District 4A Tournament Predictions

bulldawgfan5

OZ and Oneida in the finals should be a good game we will have to play better ball Oneida is playing very well right now.

Coalfield and Wartburg in consi game. I like Wartburg in this one they are playing much better ball in their last 3 games what I hear Coalfield play has dropped off the last few weeks.

1. OZ

2. Onieda

3. Wartburg

4. Coalfield

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with catmommy.

OS will definitely beat Oneida. Everytime I have seen Oneida play, they have had a hard time bringing the ball down the floor. If that's still the case, then OS will stomp them.

Wartburg has been playing very hard. They made OS fight for their win tonight, but OS just dominated in the end. Wartburg had a lot of sloppy mistakes. Wartburg will probably beat Coalfield in the Consolation game. They are playing like they want it.

I'm a reporter with WVLT and I had the privilege of filming the OS-Wartburg game tonight. What an atmosphere! It was my first time inside the OS gym, and I was very impressed by the environment.

As a shameless plug, let me encourage you to watch WVLT -- Channel 8 (Channel 5 on Comcast cable) for highlights of the game.

We've also got brackets, scores and highlights on our website. Click on this article:

Girls' District Tourney Highlights

I have seen Coalfield a few times this year and when I watched the game against Clarkrange it was all on their Coach she just sat there did not coach at all and the partents was giving her down the road I think they might be having some trouble down there might be time for a coaching change. the better teams get better at the end of the season and I agree Coalfield is not. Should be a good game with OZ and Oneida the indians are playing much better now I think they might give OZ a good game.

Wartburg does play well in tourney time, but take into consideration that 2 of OS's starting post players were sick. One not being there at all and one there but still weak, so therefore OS had players playing iin spots they did not know. And if i remember correctly OS was 5 of 20 fg or something along those lines, they were not hitting layups and there was only one 3 made in the 1st quarter. So before everybody goes around saying "yay we played with OS" take into consideration all the factors playing against OS and they still pull out a win. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Supergeek,

We will see how things go from here on out I would imagine that Oneida will give you guys a game on Monday and you should take in to consideration that everytime someone pushes O.S. you get on here with all kinds of excuses. Looks to me that O.S. missed shots because they were being defended I didn't see many uncontested shots either way. Honestly I don't think that those Post players made much of a difference O.S. seems much better without one of them.

Also, look at the fact that Fountain is at about 70% and Armes isn't anywhere near 100% everyone can make excuses this time of year. Wartburg also had some kids that were sick!

Next year we will see what O.S. has to work with when they lose Kayla! Better lookout for teams like Coalfield, Oneida, and Wartburg or you guys may miss the region all together!

Playermom, post players mean a lot to any team. That's many rebounds and quite a few points for OS, especially from the Bilyeu girl. All we do is watch the game. We don't realize how much this messes with a team when one of their better scorers/rebounders doesn't even get to come to the game. As for next year, I wouldn't count OS out. People like you are going to overlook them like you are already doing, and they'll catch you off guard.

As for Monday night, I'll take OS by 12 in the championship game, and I'll take Wartburg in a barn burner by 3 in the consolation game.

Supergeek,

We will see how things go from here on out I would imagine that Oneida will give you guys a game on Monday and you should take in to consideration that everytime someone pushes O.S. you get on here with all kinds of excuses. Looks to me that O.S. missed shots because they were being defended I didn't see many uncontested shots either way. Honestly I don't think that those Post players made much of a difference O.S. seems much better without one of them.

Also, look at the fact that Fountain is at about 70% and Armes isn't anywhere near 100% everyone can make excuses this time of year. Wartburg also had some kids that were sick!

Next year we will see what O.S. has to work with when they lose Kayla! Better lookout for teams like Coalfield, Oneida, and Wartburg or you guys may miss the region all together!

Excuse me? Excuses..OS does NOT need excuses they are the ones that won the game. You just sat there and complained about OS making excuses when you did the exact same thing. And saying that post players in general do not make much of a difference, do you even watch high school basketball, 12-16 points come out of the post ALONE along with 10 rebounds, sometimes a game is lost due to post players not doing their job. Also, Wartburg's D is no comparsion to OS D, so saying that they're D was so good OS couldn't hit shots is ignorant. Did you watch the game at all?

As for next year, because your clearly overlooking all these next games, OS will be fine they may be losing 7 seniors but I know of 3 players that will work their hardest to not let they're team fall. Christopher is an AWESOME player but when she leaves it won't go down hill that much. Overlooking OS next year only makes them work harder..so keep at it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey, everyone......I wouldn't exactly say I'm back, but I have been listening in for most of the season. Was very proud of the Lady Indians getting the job done in the Bee Hive the other night. Now it won't get any easier with the Ladies of Oz! (nor their Grand Wizard Kayla C) However, to say they are unbeatable would be an understatement. They are playing a team with just as much history traditionally, especially in the play-offs. Odds are certainly in their favor though (home court, home crowd, home cooking /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) and if they don't get this win this year.....it certainly won't get easier in the future sans KC. Given all the variables going in....I think OS should win this game, but I would like to be very wrong with my guess! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Conselation Game: Hot team should win it, IMO. Wartburg is beginning to show some momentum at the right time, Coalfield.....not so much. It will be very close, and the Lady Bulldogs should have just enough bite! By 2.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kaz

I have seen Coalfield a few times this year and when I watched the game against Clarkrange it was all on their Coach she just sat there did not coach at all and the partents was giving her down the road I think they might be having some trouble down there might be time for a coaching change. the better teams get better at the end of the season and I agree Coalfield is not. Should be a good game with OZ and Oneida the indians are playing much better now I think they might give OZ a good game.

The coalfield coach is pregnant and before the CR game, she got very sick. She was so sick she almost passed out during the game and had to be rushed out afterward. I think the only reason she made herself stay on the bench was so that people wouldn't think she was quiting on her team. The coalfield players have to take some pride in their game and learn to play hard to win no matter who the opponent is. It seems all the remaining teams in this district give it all they have in these final games, but I haven't seen the intensity needed in coalfield since earlier in the season. They need to find that again.

What are everyones thoughts on last nights games. Sounded like my Lady Indians went down there and put a good scare on OS. Of course, Kayla rescued them like she has for her whole career. That is what great players do! I don't think I got a score of the other game, someone I asked thought Coalfield won? (Let me know) Maybe some of these teams will continue their fine play through the region and the fans will get to witness some great basketball being played. All in all, some fun basketball going on in 4-A, huh?!?!

Kazzy