Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

You know what, Unreal21-- after having seen White Station twice this year (no disrespect to Bearden, or any other team), I will not be shocked to see them actually win the AAA State Title.....IF, if they can make it out of Memphis!

-----------------------------------------------------

White Station has essentially has the SAME team as last year's AAA runner-up squad, only more experienced!

They are nowhere near as good a team as ANY of those dominant White Station teams, back during the Coach Tippet era. They are not overpowering. Nevertheless, they posess enough key components to actually win a State Championship. Additionally, they are a poised bunch & play EXCELLENT team ball.

TraderB, when i say White Station will win I was stating that because I knew they returned a lot from last years team that got beat by Ridgeway. If they can make it out of Memphis then they have a good shot. Memphis teams are way more athletic, tall, quick, etc. They are better at every aspect. Bearden is good not too mention they do not run 6'5, 6'5, 6'6, 6'7, 6'10 i promise you that. Simpson is 6'8 maybe 6'9. Parker is around 6'4(probably their best player), Jenkins 6'5 or 6'6. and the other boy is around 6'5....they are not at athletic as they think they are either. Its just that the level of basketball here in Knoxville area is not as good as it has been in the past. Not saying that dont have stand out players because they do but team wise they are down. I do believe Bearden makes it to the boro and loses quick to whomever they play as long as its not an East Tennessee team. I have watched Bearden too much and I also have had the opportunity to watch those memphis teams play and they can it. Now every now and then a team from the east will bring home the gold ball like in 07 with Maryville and 08 Fulton.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EAST TN HAS TWO GOLD BBALLS IN THE LAST 2 YEARS (MARYVILLE AND FULTON)!! I UNDERSTAND THAT MARYVILLE WAS NOT THE BEST TEAM THERE IN 07. FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, NEITHER WAS FULTON IN 08. THEY WERE GOOD ENOUGH, I GUESS. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE SAYS THAT EAST TN CANT PLAY WITH THE REST OF THE STATE. THEY HAVE HELD THEIR OWN LATELY, AND I FEEL THAT BEARDEN HAS A DECENT CHANCE TO MAKE A RUN LIKE MARYVILLE DID.

NEON

I'm from Knoxville and i agree maryville probably wasnt the best team in 07 and Fulton probably wasnt in 08. But they had coaches that are GREAT coaches.. best coaches in east tennessee. Bearden is big and so was Maryville back when they won the state and also had some shooters. This Bearden team is big and cant shoot that well from the outside, they tend to get out of control and lose their composure.

I agree they are talented. I really think they should run/press more because they have athletes for days...

Trader I'm with you on that one...If they get out of Memphis Joe won't let them lose again

There are so many really good teams in Memphis it's allmost obscene. Some are really good and get overlooked.

I think you made a comment a couple of weeks ago that there is really know way to tell who the best team is in Memphis...I think I would have to agree with that statment.

District 15AAA

White Station 14-1 18-5

Ridgeway 10-2 18-5

Southwind 9-4 17-5

Kirby 8-5 15-8

Germantown 7-7 16-8

Distruct 16 AAA

Melrose 12-1 25-2

Memphis Central 11-2 17-3

Fairley 8-5 13-9

District 14 AAA

Raleigh Egypt 9-1 23-2

Craigmont 8-1 15-3

15 AAA is just brutal and the number two teams in 14 AAA and 16 AAA are just as capable as any team in the state of making a deep run. What do you think? No telling how many D1 players will come out of these three districts......talking about freshman to seniors. It's kind of mind boggling when you stop and think about it.

Each team you just mentioned has ATLEAST 1 big time D1 player. Some have atleast 3.

I know White Station has Joe, Farrokahn, and I've heard they got a Sophomore that's the real deal as well. I forget the kids name. Those other teams have other big time players as well. Marterence Brock (Ridgeway), Adonis Thomas (Melrose), Tim Peete (Central) etc...

Each team you just mentioned has ATLEAST 1 big time D1 player. Some have atleast 3.

I know White Station has Joe, Farrokahn, and I've heard they got a Sophomore that's the real deal as well. I forget the kids name. Those other teams have other big time players as well. Marterence Brock (Ridgeway), Adonis Thomas (Melrose), Tim Peete (Central) etc...

While Joe Jackson get all the "ink," where White Station is concerned, Farrokahn Hall's BIG-TIME improvement is the biggest reason that White Station is an even more dangerous team this year!

I think you may be talking about Andre Hollins. He will be a high major player to.

I hear Bearden is a very good team, but the Memphis teams will be battle tested by the team they reach the Boro. Understand that 15-AAA's top 5 teams could easily make a run to the Boro and the arguement about size is pretty Moot. Southwind who didn't have a player over 6'4 was able to beat White Station who has two players(Ferrakhon and another one) over 6'7/6'8. Melrose reminds me of a Memphis team as they are very young, but they play enough defense to overcome that. Central is a very good team and to think they still played this Melrose team tough without 3 of their key players and were able to beat them once they returned. Craigmont may lack ideal height, but their guards are the truth and so are Raleigh Egypt's. I think Memphis brings it back again in another all Memphis Final. I'll go out on a limb and say

White Station vs. Raleigh Egypt(due to their leadership)

White Station vs. Melrose wouldn't surprise me though.

I hear Bearden is a very good team, but the Memphis teams will be battle tested by the team they reach the Boro. Understand that 15-AAA's top 5 teams could easily make a run to the Boro and the arguement about size is pretty Moot. Southwind who didn't have a player over 6'4 was able to beat White Station who has two players(Ferrakhon and another one) over 6'7/6'8. Melrose reminds me of a Memphis team as they are very young, but they play enough defense to overcome that. Central is a very good team and to think they still played this Melrose team tough without 3 of their key players and were able to beat them once they returned. Craigmont may lack ideal height, but their guards are the truth and so are Raleigh Egypt's. I think Memphis brings it back again in another all Memphis Final. I'll go out on a limb and say

White Station vs. Raleigh Egypt(due to their leadership)

White Station vs. Melrose wouldn't surprise me though.

I agree it might very well be a Memphis final...also Craigmont has nice size/height and guards are alright. RE's Gentry is the truth and they have nice big men

Wow is all i can say with this reponse. You must not have watched Memphis teams very much because all those teams are just as big as Bearden and A LOT more atheltic. Simpson can make good grades but if he doesnt make that certain score on his ACT he isnt going anywhere. I agree he can play at UTC but mid major is the best he will do. Blake Jenkins can be recruited by anyone but doesnt mean he will play. Because he wont there. and they are a below average ACC team. He will not step foot on the floor there. Parker is probably their best player and like to watch him play but he is mid major at best as well. Dont get me wrong they have a lot more talent than anyone around East Tennessee but not even close for the teams out west. and i have watched Bearden play about a dozen times this year. Oak Ridge was better than Bearden last year. They had better team players but they ran into a BIGGER more TALENTED team in White Station who lost to Ridgeway in the finals. Maryville did win it a few years ago but and i quote " Coach Elderidge is a better coach than Blevins". Bearden is deep for now while in East Tennessee but that second five is weak besides the big guy who could start for a lot of schools in ET. I want the East to bring back the title like Fulton did last year but not going to happen in any classifications this year.

AS for AE they are NOT the best team in their district or region. Look they best Fulton twice this yera and do every year but when it comes tournament time they cant beat fulton. That might change this year but until they beat Fulton then NO they are not the best team in the district. Fulton lost twice to them last year during the season and Fulton beat them by i believe 20 in the district finals and by 40 in the region finals. Coach mitchell is a joke over there. Should be winning titles instead losing in district finals and region finals.

Yeah blevins is not a very good coach at all, and same for mitchell, but i dont know about the whole AE losing to fulton this year... i know coach wright is a great coach we'll c what happens come tourney time in a few weeks!

Yeah blevins is not a very good coach at all, and same for mitchell, but i dont know about the whole AE losing to fulton this year... i know coach wright is a great coach we'll c what happens come tourney time in a few weeks!

How is Blevins not a good coach? Check his record while he has been a bearden and then rethink that. Just because he hasn't brought home a gold ball, doesn't mean he is not a good coach

How is Blevins not a good coach? Check his record while he has been a bearden and then rethink that. Just because he hasn't brought home a gold ball, doesn't mean he is not a good coach

check the athletes that go through Bearden and then rethink that! Bearden is loaded year in year out with ridiculous talent... its not so much the coaching that it is the players getting the job done.

for example bad coaching Oak Hill game perfect example never played all 5 of his best players at the same time until they went down big then if you watched when he played them 5 at the same time they made a big run... those 5 players should have played the majority of the second half TOGETHER! hes made mistakes like these through out this year and years past.

Last year substate his team was down and he felt they had a bad attitude so he yanks all 5 of his starters out and puts the bench players in... which made a 5 or 6 point lead for dobynns bennet (i believe) turn into a 20 point lead in minutes.