Venue still an issue

texas23

(I assume their wrestling program) makes at least $5,000 to host the tournament ($50,000 plus over the last 10 years). Their boosters work hard for that money which we all appreciate, but it's a privilege that shouldn't exist while the rest of us are having bake sales and washing cars every weekend for months.

If my 2nd favorite team mommies would do the car wash, I'd would bet that $5,ooo would be made by noon.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great to see MTSU change from club team to DIV 1 which would give more wrestlers in Tenn the chance to wrestle in college and recieve scholarships.

You and me both, unfortunately due to Title 9 that will never happen. BUT to say we finished 11th in the nation in a division where our top five compete against d2 and d3 and naia schools and consistently beat them is pretty good. We have a good recruiting class lined up for next year too. Now we just gotta get them in here.

You and me both, unfortunately due to Title 9 that will never happen. BUT to say we finished 11th in the nation in a division where our top five compete against d2 and d3 and naia schools and consistently beat them is pretty good. We have a good recruiting class lined up for next year too. Now we just gotta get them in here.

Maybe the real wrestling god, Allen Jones, will take a liking to MTSU and underwrite its program. Unfortunately, even finding a source for underwriting doesn't completely get you clear of Title 9. In 1970, there were 9 universities and colleges with wrestling programs in Tennessee. Title 9 helped destroy most of those and 455 others. Surely, there would be enough financial support in the Nashville area to fund a DII program at MTSU.

Maybe the real wrestling god, Allen Jones, will take a liking to MTSU and underwrite its program. Unfortunately, even finding a source for underwriting doesn't completely get you clear of Title 9. In 1970, there were 9 universities and colleges with wrestling programs in Tennessee. Title 9 helped destroy most of those and 455 others. Surely, there would be enough financial support in the Nashville area to fund a DII program at MTSU.

All of the money at MTSU goes to our football and basketball programs. If I'm correct than Title 9 says that you have to offer the same amount of scholarships to men as women. All of male scholarships go to football and basketball since they are both division 1.

I think you need to take a little closer dive into why CHS has its on wrestlig building. Your comment of money on that side of the town has nothing to do with it. The parents of that booster club put a lot of time and devotion into there kids sport. Yes, they funded and they built that building not the school system. It was a group of parents that set out to make their team competitive and provide something for a group of kids and a coach that was dedicated to making that team one of the best in the state. I was a member of that team. I will forever be thankful to the time and effort my parents and the parents of my teammates put into not only fundraising but also the labor in the construction of it too. That tradition of the parents be exceptional boosters still is going on today and as long as Coach Jordan, Coach Cobb and Coach Manning have anything to do with it they always will. They are great motivators and are dedicated to the sport. They have not close it off to just those in the CHS zone either. They have consistently went to the board and to other schools to try and get middle school and youth programs started. The others don't want to put forth the effort CHS has and it shows year in and year out. If you ask around the state, that is what makes the top tier programs consistently competive. Yes it takes money to do that but the money comes when the work is placed into action to prove that it is deserved. Just look at the many posts of the feeder programs in the Chattanooga/Cleveland area and in Williamson and Rutherford county. That's why these teams are consistently in the top 10 to 15 programs. You can give all the money you want to it won't matter unless you dedicate yourself to the prize. It is mentioned on here many times that the Bradley and Cleveland programs have great boosters but I guarantee you if you walk into the wrestling room and get to know some of the people from the programs, you'll find that with or without that money they would still be the top knotch programs they are and the same would be true of Clarksville.

Also you obivously don't pay too much attention to detail because it has also been posted on here many times that APSU has not been cooperative with either the TSSAA or the organizers ot the tournament in bids to get use of their facilities.

Pretty hard to pay attention after that explanation. I have no clue on what the organizers have tried to do maybe you can point them out to me. Does Clarksville (CHS) even have a club team, the only two teams that I am aware of are the Iron Knights (great turnout this year, Coach doing a great job promoting wrestling in the Clarksville area) and the Rossview Hawks club team. When does the CHS club team practice?

Why would I be crazy? I do not believe that Indy was on the wrong side of the bracket or the second place team. I have no delusions on what the results are. Some of your supports may have, but not me.

The best teams are not in Chatt, they are in Cleveland.

Tex the rest of the state looks at Chattanooga and Cleveland as the same area. Just like many look at Knoxville and Maryville being the same area. If you live in those regions you know the diff. I've seen you correct a few folks on the diff but the best teams on the State are all within a 30 mi redius so give them a some slack. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Between SD, OHS, BC, Cleveland, Hixon, ND, Baylor and McCallie it get's confusing for those folks not from the Mtns, valleys and hills of the Chattanooga Area.

It's my fav city in TN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />