Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

Also, out of the 11 years a Memphis team did not win it... 4 of this years a Memphis team was the runner up...

So in AAA a Memphis team has been in the state finals 23 out of the last 30 years... So that's why it's extremely tough to beat two Memphis teams to win it all...

The teams were the 81' GW Carver, 88' Mem' Northside, 98' White Station, and 08 White Station...

Odds are from looking at the past one Memphis team has a 63% chance of winning the state championship and a 77% chance of making it to the finals...

When you get to the state your in AAA your playing against house money... and Memphis is the house...

Anyone that knows anything about high school basketball! Knows Memphis is a hot bed for basketball! Some of the best players in the country come out of Memphis! The numbers speak for themselves!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a horse in the race unless Southwind pulls out a Majestic run, but my only arguement is that Effus assuming Bearden comes through and runs through the field is Highly unlikely and I don't know much about East TN I just know that Bearden's best victory are two AA schools and a private school from Memphis by only 3.

I don't really have a horse in the race unless Southwind pulls out a Majestic run, but my only arguement is that Effus assuming Bearden comes through and runs through the field is Highly unlikely and I don't know much about East TN I just know that Bearden's best victory are two AA schools and a private school from Memphis by only 3.

and a victory over the defending 6A florida state champions, and an undefeated run through district play and a10 point loss to the #2 ranked team in the nation, Oak Hill Academy. Bearden has been tested this season and will be ready come tournament time....I promise you this, there is no team in Memphis that is half the team Oak Hill Academy is

and a victory over the defending 6A florida state champions, and an undefeated run through district play and a10 point loss to the #2 ranked team in the nation, Oak Hill Academy. Bearden has been tested this season and will be ready come tournament time....I promise you this, there is no team in Memphis that is half the team Oak Hill Academy is

Im quite sure but come on over here and Bearden would leave with a couple of losses....

Do you think Maryville is better than...say Ridgeway, Central or Craigmont? Do you believe Farragut is better than a Southwind/Gtown/Kirby or Fairley, maybe Bolton? Well White Station and Melrose and Raleigh face all these teams that have enough to win state or get the Boro every other night. They have seen dominant big men, balance, shooters etc. I think whatever Memphis teams make it to the Boro will be equipped to do damage and knock off Bearden.

has watched or have watched...

I'm sure a few people on these boards have seen both areas play multiple games this year... I would think that someone from Briarcrest would know as much as anyone on who would be the most likely to win it all... but it is always a bias answer when predicting a champion...

ha yea i hate bearden!!! when i played high school ball they beat us twice on some bull, but i still think they are the best as much as i dont wanna say it... and any team that can play Oak Hill to 10 points is one of the best teams in the state.

Everybody just needs to forget if they are from the east, middle, or west and just look at the teams talent wize.

I am sorry, but if you saw what Bearden had this year then you could not argue that they are the best team in the state on paper, but i am not gonna say they are gonna win state because you never know whats gonna happen tournament time.

Do you think Maryville is better than...say Ridgeway, Central or Craigmont? Do you believe Farragut is better than a Southwind/Gtown/Kirby or Fairley, maybe Bolton? Well White Station and Melrose and Raleigh face all these teams that have enough to win state or get the Boro every other night. They have seen dominant big men, balance, shooters etc. I think whatever Memphis teams make it to the Boro will be equipped to do damage and knock off Bearden.

No that Maryville team wasnt the top 5 best in east tennessee they just made a run.

that year in east tennessee i would rank that maryville team behind powell (powell beat them by 25 in region championship), halls, farragut, oak ridge, and bearden. I would also rank them below one AA team that being fulton.

Meh, a moral victory counts little to me in my opinion. What if the game was a 15 or 18 point loss? Losses shouldn't be used to Measure how good a team is and why they're better than other. Like I said I'm not all into the East Tn vs. West TN thing, but I still think counting a Memphis team out is very unwise.

Oh and Basketball I asked about Maryville, because Maryville and Farragut are the 2nd and 3rd best team in 4-AAA and teams I listed were the 2nd-4th best team in a certain district.

Meh, a moral victory counts little to me in my opinion. What if the game was a 15 or 18 point loss? Losses shouldn't be used to Measure how good a team is and why they're better than other. Like I said I'm not all into the East Tn vs. West TN thing, but I still think counting a Memphis team out is very unwise.

Oh and Basketball I asked about Maryville, because Maryville and Farragut are the 2nd and 3rd best team in 4-AAA and teams I listed were the 2nd-4th best team in a certain district.

o ok i gotcha man, but im gonna be honest the teams as a whole in west tennessee are much better than east tennessee this year, but i still think the best team lies in the east. the west will give bearden all they want and more.

No that Maryville team wasnt the top 5 best in east tennessee they just made a run.

that year in east tennessee i would rank that maryville team behind powell (powell beat them by 25 in region championship), halls, farragut, oak ridge, and bearden. I would also rank them below one AA team that being fulton.

You can rank Maryville's 2007 team whatever you want my friend....... they won the state title and that's what will be remembered, not your opinion.

On the way to the state title in the tournament that year, Maryville beat Farragut, Bearden ( twice), Oak Ridge, Science Hill, Bradley Central, Nashville Whites Creek, and Clarksville. Pretty hard to "fluke" your way through all of those teams with numerous future college players and other outstanding high school players.

Maryville certainly wasn't the best team that year during the regular season, but you have to remember they were adjusting to a first year coach who didn't get to conduct his first practice with that team until fall practice began. That first practice didn't even include the football players, who didn't join the team until mid-December after another football state title. But, basketball is a tournament sport and Maryville was at their best during the tournament in 2007.

Back to the original thread....... Bearden has everything it takes to win a state title this year. They can play with anybody in the state.