The two best teams in TN Div I regardless of outcome of State Duals?

digi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two brothers at Independence, Ben Little, sr. and Caleb Little, fr. And I would like to just say digi and Jumbo DO NOT speak for the parents or fans or anybody from Independence for that matter. It was an unfortunate tournament that we didn't wrestle our best in. Hindsight is 20/20 and I know we'd all like to go back and do some things differently but we can't. So instead we'll say congratulations to the top four and move on and look forward to state duals next year. So we'll see you guys next week.

Thank You and Sorry

Thadd Little

I have two brothers at Independence, Ben Little, sr. and Caleb Little, fr. And I would like to just say digi and Jumbo DO NOT speak for the parents or fans or anybody from Independence for that matter. It was an unfortunate tournament that we didn't wrestle our best in. Hindsight is 20/20 and I know we'd all like to go back and do some things differently but we can't. So instead we'll say congratulations to the top four and move on and look forward to state duals next year. So we'll see you guys next week.

Thank You and Sorry

Thadd Little

Great Post Thad! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You have had a great season and the Regionals and Individual States can enhance an already memorable season for Indepence HS.

Nooney

David Hollowell

Ok it's really irritating me to the point where I have to reply now. I've been to watch the State Duals for the past two years now and there is asolutely no way Indy would match up with Cleveland, speaking Cleveland spanked them last year going for 3rd. I mean let's go ahead and run it down the lineup:

103- Alvarado pins Adams C 6 - I 0

112- Strickland dec. Overton C 9 - I 0

119- Lopez pins Bratt C 15 - I 0

125- Beazley dec. Oakes C 15 - I 3

130- Cox dec. Cleveland C 15 - I 6

135- Heithcock dec. Hampton C 15 - I 9

140- Jones dec. Seneca C 18 - I 9

145- Nichols dec. Cox C 21 - I 9

152- Sinsheimer m.d. Moreland C 21 - I 13

160- Garcia dec. Dixon C 24 - I 13

171- King dec. Jones C 24 - I 16

189- Norwood dec. Tambellini C 27 - I 16

215- Ofori dec. Berry C 30 - I 16

285- Peters dec. Burge C 33 - I 16

So in my opinion and this is very accurate and I believe this is actually giving Indy a few bonus points.

Ok it's really irritating me to the point where I have to reply now. I've been to watch the State Duals for the past two years now and there is asolutely no way Indy would match up with Cleveland, speaking Cleveland spanked them last year going for 3rd. I mean let's go ahead and run it down the lineup:

So in my opinion and this is very accurate and I believe this is actually giving Indy a few bonus points.

you have 3 toss ups with 145,160,189 and wrong with 140. all close matches

thats a swing of 12 points possibly a C-21 TO I-28.

its all opinion on here. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I have sat back this entire week and just took all this in. I want to personally say to everyone that certain individual are not drawing an accurate picture of my team. We are not pointing fingers at anyone except ourselves, we didn't place and we were ultimately in control of that! My kids were heart broken after our lose to Bradley. I had all 14 kids believing that we were going to beat Bradley and it didn't happen. That was huge getting all 14 kids believing we could win and I knew going in that if we lost it would be a disaster. It was either get them mentally ready and believing they could beat Bradley or tell well guys we have a shot but..... I choose to tell them we were going to do and that it could be done. We have 6 senior starters on this team and we all knew this was our best shot at a state title with such a talented group! Although we plan to compete for a state title every year we knew this was a great opportunity this season. My kids were not ready to handle a loss to Bradley, we put everything, emotionally and physically into that match and when we lost the match it was next to impossible to bring it back to get third. Although we tried our best it wasn't simply good enough. It happens, we will bounce back and our team will be stronger in the future because of this particular trip to clarksville. As a team we have learned numerous lessons that will impact us for the rest of our lives. There are no what ifs in this situation, we didn't place so we have to move on. Some of our fans/wrestlers or whomever has been writing these posts need to remove themselves from this situaiton and get past it. I take full responsibility for not placing as a team so if any indy supporters want to trash someone or something, direct it this way! All of the teams mentioned in these posts are quality team and so is Independence, let just leave it at that. There is always next year, and the year after and the year after that!

I have sat back this entire week and just took all this in. I want to personally say to everyone that certain individual are not drawing an accurate picture of my team. We are not pointing figures at anyone except ourselves, we didn't place and we were ultimately in control of that! My kids were heart broken after our lose to Bradley. I had all 14 kids believing that we were going to beat Bradley and it didn't happen. That was huge getting all 14 kids believing we could win and I knew going in that if we lost it would be a disaster. It was either get them mentally ready and believing they could beat Bradley or tell well guys we have a shot but..... I choose to tell them we were going to do and that it could be done. We have 6 senior starters on this team and we all knew this was our best shot at a state title with such a talented group! Although we plan to compete for a state title every year we knew this was a great opportunity this season. My kids were not ready to handle a loss to Bradley, we put everything, emotionally and physically into that match and when we lost the match it was next to impossible to bring it back to get third. Although we tried our best it wasn't simply good enough. It happens, we will bounce back and our team will be stronger in the future because of this particular trip to clarksville. As a team we have learned numerous lessons that will impact us for the rest of our lives. There are no what ifs in this situation, we didn't place so we have to move on. Some of our fans/wrestlers or whomever has been writing these posts need to remove themselves from this situaiton and get past it. I take full responsibility for not placing as a team so if any indy supporters want to trash someone or something, direct it this way! All of the teams mentioned in these posts are quality team and so is Independence, let just leave it at that. There is always next year, and the year after and the year after that!

GOOD POST Grinder,

leave it on the mat right?

I know Blackman made no excuses as talented as they were this year, they just didnt show up and preform and next year they will be back fighting too.

I know from talking their wrestlers that they were pulling for you guys so good job coach and better luck next year!!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I have sat back this entire week and just took all this in. I want to personally say to everyone that certain individual are not drawing an accurate picture of my team. We are not pointing fingers at anyone except ourselves, we didn't place and we were ultimately in control of that! My kids were heart broken after our lose to Bradley. I had all 14 kids believing that we were going to beat Bradley and it didn't happen. That was huge getting all 14 kids believing we could win and I knew going in that if we lost it would be a disaster. It was either get them mentally ready and believing they could beat Bradley or tell well guys we have a shot but..... I choose to tell them we were going to do and that it could be done. We have 6 senior starters on this team and we all knew this was our best shot at a state title with such a talented group! Although we plan to compete for a state title every year we knew this was a great opportunity this season. My kids were not ready to handle a loss to Bradley, we put everything, emotionally and physically into that match and when we lost the match it was next to impossible to bring it back to get third. Although we tried our best it wasn't simply good enough. It happens, we will bounce back and our team will be stronger in the future because of this particular trip to clarksville. As a team we have learned numerous lessons that will impact us for the rest of our lives. There are no what ifs in this situation, we didn't place so we have to move on. Some of our fans/wrestlers or whomever has been writing these posts need to remove themselves from this situaiton and get past it. I take full responsibility for not placing as a team so if any indy supporters want to trash someone or something, direct it this way! All of the teams mentioned in these posts are quality team and so is Independence, let just leave it at that. There is always next year, and the year after and the year after that!

Good post Coach, and I look forward to regionals tonight....also on a personal note, im glad to hear your losing 6 seniors

I think this looks a little bit better.

103-Alvarado pins Adams 6-0 Cle

112-Strickland dec Overton 9-0 Cle

119-Lopez md Bratt 13-0 Cle

125-Beazley md Oakes 13-4 Cle

130-Cox dec Cleveland 13-7 Cle

135-Heithcock dec Hampton 13-10 Cle

140- Seneca md Jones 13-14 Indy

145- Cox dec Nichols 13-17 Indy

152- Sinsheimer md Moreland 13- 21 Indy

160- Dixon dec Garcia 13-24 Indy

171- King dec Jones 13-27 Indy

189- Norwood md Tambellini 17-27 Indy

215- Berry dec Ofori- 17-30 Indy

Hwt. Peters dec Burge- 20-30 Indy

This is from a nuetral party, not a fan of either. But this looks more accurate and I'm ready for this post to end.

I think this looks a little bit better.

103-Alvarado pins Adams 6-0 Cle

112-Strickland dec Overton 9-0 Cle

119-Lopez md Bratt 13-0 Cle

125-Beazley md Oakes 13-4 Cle

130-Cox dec Cleveland 13-7 Cle

135-Heithcock dec Hampton 13-10 Cle

140- Seneca md Jones 13-14 Indy

145- Cox dec Nichols 13-17 Indy

152- Sinsheimer md Moreland 13- 21 Indy

160- Dixon dec Garcia 13-24 Indy

171- King dec Jones 13-27 Indy

189- Norwood md Tambellini 17-27 Indy

215- Berry dec Ofori- 17-30 Indy

Hwt. Peters dec Burge- 20-30 Indy

This is from a nuetral party, not a fan of either. But this looks more accurate and I'm ready for this post to end.

Orori or Berry-definately.............. still 23-27 Indy..............this match should have happened /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />