Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever survives out region 8AAA... whether it be White Station, Melrose, RE, whoever...

I'm not saying that everyone of these teams are better than everyone in the state, however whoever lasts the longest out of this group will be the 09' state champs...

I'll give it to Bearden this year they are really good... but I still feel the AAA gold ball will come out of Memphis...

Walker Valley is overrated, but still a very good team...

Here are my Tiers of Teams.... (tiered teams not in order)

1st Tier

White Station

Bearden

Melrose

RE

2nd Tier

Ridgeway

Germantown

Liberty Tech

Siegel

3rd Tier

Southwind

Walker Valley

Franklin

JCM

Shelbyville

Maplewood

Columbia

They're are a few other teams that need to be mentioned in the 3rd tier but that's about what you are looking at in 3A... Look for Southwind to really become a power in 3A over the next few years...

Bearden's goal this year is not to lose one game to a team from the state of Tennessee....so far, so good. If they can maintain the type of play they had against Oak Hill and Austin East, they won't lose a game to a team from the state of Tennessee. With that said, anything can happen come tournament time. Every team is given a fresh start and whichever team is clicking on all cylinders will bring home the gold ball. I haven't seen any AAA teams outside of East Tennessee, but from years past, teams from Memphis are always gonna bring their "A" game to the Boro....hopefully I will get to watch that 1st hand this year

Whoever survives out region 8AAA... whether it be White Station, Melrose, RE, whoever...

I'm not saying that everyone of these teams are better than everyone in the state, however whoever lasts the longest out of this group will be the 09' state champs...

I'll give it to Bearden this year they are really good... but I still feel the AAA gold ball will come out of Memphis...

Walker Valley is overrated, but still a very good team...

Here are my Tiers of Teams.... (tiered teams not in order)

1st Tier

White Station

Bearden

Melrose

RE

2nd Tier

Ridgeway

Germantown

Liberty Tech

Siegel

3rd Tier

Southwind

Walker Valley

Franklin

JCM

Shelbyville

Maplewood

Columbia

They're are a few other teams that need to be mentioned in the 3rd tier but that's about what you are looking at in 3A... Look for Southwind to really become a power in 3A over the next few years...

That's about as on the mark as can be.......I would at worst have Craigmont in that Second Tier category though...possibly first Tier.

Post on here who you think will win the 3A state championship.

I think that it has to be Bearden. They are talented and play really well together. It also seems that they have gotten better as the year has gone on and that is the way championship teams are supposed to develop. Don't get me wrong Memphis always has tremendously talented teams but I think this is Bearden's year.

I think the 3A State Championship is the most wide open of all 3 classes. I realize Bearden is VERY talented and has won some big time games and lost by 10 to Oak Hill. Even though Oak Hill is not what it is compared to years past, any team that plays with or beats any Oak Hill team is the real deal.

Any team that comes out of Memphis will be battle tested. As we all know, Memphis is basketball city USA. You have some powerful teams such as Melrose, White Station, Raleigh Egypt, Ridgeway and we'll throw in Liberty Tech. out of Jackson. I think any of these 5 teams are capable of beating Bearden. I'd rather see the gold ball come back to the West, but if Bearden brings home the gold this year, then it'll be very well deserved because they'll be going against some STOUT competition at state.

So many times the favorite has more pressure to win. Look at Fulton. They should have won the year before but

did not pull it off--then took it last year with most of the same players. Bearden should win it with all of the seniors on the team. It is their year if they will play like they are now. Sometimes when you get out of the confines of your home floor things do not go as well. I still think AE will go a long ways despite Beardens lopsided win. The loss should have gotten their attention. Blevins is overdue with all of the talent he has every year.

I think the 3A State Championship is the most wide open of all 3 classes. I realize Bearden is VERY talented and has won some big time games and lost by 10 to Oak Hill. Even though Oak Hill is not what it is compared to years past, any team that plays with or beats any Oak Hill team is the real deal.

Any team that comes out of Memphis will be battle tested. As we all know, Memphis is basketball city USA. You have some powerful teams such as Melrose, White Station, Raleigh Egypt, Ridgeway and we'll throw in Liberty Tech. out of Jackson. I think any of these 5 teams are capable of beating Bearden. I'd rather see the gold ball come back to the West, but if Bearden brings home the gold this year, then it'll be very well deserved because they'll be going against some STOUT competition at state.

GC I totally agree with all of that

I don't know if Bearden will win the state title but they have all the necessary ingredients to win it all.

There is nothing magical or mystical about Memphis teams. Memphis teams win state titles because they are generally big, athletic, physical, play tough defense, can handle the ball, and have a shooter or two. Bearden has all these attributes. In fact, if you put this Bearden team in a Ridgeway, White Station, Melrose, etc. uniform, no one would know that they weren't from Memphis because they are truly a physically intimidating team.

IMO, the key to Bearden winning it all will be how they handle the hoopla and pressure of playing in a state tourney. Their key players will also have to step up and make the plays they are capable of making at "crunch" time because they will at some point be challenged.

I don't know if Bearden will win the state title but they have all the necessary ingredients to win it all.

There is nothing magical or mystical about Memphis teams. Memphis teams win state titles because they are generally big, athletic, physical, play tough defense, can handle the ball, and have a shooter or two. Bearden has all these attributes. In fact, if you put this Bearden team in a Ridgeway, White Station, Melrose, etc. uniform, no one would know that they weren't from Memphis because they are truly a physically intimidating team.

IMO, the key to Bearden winning it all will be how they handle the hoopla and pressure of playing in a state tourney. Their key players will also have to step up and make the plays they are capable of making at "crunch" time because they will at some point be challenged.

Sounds great, I can't wait to see them in action. I heard they had nice size but how many college caliber players do they have???

Sounds great, I can't wait to see them in action. I heard they had nice size but how many college caliber players do they have???

I agree with GC opinion on the Memphis teams. Bearden is a good team, but on the other hand, if they were in Memphis playing, they would not be undefeated in my opinion. Memphis Hamilton made it out of the city undefeated but they had some tough obstacles to overcome in the state. They were playing against the refs as well, lol. The best thing that can happen to Bearden right now is to lose a game before the tournament to help regain their focus. I'm not saying that they are not focused right now. It is extremely tough to win it all being undefeated. Their schedule should have consisted of some more tough teams to prepare them for the state tournament. For example, look back at the schedule Liberty had when they won the state and the schedule Hamilton had as well. AE and Oak Hill are good teams, but their schedule should have included more tough competition.