East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

What is the word out of Lyles these days? I have been on the road with work and out of the loop. How are the winter workouts going? When will spring practice be and are there any scrimmages lined up? I hope that there will be some good numbers coming from the middle school program,fresh meat and some depth would be helpful.

I thought that the team showed some improvement last season and hope that things continue to get better. I heard that our new region is going to be a tough one.

I would appreciate any updates!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently you have been way far away. Lots of stuff happening. NEWS FLASH . East High School Coach ( forgot his name) attacks the middle School Program....... I just hope he makes his decision for the better and leaves........ dont stay where you are not wanted,better yet....hated. Common sense says..... "if you are overwhelmingly disliked. You have no ( or a very few ) supporters , your outside issues are effecting any ability ,if there was/is any to coach, 97% of your team literally hates you" , it is time to move on. A smart person learns from his mistakes.... a stupid person learns the hard way.

And you speak with Christian love I see.

There is a reason that Hickman County high school has had some of the best years in school history of late. The East Hickman "fans" have been removed to "root" for their own high school.

Good luck to all concerned in the future.......and you are right, I would have to agree, some are to good to be where they are at........and should probably leave the "fan base" to coach themselves.

Evidently you have been way far away. Lots of stuff happening. NEWS FLASH . East High School Coach ( forgot his name) attacks the middle School Program....... I just hope he makes his decision for the better and leaves........ dont stay where you are not wanted,better yet....hated. Common sense says..... "if you are overwhelmingly disliked. You have no ( or a very few ) supporters , your outside issues are effecting any ability ,if there was/is any to coach, 97% of your team literally hates you" , it is time to move on. A smart person learns from his mistakes.... a stupid person learns the hard way.

Comments like this are why no good coach with any sense would go here or stay here. This program will be in dismay for a long time because it is parents and so called fans in hickville that no very little about supporting your team and coaches and no absolutely nothing about football. This is embarassing. Middle school is not much more than glorified junior pro. If this is what yall want for a coach then good luck. middle school coaches should be assistants at the high school level first and then see how much they think they know.

It is people like you that make good people and coaches in education change careers. You have NO CLUE!! You say Coach Jones attacked the middle school program? What would you do if someone came to your house and persuaded your family to leave and go somewhere else. That is what the middle school coach "supposedly" has done. If my middle school coach did that to me, one of us would not be left standing. You have to protect your house, and in this case: your program. I thought that the Hickman County politics concerning high school athletics would have gone by the wayside when EHHS was built. Obviously I am wrong. It is worse than Centerville. The idea of East being built was to give more kids a chance to participate in extracurricular activities. Instead of being happy and excited that you have a place to call your own, you and others have brought an extremely negative light on EHHS. You say a smart person learns from their mistakes....and a stupid person learns the hard way? Here is one for you: Make a mistake once and it is a mistake, make the same mistake again and it becomes a habit. In your case and others who bring negativity to East, it is becoming a habit that your kids are watching and learning. Congrats! I really cannot believe I am responding to this situation because I do not have a dog in the hunt, but I cannot stand to see idiots try to tear a man and a program down. Once again, the county of Hickman has stood up to their reputation as a graveyard as far as coaching is concerned.

WOW.......... easteaglemom17.......... I started this thread to get some POSITIVE info on a program that I support. I heard enough belly aching from the fair weather fans at the few games that I was able to attend last fall. I believe that the coaching staff and players that had the intestinal fortitude to stick it out when the going was tough should by now have earned the respect of those that know what it takes to be a part of a TEAM.

As far as 97% of the kids disliking the coaches, I don't remember being too fond of my D.I. and Paris Island but I respected the job he did with a bunch of 18-19 year old snot nosed kids. I guess that he was lucky that my mother was not able to get on USMC.com and hide behind a screen name to bash him. Grab a whistle, see the coaches maybe you can help with workouts or spring practice.

At least by coming over to the football forums and bashing the football coaches you have given the basketball coaches a break, not too much at east makes you happy does it?

Off my soapbox now....... Oh by the way easteaglemom17, you seem to be such a rabid supporter,could you answer my original question and post when spring practice is and what scrimmages the TEAM has lined up.

Thank you sweetie!

If I am not mistaken, have most these coaches not won, and been part of good programs other places? I think that for the coaches' sake they shoud get run out of town. Then you folks can have coaches that are soft and not demanding, and you'll win all sorts of games...... maybe even a gold ball, right.

It seems the only time high school kids listin to parents is when they are badmouthing teachers and coaches. Are some of us just looking for attention from little Johnny?

This is varsity football, not junior pro where everybody gets to play, the parents really do know as much as the coaches and they get an orange slice after the game. If you guys ever want to win, let your coaches coach. I hope that some of you are as passionate about your kid's report card as you are badmouthing good people.

It is people like you that make good people and coaches in education change careers. You have NO CLUE!! You say Coach Jones attacked the middle school program? What would you do if someone came to your house and persuaded your family to leave and go somewhere else. That is what the middle school coach "supposedly" has done. If my middle school coach did that to me, one of us would not be left standing. You have to protect your house, and in this case: your program. I thought that the Hickman County politics concerning high school athletics would have gone by the wayside when EHHS was built. Obviously I am wrong. It is worse than Centerville. The idea of East being built was to give more kids a chance to participate in extracurricular activities. Instead of being happy and excited that you have a place to call your own, you and others have brought an extremely negative light on EHHS. You say a smart person learns from their mistakes....and a stupid person learns the hard way? Here is one for you: Make a mistake once and it is a mistake, make the same mistake again and it becomes a habit. In your case and others who bring negativity to East, it is becoming a habit that your kids are watching and learning. Congrats! I really cannot believe I am responding to this situation because I do not have a dog in the hunt, but I cannot stand to see idiots try to tear a man and a program down. Once again, the county of Hickman has stood up to their reputation as a graveyard as far as coaching is concerned.

I think you need to get to know the situation a little better before you start rumors. I know the middle school coach and some of the kids there and no one went to any houses and persuaded anyone. That is all a lie. This is all about coach Jones having nay sayers against him. Don't try and pull a successful middle school program in with his mess. The middle school coach has bent over backwards to support the high school with no complaints. Matt Jones tried to get the spotlight off of him and put it on the middle school and his plan backfired and may cost him his job. Before you dog the middle school coach, maybe you should meet him first and see what all he does for the community that he lives in and see what kind of person he is first. I know him personally and have never heard him speak of wanting coach Jones's job. I think he really enjoys his job and he's been real good at his glorified junior pro job. (WHAT A JOKE!!!!)

I had to come on here and make my statement. I love how people who actually have no idea what is going on in our community can make assumptions. I know what is going on and it is not a pretty sight. But I do not know the entire scope of this situation, just what I have been told thus far. This is not Paris Island, this is not the NFL, this is High School Football folks, these are kids, from 14 - 18 years old........ KIDS.Mistreating kids will not be tolerated. This is supposed to be fun, a pleasent time to look back on once life hits them in the face. Our Coach has some serious issues being addressed to him. It has gone beyond just parents complaining, there is potential legal action, as well as the Supert. of Schools is now involved. I hate it had to come to this, but I can honestly say all this was brought on by the Coach himself. When you cross the line ( several times) something is eventually going to happen. And people he has done just that. When you start your season with 60 plus kids and lose more than half by the end of the season, does that raise a flag? Do all you co-signers for the coach think the majority of the entire East Hickman community is wrong? And the Coach is right? Before you start bashing Jr. Pro or Middle School program, you might want to know what really is going on.

I think you need to get to know the situation a little better before you start rumors. I know the middle school coach and some of the kids there and no one went to any houses and persuaded anyone. That is all a lie. This is all about coach Jones having nay sayers against him. Don't try and pull a successful middle school program in with his mess. The middle school coach has bent over backwards to support the high school with no complaints. Matt Jones tried to get the spotlight off of him and put it on the middle school and his plan backfired and may cost him his job. Before you dog the middle school coach, maybe you should meet him first and see what all he does for the community that he lives in and see what kind of person he is first. I know him personally and have never heard him speak of wanting coach Jones's job. I think he really enjoys his job and he's been real good at his glorified junior pro job. (WHAT A JOKE!!!!)

amen.......... Our Middle school coach is a class act. He lives in the community he serves.not in another county as the high School coach does. And be it Middle School......it is still our kids, they go to practice all summer, they run plays,they have tryouts, they lift weights, they train, they play football just like the High School. ...... just the kids are younger..........are they less important????? NO. No Middle School in our region would want to face East Hickman, they play hard nose football! But when they got to the new High School, all these committed,atheletic, kids get run off.......???? By a Arrogant 1-19 record wanna be coach.Go figure. The last 2 years have been pure HEL* for these kids. If you were a parent and watched your child grow up playing football..........thru Jr. Pro, thru Middle School only to get to the High School and get dogged like a mexican welldigger all summer in the hottest part of the day. Buy a so called coach who in my opinion is very mentally unstable.Wouldnt you have some words to say????? I think so. Coach Swenson came in and set up a super program for Hickman County. He had full support,sure some are going to gripe when thier kid is not playing where daddy thinks he should be playing..but this is a whole different spectrum. Swenson was not hated. He was respected, this East Coach is not any sort of a offensive genius either. I knew 95% of the plays before they ever happened, and Im in the stands! Ya Figure opposing Coach kinda knew what your brilliant mastermind coach was going to do????? lol........yea.

This situation is a joke... like fade pattern said... new program and everyone demands success right away. Problem is, nobody in East Hickman territory seems willing to work for it. Half the team quit? Sounds like the coach is trying to instill some discipline into a situation that obviously needs it. As far as legal action, it's just an older generation modeling bad behavior to a younger generation. These days, unless as a coach you just turn everything into an "open gym" scenario, the kids are being worked too hard and disciplined too much. This whole thing smells bad... sort of like Fairview. You know there are a lot of similarities in the two communities.