Catholic football

Irish423

Everyone hates Catholic it seems, so now they get to play the big boys. Do they stand a chance? They return all skill players besides Branum (wr) and Howanitz and lose Hood and Coulter on the line. BUT they come back with 3 returning sophomores on the line plus Zak Tait (pre-season espn 150 prospect.) So predictions?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WILL CLEARLY SAY THAT I HATE CATHOLIC, AND I DNT CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, BUT THEY DO HAVE TALENT ENOUGH TO MAKE A GOOD RUN NEXT YEAR, I DONT SEE THEN GOIN UNBEATEN AGAIN, BUT IV BEEN WRONG BEFORE. I DNT CARE WHAT ESPN SAY ZAK TAIT IS NO 150 PROSPECT, A GOOD LINEMAN YES! A PROSPECT LIKE THAT, NOT NO, BUT HECK NO! I DO KNOW THAT YOU RETURN COZART, A GOOD RB, BUT HE WILL DEF, HAVE TO HANDEL THE LOAD THIS YEAR. SO IRISH FANS HOPE HE DNT GET INJURED LIKE HE HAS IN THIS PAST, WITH THE NAGGING INJURIES, OTHER THAN THAT, YOU GUYS BASICALLY REPLACE ALL YOUR SKILL PLAYERS ON THE OFFENCE SIDE OF THE BALL, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL, IM NOT REAL SURE, SO I WONT COMMENT ON IT JUST YET, I DO THINK THAT CATHOLIC WILL WIN SOME GAMES THIS YR, BUT I SEE THEM LOSING 1-3 GAMES, BUT LIKE I SAID IV BEEN WRONG BEFORE, BUT I DO LIKE THE NOT SO CALLED RECRUITING AD THATS ON THERE FB WEB SITE "HELP WANTED" THE ONLY THING THAT I REALLY HAVE AGAINST YOU GUYS IS THAT YOU ALL ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE ALL THESE PLAYERS, THAT D1 TALLENT, AND ONLY THE DANG KICKER HAS SIGNED SO FAR, QUIT PUTTING PLAYERS LIKE VANN,COULTER,HOOD, AND WHO EVER ELSE YOU HAVE OVER THERE OUT THERE WHEN THERE NOT THAT GREAT. THEY ARE GOOD PLAYERS, BUT LIKE I SAID HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE SIGNED YET. BRANUM IS THE ONLY TRUE D1 PROSPECT OVER THERE IN MY OPINION, BUT GOOD LUCK THIS YR, AND HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL!

Catholic will do what they do. Control the clock, and play good defense. Big jump to a 6A schedule from the old 3A. Bigger than from D-II to 3A at the last turn. On the other hand playing in 2-3A was probably the best region to prepare for it. I doubt they go unbeaten as well. I'll bet both Branum & Hood still sign D1. Branum can play. He shut down the Malone kid from Mitchell. Hood will sign when all the dust settles somewhere. Just too talented not to. Catholic always has someone step into the wing-back slots. Years ago they had the Sherridans, then McFadden, Harrison Smith, and I did not know they had a kid named Howanitz on the roster until this past year. Those rankings mean squat. Top 150 or 1500, you play on Sat. That being said, Tait will play on Sat. 1st time I saw him, he was a Soph playing at Fulton. There to see the Falcons and Rogan, Hammilton, Freeney, Cobb, etc, stomp a hole in H. Smith. Smith gets loose, and I ask, the guy sitting next to me "who is the big kid downfield ahead of him?" he said "Tait, and you should watch him on defense." He wore Higgins, and Gatewood out. I know this much Coatney hated preparing for him. Guess we'll see though.

Catholic will do what they do. Control the clock, and play good defense. Big jump to a 6A schedule from the old 3A. Bigger than from D-II to 3A at the last turn. On the other hand playing in 2-3A was probably the best region to prepare for it. I doubt they go unbeaten as well. I'll bet both Branum & Hood still sign D1. Branum can play. He shut down the Malone kid from Mitchell. Hood will sign when all the dust settles somewhere. Just too talented not to. Catholic always has someone step into the wing-back slots. Years ago they had the Sherridans, then McFadden, Harrison Smith, and I did not know they had a kid named Howanitz on the roster until this past year. Those rankings mean squat. Top 150 or 1500, you play on Sat. That being said, Tait will play on Sat. 1st time I saw him, he was a Soph playing at Fulton. There to see the Falcons and Rogan, Hammilton, Freeney, Cobb, etc, stomp a hole in H. Smith. Smith gets loose, and I ask, the guy sitting next to me "who is the big kid downfield ahead of him?" he said "Tait, and you should watch him on defense." He wore Higgins, and Gatewood out. I know this much Coatney hated preparing for him. Guess we'll see though.

I'm not saying that Catholic will go undefeated or anything, or that we have alot of D-1 players or anything, but I personally believe that we could be even better than last year. We have a lot of returning sophomores and juniors. Zak Tait is a good player like ruse? said. Tough to play against on either side of the ball. There is this kid named Cody Shirley who will step up at wing back if i had to take a guess. Very talented kid. (I'm not saying he is D-1 by the way) He has the ability to break some big runs but is a definite power back. He just doesn't stop driving his legs. I'm looking for Shirley and Cozart to have to carry the team at the Wing-back slots. i look for Tyler Williamson and Spencer Mackle to connect some this year, even in a nearly all-run offense. But they will play tough in a lot of games. We'll see.

Everyone hates Catholic it seems, so now they get to play the big boys. Do they stand a chance? They return all skill players besides Branum (wr) and Howanitz and lose Hood and Coulter on the line. BUT they come back with 3 returning sophomores on the line plus Zak Tait (pre-season espn 150 prospect.) So predictions?

Irish423...You knew this subject was right up my alley (the Catholic hater part)!

Everyone is so concerned about all your D1 prospects signing...

Branum will sign. Good player. Good kid. Hood brings a lot of serious baggage to any college program. Talent and size are good, serious baggage is not. Howanitz and Coulter...D1??? Maybe not...but nothing wrong with that. A college education is a college education.

Now, about playing with the big boys...

Zak Tait...Unproven. The kid may have been a beast pre-injury. However, one must assume, that even though he may have conquered the physical rehab, he is yet unproven mentally. It takes a lot of mental preparation to recover from an injury such as his. We will see in the heat of the battle. His first game back will be pivotable. I, too, saw him a few weeks ago, he was not in the best physical shape. A lot of work to do in the off season. We do wish him well.

The three sophmore linemen are just that, three sophmore linemen. It doesn't matter if a lineman is a senior or a sophmore, if they don't get called for holding, they don't get called for holding.

Catholic will be competitive, if only by virtue of their coaching staff. Go undefeated...No.

ruse? is correct. Catholic does what Catholic does. Let's just hope it gets called this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Irish423...You knew this subject was right up my alley (the Catholic hater part)!

Branum will sign. Good player. Good kid. Hood brings a lot of serious baggage to any college program. Talent and size are good, serious baggage is not. Howanitz and Coulter...D1??? Maybe not...but nothing wrong with that. A college education is a college education.

Zak Tait...Unproven. The kid may have been a beast pre-injury. However, one must assume, that even though he may have conquered the physical rehab, he is yet unproven mentally. It takes a lot of mental preparation to recover from an injury such as his. We will see in the heat of the battle. His first game back will be pivotable. I, too, saw him a few weeks ago, he was not in the best physical shape. A lot of work to do in the off season. We do wish him well.

The three sophmore linemen are just that, three sophmore linemen. It doesn't matter if a lineman is a senior or a sophmore, if they don't get called for holding, they don't get called for holding.

Catholic will be competitive, if only by virtue of their coaching staff. Go undefeated...No.

ruse? is correct. Catholic does what Catholic does. Let's just hope it gets called this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

haha i was waiting for you and playoffsarecool and some of the others.

I won't type for long, because when I do, my arm gets tired: after all, I have a big stinkin' state ring on my finger! However, I do wish to respond to those who doubt the KC system...Catholic football is winning football, and they will be successful this season. Nobody thought we would do anything in 2008 after losing so many valuable seniors the year before; but we stepped up to the plate and came out on top every Friday night (and one Saturday in December!).

In addition, Catholic football is not pretty football, nor is it flashy football. Coach Pemberton produces great teams of players, not great individual players--hence, few "D-1" prospects have signed in recent years (and keeping in mind that this year's signing period isn't over).

My prepiction for 2009: another November run at a State Championship.

My advice to KC players: "Always remember we're 15 and 0! (Whistle with me!)"

I won't type for long, because when I do, my arm gets tired: after all, I have a big stinkin' state ring on my finger! However, I do wish to respond to those who doubt the KC system...Catholic football is winning football, and they will be successful this season. Nobody thought we would do anything in 2008 after losing so many valuable seniors the year before; but we stepped up to the plate and came out on top every Friday night (and one Saturday in December!).

