Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden's goal this year is not to lose one game to a team from the state of Tennessee....so far, so good. If they can maintain the type of play they had against Oak Hill and Austin East, they won't lose a game to a team from the state of Tennessee. With that said, anything can happen come tournament time. Every team is given a fresh start and whichever team is clicking on all cylinders will bring home the gold ball. I haven't seen any AAA teams outside of East Tennessee, but from years past, teams from Memphis are always gonna bring their "A" game to the Boro....hopefully I will get to watch that 1st hand this year

I'm not trying to hate on Bearden, but if you have not seen any West TN AAA teams play, how can you say that even if they play like the did against AE they will not loose a game?

I agree with GC opinion on the Memphis teams. Bearden is a good team, but on the other hand, if they were in Memphis playing, they would not be undefeated in my opinion. Memphis Hamilton made it out of the city undefeated but they had some tough obstacles to overcome in the state. They were playing against the refs as well, lol. The best thing that can happen to Bearden right now is to lose a game before the tournament to help regain their focus. I'm not saying that they are not focused right now. It is extremely tough to win it all being undefeated. Their schedule should have consisted of some more tough teams to prepare them for the state tournament. For example, look back at the schedule Liberty had when they won the state and the schedule Hamilton had as well. AE and Oak Hill are good teams, but their schedule should have included more tough competition.

Bearden also played in the Arbys Classic.... it doesn't get much tougher than that. They came in 3rd place in a very tough field. They lost a close game to Millers Grove, Ga. led by Ga. Tech signee Mfon Udofia. They defeated one of the top teams in Memphis ( Briarcrest) and also defeated a very strong team from Florida ( Monsignor Pace) led by Louisville signee Rakeem Buckles.

They play in one of the toughest AAA districts in the state along with 2007 AAA state champs Maryville and perennial power Farragut. They also have played the two best AA teams in ET, Fulton and Austin East.

Bearden's competition has been top notch this year. They should be well prepared for the level of comp at the 'Boro.

Bearden also played in the Arbys Classic.... it doesn't get much tougher than that. They came in 3rd place in a very tough field. They lost a close game to Millers Grove, Ga. led by Ga. Tech signee Mfon Udofia. They defeated one of the top teams in Memphis ( Briarcrest) and also defeated a very strong team from Florida ( Monsignor Pace) led by Louisville signee Rakeem Buckles.

They play in one of the toughest AAA districts in the state along with 2007 AAA state champs Maryville and perennial power Farragut. They also have played the two best AA teams in ET, Fulton and Austin East.

Bearden's competition has been top notch this year. They should be well prepared for the level of comp at the 'Boro.

Briarcrest is not one of the top teams in Memphis. Maryville got blasted by Memphis Central (a mid tier memphis team) by 30pts in December. Fulton is down this year. I think their their schedule could have been tougher. Their district must be the 3rd toughest in the state behind those two AAA districts in Memphis. I'm not taking anything away from Bearden, but we need to understand that the ship goes through those teams from the mighty West. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Briarcrest is not one of the top teams in Memphis. Maryville got blasted by Memphis Central (a mid tier memphis team) by 30pts in December. Fulton is down this year. I think their their schedule could have been tougher. Their district must be the 3rd toughest in the state behind those two AAA districts in Memphis. I'm not taking anything away from Bearden, but we need to understand that the ship goes through those teams from the mighty West. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE WILL SEE

Here are a few well known facts that people somehow get messed up...

1. Memphis districts are the best in basketball by far

2. Bearden is a really, really good team and will be just as good as some of these Memphis teams

3. For Bearden to win it they will probably have to knock out two Memphis teams (unless they get in the same bracket)

4. Memphis Briarcrest is one of the top teams in Memphis, as well as the state (obviously)

5. The rest of the district and region teams Bearden plays wouldn't make it to the regions in the Memphis area

6. Bearden's schedule has been tough, not the toughest, but tough... and they will come in battle tested, just not as much as the Memphis team have been...

This is coming from someone who is non bias, lives in middle tennessee, and has nothing to do with any of the teams mentioned above...

Here are a few well known facts that people somehow get messed up...

1. Memphis districts are the best in basketball by far

2. Bearden is a really, really good team and will be just as good as some of these Memphis teams

3. For Bearden to win it they will probably have to knock out two Memphis teams (unless they get in the same bracket)

4. Memphis Briarcrest is one of the top teams in Memphis, as well as the state (obviously)

5. The rest of the district and region teams Bearden plays wouldn't make it to the regions in the Memphis area

6. Bearden's schedule has been tough, not the toughest, but tough... and they will come in battle tested, just not as much as the Memphis team have been...

This is coming from someone who is non bias, lives in middle tennessee, and has nothing to do with any of the teams mentioned above...

I respect your opinion, however, Briarcrest is not one of the top teams in Memphis. They are ranked last among the 12 top teams in Memphis regardless of class. I will not dispute any of your other statements because you are entitled to your opinion.

I respect your opinion, however, Briarcrest is not one of the top teams in Memphis. They are ranked last among the 12 top teams in Memphis regardless of class. I will not dispute any of your other statements because you are entitled to your opinion.

Briarcrest has 3 D1 (1 extremely high, 1 high, and 1 mid major) players on the team in Wooten, Williams, and McDonald...

They have played arguably the toughest schedule of any team regardless of class in the state of Tennessee...

Although they are "ranked" 12th among the TOP teams in Memphis.... how many high schools are in memphis... 25, 30, 40... So it really depends on what you consider "TOP"...

I will say that Briarcrest isn't in the top 2-3 teams in Memphis but to say that they aren't a "top" team.... that's crazy talk...

Anyways.... This is a 3A state championship topic... and briarcrest is private... so back to this topic...

Also, sorry about not including Craigmont on my "Tiers of Teams" list they would fall in the Second Tier... I'm sure I might have forgotten someone else....

That's about as on the mark as can be.......I would at worst have Craigmont in that Second Tier category though...possibly first Tier.

Craigmont EASILY belongs in the TOP tier!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As a matter of fact, should Craigmont get out of Memphis, I would not be shocked to see Craigmont win the 3A State Title (I am NOT saying that they WILL, though). Craigmont truly has all the ingredients of a Bona Fide Championship team.

Craigmont's biggest problem, from what I've observed, is that they have a tendency to digress into too much one-one-one play. They don't play smart TEAM basketball, consistently. This makes Craigmont more "beatable," than they would be, otherwise.... IMHO, this illustrates a Coaching problem.

Ok let me put this in realistic terms for you...

I dont care who or what the west has this year if Bearden plays like they did against Oak Hill or AE there wont be a team that even comes close to touching them... NOT CLOSE now sayin that Bearden is repeditive about chocking come tourney time so we dont know what Bearden team will show up then.

No one can match up size and talent wize this year. i dont believe anybody from the west has a line up where it looks somethin like this 6'5 6'5 6'6 6'7 and 6'10 (the big guy is argumentaly one of the best post players in tennessee after the performance against Oak Hill stand out tiny) 4 out of the 5 players will play D1 basketball and a few gaurds can stick there arm pit in the rim because thats what the west is gonna run across this year against Bearden... maybe even 5 players playin D1 ball correct me if im wrong with the whole west thing??? and o yea these boys are not slow either theyre a fast team so the west is not gonna out run em.