Who here has ran the clock for the game?

bigbearsfan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have an extra official do the clock...

Best idea on here in five years....We have to beg for people to do it because the fans or so obnoxious...this week in middle school I saw a woman come out of the balcony to the scorers' table ....while the game is going on mind you....to discuss the wrong score..........please recommend to the basketball offficials association and TSSAA.

I've run the clock for CPA since 1995. The worst part was for 6 years Bighurt sat next to me doing the book....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At least I never received a technical foul, unlike the official scorer who preceded me - it wasn't robjim.

Like they say "Ain't no love in Unionville." /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As for running the clock, I have a mental block. I just can't do it.

I have, but vowed 30 years ago to never do it again and I have kept my word. (it was middle school at that)

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Me too! Vowed never to touch it again, and haven't for over 30 years. Had a group of parents chase me home into my driveway after our team lost a tournament title on a shot with one "click" left on the clock. I decided if Middle School parents were that fanatical, they could pay someone instead of getting the job done for free! Just wasn't worth the hassles!

I especially love it when a fan comes running up, or yells loudly, "Start the clock when the ball is thrown in bounds!!" It's amazing how many people don't know the clock doesn't start until the ball touches a player.

Actually score3, that is incorrect. The clock starts when the ref. drops his/her hand. The clock operator is not an ref. and cannot make a "judgement call". Watch the ref., not the ball.