In addition, Catholic football is not pretty football, nor is it flashy football. Coach Pemberton produces great teams of players, not great individual players--hence, few "D-1" prospects have signed in recent years (and keeping in mind that this year's signing period isn't over).

My prepiction for 2009: another November run at a State Championship.

My advice to KC players: "Always remember we're 15 and 0! (Whistle with me!)"

I will say, that even though another run at state is possible for the Irish, there is some very tough competition in our division. Sullivan South-one team i have had the pleasure of seeing is very mean- they went deep this year so i expect them to be up there again. Also some of those big west tennessee schools are very athletic and they will have to watch out for them as well. Very exciting to be playing a lot of these teams. Like eastoakland said, Catholic football is not flashy-thats what keeps them in games. Drain the clock, wear the defenses out, then go out and knock the other team around a little bit and then get the ball back and kill it. If you want to defend against catholic, your team better be disciplined or they can turn games around quick. Exciting to see what kind of challenges the Irish face next year. Now someone say something about recruiting so we can get this thing stirred up!!!!!!! haha

I WILL CLEARLY SAY THAT I HATE CATHOLIC, AND I DNT CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, BUT THEY DO HAVE TALENT ENOUGH TO MAKE A GOOD RUN NEXT YEAR, I DONT SEE THEN GOIN UNBEATEN AGAIN, BUT IV BEEN WRONG BEFORE. I DNT CARE WHAT ESPN SAY ZAK TAIT IS NO 150 PROSPECT, A GOOD LINEMAN YES! A PROSPECT LIKE THAT, NOT NO, BUT HECK NO! I DO KNOW THAT YOU RETURN COZART, A GOOD RB, BUT HE WILL DEF, HAVE TO HANDEL THE LOAD THIS YEAR. SO IRISH FANS HOPE HE DNT GET INJURED LIKE HE HAS IN THIS PAST, WITH THE NAGGING INJURIES, OTHER THAN THAT, YOU GUYS BASICALLY REPLACE ALL YOUR SKILL PLAYERS ON THE OFFENCE SIDE OF THE BALL, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL, IM NOT REAL SURE, SO I WONT COMMENT ON IT JUST YET, I DO THINK THAT CATHOLIC WILL WIN SOME GAMES THIS YR, BUT I SEE THEM LOSING 1-3 GAMES, BUT LIKE I SAID IV BEEN WRONG BEFORE, BUT I DO LIKE THE NOT SO CALLED RECRUITING AD THATS ON THERE FB WEB SITE "HELP WANTED" THE ONLY THING THAT I REALLY HAVE AGAINST YOU GUYS IS THAT YOU ALL ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE ALL THESE PLAYERS, THAT D1 TALLENT, AND ONLY THE DANG KICKER HAS SIGNED SO FAR, QUIT PUTTING PLAYERS LIKE VANN,COULTER,HOOD, AND WHO EVER ELSE YOU HAVE OVER THERE OUT THERE WHEN THERE NOT THAT GREAT. THEY ARE GOOD PLAYERS, BUT LIKE I SAID HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE SIGNED YET. BRANUM IS THE ONLY TRUE D1 PROSPECT OVER THERE IN MY OPINION, BUT GOOD LUCK THIS YR, AND HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL!

The help wanted was for games. They need 2 games for their schedule. Since you hate them so much have the school you pull for play them. Maybe you guys can beat them.

Please explain to me how Zak Tait isn't a proven athlete. I want to here this. And if he isn't proven you will find out before long. On a serious note it WILL take a double team or more to stop the kid. He has developed a lot over his time off much stronger and quicker. Once he gets his speed right... LOOK OUT! But you can blame it on recruiting again when the Irish keep rollin thats all of the haters only excuse is RECRUITING... but it's still not proven yet it's getting old please find another excuse or something.

About Zak-he has not stopped working on his game since I've known him. It's an every day thing. I don't know how you think he's not in the best physical shape. You can't tell that just by looking at him. A lineman is gonna be big. He's never gonna have a six pack, but he'll always have that 350 pound bench press to make up for it (or whatever it is, i don't know)

Howanitz and Branum will sign hopefully. Coulter could sign. He has offers from D1 schools. Why he hasn't signed i don't know. But leave it at that. Hood will probably gray shirt at Ole Miss. I say probably because i don't know for sure. But he'll probably sign there. Baggage or no baggage.

You're never gonna drop the holding thing are you? It's been almost three months now. You should definitely stop making excuses.

