Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

I think this is Beardens best opportunity in several years. I definitely think they will go to the state. They have experience in pressure "big time games".. The reason there is a TN AAA tournament is to decide the best team based on the one and out format. No room for let down. It took Fulton about 3 or 4 tries and they probably had the better team when they won the Silver ball twice....Lets just let the tournament move forward and see who comes out on top. It sounds like someone from the Memphis area that has signed on in the last 2 months is trying to decide the outcome before it happens. I am not a Bearden supporter but I think they are best equipped to represent East TN in the AAA trip to Murfreesboro. Memphis could not get it done last year in the NCAA because they could not handle pressure. Basketball is a tournament sport. I will agree there are more BB athletes in Memphis but it is a team sport. May the best team win.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you're talking to me, if so then let me say this I have not said that Bearden WON'T win State, there have been people who guaranteed they will and consider them one of the best teams in the Nation. Other posters have said Bearden will run away with State etc., I already said I don't have a horse in this race unless my school gets there, but my main point is(Let it be known) that Bearden has as much chance of any team(including Memphis teams) to win State. I believe Memphis teams have what it takes to beat Bearden in State. If the Bulldogs win State though I'll congratulate them and won't be surprised if they do.

I assume you're talking to me, if so then let me say this I have not said that Bearden WON'T win State, there have been people who guaranteed they will and consider them one of the best teams in the Nation. Other posters have said Bearden will run away with State etc., I already said I don't have a horse in this race unless my school gets there, but my main point is(Let it be known) that Bearden has as much chance of any team(including Memphis teams) to win State. I believe Memphis teams have what it takes to beat Bearden in State. If the Bulldogs win State though I'll congratulate them and won't be surprised if they do.

It definitely won't be an easy run for the Bulldogs, but I think they have what it takes to come back to Knoxville with the gold ball.

I think this is Beardens best opportunity in several years. I definitely think they will go to the state. They have experience in pressure "big time games".. The reason there is a TN AAA tournament is to decide the best team based on the one and out format. No room for let down. It took Fulton about 3 or 4 tries and they probably had the better team when they won the Silver ball twice....Lets just let the tournament move forward and see who comes out on top. It sounds like someone from the Memphis area that has signed on in the last 2 months is trying to decide the outcome before it happens. I am not a Bearden supporter but I think they are best equipped to represent East TN in the AAA trip to Murfreesboro. Memphis could not get it done last year in the NCAA because they could not handle pressure. Basketball is a tournament sport. I will agree there are more BB athletes in Memphis but it is a team sport. May the best team win.

PTMUPS,

I am very familiar with the top Mphs teams...

I know absolutely nothing about Bearden, except that they have a great record. They appear to have a very solid team. Additionally, I see that played Oak Hill very tough, but nipped Mphs Briarcrest by 3 pts...

I'd like to point out a few things, for the benefit of all but, particularly to any OVERZEALOUS Bearden fan:

------------------------------------------------------------

1) WARNING: Bearden will NOT breeze to the State Championship game (if they even get there, at all.....I am NOT saying that they will not...) It would be fool-hearty and extremely wishful thinking, to think otherwise.

2) GUARENTEE: Bearden will have its hands MORE THAN FULL, if/when they play ANY of the our Mphs teams in the State Tournament!

3) CAUTION: It will NOT be an upset, should Bearden LOSE to any of our Mphs teams! Do not be shocked.

4) GUARENTEE: Every one of our top Mphs teams is more than capable of defeating Bearden.

5) CAUTION: Briarcrest is NOT a top-5 Mphs team! They are only around 8th - 12th best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day... NO team, from ANY part of the State (including my Mphs area teams) can afford to just waltz into the State Tournament with an arrogant, over-confident attitude. That is a sure-fire recipe for a quick exit and disappointing burst of their State-Championship-dream bubble!

You are right about Siegel. Science Hill, DB, and siegel were in a Thanksgiving tourney at Knox Central. They are a darkhorse but could sneak in there. I remember when 5 white guys from the old Linden High School won 3 straight I believe many years ago. There was no classifications. I think they all received D1 scholarships not sure.

But with the classifications coming in late sixties and with the private school side there are too many champions now.

There should be a fourth class for mega schools like in football at this time. The way kids transfer now and load a team up with "hardship" transfers the championships are tainted a lot. The main thing is education!!!!

You can rank Maryville's 2007 team whatever you want my friend....... they won the state title and that's what will be remembered, not your opinion.

On the way to the state title in the tournament that year, Maryville beat Farragut, Bearden ( twice), Oak Ridge, Science Hill, Bradley Central, Nashville Whites Creek, and Clarksville. Pretty hard to "fluke" your way through all of those teams with numerous future college players and other outstanding high school players.

Maryville certainly wasn't the best team that year during the regular season, but you have to remember they were adjusting to a first year coach who didn't get to conduct his first practice with that team until fall practice began. That first practice didn't even include the football players, who didn't join the team until mid-December after another football state title. But, basketball is a tournament sport and Maryville was at their best during the tournament in 2007.

Back to the original thread....... Bearden has everything it takes to win a state title this year. They can play with anybody in the state.

Yeah Maryville was good, but they made a run towards tourney time... Powell was a much better team than them that year, Powell just got matched up with argumentaly the best team in the state tournament that year Oakland, and the region championship where powell beat maryville by 25 wasnt a fluke maryville couldnt run with powell, that was one of the easiest teams faced all year they were too big and slow no offense. I will give it to maryville though they did what it took to win in the state tournament. and if you wanna compare stats powell beat a top team in the nation and that being The Patterson School (NC) that was when they had Cameron Tatum and company, Oak Ridge by 25 in district, beat Bearden, beat dobynns bennett, beat farragut by almost 30, beat halls twice (halls only lost 4 games that year), beat Karns (that was also in Karns hayday), and beat fulton.

2007 was one of the best year for east tennessee from top to bottom in a while. Powell, Halls, Karns, and Oak Ridge were very good out of the 3aaa district, actually the 3AAA district all around was good that year. then Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut were stacked them years as well.

I just dont believe Maryville could have beaten Powell, or halls, and maybe not karns, and i dont believe they would have beaten Oak Ridge more than one time if they would have played 5 times. Who knows though the teams were too good all around to tell what wouldve happened. Maryville was a good team that year, but not the best team out of the east, they just did what it took tournament time and got the job done congrats.

Yeah Maryville was good, but they made a run towards tourney time... Powell was a much better team than them that year, Powell just got matched up with argumentaly the best team in the state tournament that year Oakland, and the region championship where powell beat maryville by 25 wasnt a fluke maryville couldnt run with powell, that was one of the easiest teams faced all year they were too big and slow no offense. I will give it to maryville though they did what it took to win in the state tournament. and if you wanna compare stats powell beat a top team in the nation and that being The Patterson School (NC) that was when they had Cameron Tatum and company, Oak Ridge by 25 in district, beat Bearden, beat dobynns bennett, beat farragut by almost 30, beat halls twice (halls only lost 4 games that year), beat Karns (that was also in Karns hayday), and beat fulton.

2007 was one of the best year for east tennessee from top to bottom in a while. Powell, Halls, Karns, and Oak Ridge were very good out of the 3aaa district, actually the 3AAA district all around was good that year. then Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut were stacked them years as well.

I just dont believe Maryville could have beaten Powell, or halls, and maybe not karns, and i dont believe they would have beaten Oak Ridge more than one time if they would have played 5 times. Who knows though the teams were too good all around to tell what wouldve happened. Maryville was a good team that year, but not the best team out of the east, they just did what it took tournament time and got the job done congrats.

Didn't that same pwerhouse Powell team lose to Catholic? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Didn't that same pwerhouse Powell team lose to Catholic? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hahaha yes off a last second bull crap to that harrison kid... Powell always struggles with catholic every year no matter how good they are i dont understand it lol

i guess you could say catholic kinda has powells number. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You are contradicting yourself in your statements. Bearden is ranked the #1 team in Tennessee. Memphis was ranked #1 and lost in the championship. You're right, basketball is a tournament sport, so according to your Bearden statement and your Memphis Tigers statement, one can assume that Bearden could possibly make it to the ship and lose like the Tigers did because of the pressure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />