Upperman @ Livingston Academy - 2/13/09

one2watch

We are all getting way out in left field as the topic is the boys game..but I will say this if Upperman boys or girls win the gold and not playing LA, I will be rooting you on. Makes us and the district look strong. Same for M.B. I was happy last year for her.

GO HOG-EYE!

Thank you someone finally mature enough to congratulate instead of down someone, really respect that! And same here if LA boys make it to state i will be there cheering them on because like Big Daddy said^ it makes our district look strong. Good luck to all

GO BEES!:)

Thank you someone finally mature enough to congratulate instead of down someone, really respect that! And same here if LA boys make it to state i will be there cheering them on because like Big Daddy said^ it makes our district look strong. Good luck to all

GO BEES!:)

And as for Davis, im sure she would appreciate you saying that too

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My team," would be in Boston. So I am pretty sure they can take care of UHS. But with you being on there, who knows. You wanna talk basketball, or live with Michael Jackson in Neverland?

we'll just have to wait and see where the wildcat baseball team will be come district tournament in may. probably watching it since they cant seem to make it in it.

you know i go to the game expecting a great game, and i got way more than my moneys worth last night. i guess when you get caught up in a game that much, it's not the best of ideas to jump on here as soon as you can, or you might say something you regret. there were things i said earlier that i would take back if i could but can't now. however, as far as the refs go i would hate to have known i had to officiate that game last night. it was an amazing crowd with an amazing atmosphere. i don't remember who said it but i disagree with the remark of "why did baxter go to the floor with a monster". the reason i disagree with that statement was because dustin was on the floor and about to get rid of the ball when ramsey came in and hit head to head with him. not blaming refs or making excuses, but i did think that play warrented a foul. might be wrong but looked bad from my seat. as for king stating that #10 (whose name by the way is ethan christian) isn't a speedster just a shooter??? if he can't move then why didn't LA just put a guy on him? i mean after six threes isn't it time to guard him if he is just a shooter, or should you go ahead and let him hit eight. also don't say that the south paw never plays like that, cause the kid can play. he had 18 at halftime in the last game between LA and Upperman. Carrin struggled last night i agree. i've always wondered why he doesn't seperate from ramsey when he gets the ball and just go around him. just an observation. i see the hate that some fans have for one another between these schools, but imagine the support these two teams could have if this district actually cheered for one another. what an amazing student section that would be!!! just an idea (i know it won't ever happen). also gotta give props to west last night. to me he saved livingston last night, with some great shooting. if someone knows maybe they can help: when the teams went in at half it was 38-37 UHS. but when the 3rd quarter started it was 38-38. i never heard why, just curious if anyone knows. thanks!!

man i wish i were as cool as you and just wanted to get on here and argue and call people classy for calling people names yet you call me idiot..wow CLASSY AND MATURE..

and i wish i knew as much about basketball as you wow typical LA fan..know-it-all..

but we will see the outcome but im sure the girls game can easily be predicted..UPPERMAN!

and btw i was referring to the girls thread not the boys.. but i have better things to do than argue with you. you should try having a life also.

GO BEES!

Victory is sweet...talk about ME not having a life, look at your post total on this thread vs. mine...? Yeah you should start using your head before you talk. Unworthy opponent.

Oh and expand your vocabulary. Webster's Dictionaries aren't expensive at all...anybody notice how many times the word "call" was used?

Sincerely,

Wildcat324

you know i go to the game expecting a great game, and i got way more than my moneys worth last night. i guess when you get caught up in a game that much, it's not the best of ideas to jump on here as soon as you can, or you might say something you regret. there were things i said earlier that i would take back if i could but can't now. however, as far as the refs go i would hate to have known i had to officiate that game last night. it was an amazing crowd with an amazing atmosphere. i don't remember who said it but i disagree with the remark of "why did baxter go to the floor with a monster". the reason i disagree with that statement was because dustin was on the floor and about to get rid of the ball when ramsey came in and hit head to head with him. not blaming refs or making excuses, but i did think that play warrented a foul. might be wrong but looked bad from my seat. as for king stating that #10 (whose name by the way is ethan christian) isn't a speedster just a shooter??? if he can't move then why didn't LA just put a guy on him? i mean after six threes isn't it time to guard him if he is just a shooter, or should you go ahead and let him hit eight. also don't say that the south paw never plays like that, cause the kid can play. he had 18 at halftime in the last game between LA and Upperman. Carrin struggled last night i agree. i've always wondered why he doesn't seperate from ramsey when he gets the ball and just go around him. just an observation. i see the hate that some fans have for one another between these schools, but imagine the support these two teams could have if this district actually cheered for one another. what an amazing student section that would be!!! just an idea (i know it won't ever happen). also gotta give props to west last night. to me he saved livingston last night, with some great shooting. if someone knows maybe they can help: when the teams went in at half it was 38-37 UHS. but when the 3rd quarter started it was 38-38. i never heard why, just curious if anyone knows. thanks!!

Well said bf23. We have all said things in the heat of the moment that we can't take back. We can say we're sorry but the fact remains the same. Hey I have been the biggest duck in the puddle. We as adults are not setting a good example for the kids. Look back at the last 5 or 6 pages and that says it all. It's a shame that it has come down to this over a game b/t 2 fine schools with 2 fine teams. It should be a so called war on the playing field, but we must shake hands and respect each other afterwards.

Both our schools are very lucky to have both the boys and girls teams to be ranked among the best in the state. I think that the tacky talk could go both ways. So lets show a little better SPORTSMANSHIP by everyone especially the fans.

The gold balls in our girl's trophy case speak for them.----Just how many gold balls do the Upperman girls possess? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

read back to what was said earlier..how many times has LA beat Upperman since Davis & Maynard were freshman and how many times has LA even been to state since then? And if im not mistaken there might be 1 old gold ball but i know for sure there are 2 silver in the case before you enter, check it out at region tournament..the past is behind us! And as for setting an example for kids, everyone should try a little harder

Well said bf23. We have all said things in the heat of the moment that we can't take back. We can say we're sorry but the fact remains the same. Hey I have been the biggest duck in the puddle. We as adults are not setting a good example for the kids. Look back at the last 5 or 6 pages and that says it all. It's a shame that it has come down to this over a game b/t 2 fine schools with 2 fine teams. It should be a so called war on the playing field, but we must shake hands and respect each other afterwards.

Both our schools are very lucky to have both the boys and girls teams to be ranked among the best in the state. I think that the tacky talk could go both ways. So lets show a little better SPORTSMANSHIP by everyone especially the fans.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH YOUR DISTRICT TEAMS ..ITS HIGHLY POSSIBLE FOR BOTH TO MAKE IT

Last night I saw two great basketball games. The officiating was horrible and it should have been called tighter from the start to prevent kids from getting hurt. This is and has been a great rivalry! Last night was the best atmosphere for basketball I've seen in a long time. LA's gym was rocking and it was nice to be across from the opponents rather than sitting amongst them. I've no doubt that Coach McWilliams was not aware that she had a ballplayer on the front row "flashing" (belly & sports bra) the Livingston side. She has more class than that and holds her players to a higher standard. After all the talk, I'm sure she can watch the game tape for herself and deal with the behavior accordingly. I love to see the student sections yelling back and forth, that's what a rivalry is. Should either team make it as far as state, there will be fans from both schools there cheering for the other. The Upper Cumberland regularly has some of the best ball in the state and we should appreciate what we take for granted. Enjoy upcoming the tournaments but remember that it's a game and it's being played between kids. All that being said, GO HOGEYE!