HEY CHOKEONALOAF,DO WHAT YOUR NAME SAYS AND GO CHOKE ON SOMETHING, AND STOP TALKING ALL YOUR BS ON HERE THAT YOU DO, ZAK TAIT IS A GOOD PLAYER, NO ONE EVER SAID THAT HE WASNT, BUT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU, WHEN YOU EXPERIANCE A INJURY LIKE HE DID, AND YOU HAVE HAD TO SIT OUT WHOLE YEAR LIKE HE DID. I PROMISE YOU, PHYSICALLY HE MAYBE READY TO TAKE ON THE COMPETION THAT HES ABOUT TO FACE, BUT I'LL BET YOU ONE THING, SOME WERE IN HIS MIND, IT RUNS THROUGH HIS HEAD, WHAT IF WE PLAY SOME ONE WHO JUST REALLY DONT LIKE ME, OR THEY REALLY CANT STAND CATHOLIC, AND THEY TAKE A CHEAP A SHOT ME. MENTALLY IT WILL TAKE HIM 2-3 FULL GAMES TO GET BACK MENTALLY, I HOPE NOTHING HAPPENS TO HIM, HE HAS GREAT SUCCESS, BUT THEN AGAIN WHEN YOU PLAY THE POSITION THAT HE DOES HE COULD BE YOUR GUYS ZACK VANN THIS YEAR.IF IM NOT MISTAKEN YOUR THE ONE THAT SAID YOU HAD 10 D1 PLAYERS BACK LAST YEAR, AND ONLY THE DANG KICKER HAS SIGNED. HOWANITZ AND BRANUM WILL SIGN HOPEFULLY, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR A LIL UNSURE OF HOW GOOD THEY REALLY ARE, JUST BEFORE SIGNING DAY WHEN PREPEXTRA ANNOUNCED THERE LIL AWARDS, THEY SAID THAT HOWANITZ WAS A NAVY RECRUIT, AND HE HAS NOT SIGNEDYET, SO WHATS UP? COULTER WILL NOT SIGN WITH A BIG D1, OR MAYBE A SMALL D1 SCHOOL AS THAT GOES, BRANUM IS TRUELY THE ONLY D1 PLAYER THAT YOU HAVE OVER THERE, HE'S A GOOD PLAYER. NOW AS FAR AS DANIEL HOOD GOES, I WILL SAY IT RIGHT NOW, I COULD BE WRONG, AND IF I AM, IM NOT AFRAID TO SAY I WAS WRONG, BUT HE WILL NOT SIGN ANY WERE! BECAUSE NO COACH IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GOING TO PUT UP WITH SOME KID THAT HAS THE BAGGAGE THAT HE DOES! YOU KNOW, IM STARTING TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR LIL RECRUITING 101 SITE IS LYING TO YOU, I BELIEVE THAT SITE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU,THATS THE SCHOOLS THERE TRYING TO GET INTO! IM SORRY, I SHOULD'VE SAID THAT HOOD WILL SIGN AFTER HE MAKES THE NEW LONGEST YARD MOVIE, WHEN HE IS PLAYING FOR THE TENNESSEE STATE PENITENTIARY!

Chokeonaloaf never said we had 10 d-1 prospects back last year. Ever. We don't have 10 D-1 prospects, never did. I, personally knowing chokeonaloaf know for a fact that he would not be one to say that. Daniel Hood will sign. How does he have as many offers as he does? please explain to me why he gets recruiting letters at school everyday? Branum can sign D-1, I absolutely agree. As far as Zak Tait, he is physically ready like you said, and i do agree that it will take some time for him to fully recover mentally, no doubt. He will be a great player this year and a huge help for catholic. Why you are so defensive about everything you have said, I may never know. It will always be "the mystery" to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite what Irish fans think, Catholic is no real champions. They had their parents, boosters, fans, and coaches stir up a bunch of mess about those players getting into trouble at Austin East (round 3). I heard this from parents in the organization. In other words, they beat Austin East's JV/Freshman team in the playoffs thanks to their daddy(knox co. superintendent) putting those AE boys "in their place". Knox Catholic is the laughing stock of high school football. Ask any real champions who've actually earned it. You guys are so spoiled that you actually think that by undercutting Austin-East in the 3rd round, you did something to earn those rings? Please. I live in Johnson City and have heard people from inside Catholic boast about calling news reporters and people 'high up' in central office to get something done about getting the AE kids suspended from the game. Doesn't the vice superintendent's son play QB for catholic? That is shameful. In fact, I'm embarrassed for you. Good job fighting Irish supporters!! Keep the milk right on a comin' for the boys to drink. You want be able to pull that crap this year. Eventhough I'm sure you all will try if you get the chance.