Catholic football

Irish423

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody Shirley out for the first game against Rhea County with MCL strain and cartilage damage. And how have the scrimmages gone. Can someone tell me about them?

Fwiw, RheaCo, the master of the Rhea County thread said that he went to both Catholic scrimmages. Said Catholic had 4 or 5 athletes. Not much more. Definitely beatable. His words. Recent post..

Fwiw, RheaCo, the master of the Rhea County thread said that he went to both Catholic scrimmages. Said Catholic had 4 or 5 athletes. Not much more. Definitely beatable. His words. Recent post..

I admit to it, I said something like that but not exactly like that. Now I don't consider the master of Rhea County thread. Catholic is not as good as last year's team, that is all I'm saying. Also with the district that Catholic is in the chances of going undefeated are not to good. I have seen some good teams like Ooltewah, Farragut, and Red Bank, and they just looked better in their scrimmages.

My understanding is that one of the ways for Catholic to make the play-offs (and probably the most likely) would be to have the best region record among the 5A teams (upper half of 3 5A teams would be floor(3 / 2) = 1), which would require them to have better region records than West and Lenoir City. The other way would be to one of the top two teams in the region (counting both 5A and 6A teams). If neither of these situations occur, the only way for Catholic to make the play-offs would be as a wild card, which would be difficult since that's determined by overall victories. Is this correct?