GRACE VS. CSAS second game of century

gracefan423

This was supposed to be and has been a rebuilding year for CSAS. They lost seven seniors last year and have been working all year to get to a point where they could compete with Grace and Temple. That point has been reached. The last three games could have gone either way and were single digit losses. What happens next will be interesting to watch. NO PRESSURE on the "baby Patriots" as this is not supposed to be their year. Just go out there and work hard and have fun.

This CSAS, TEMPLE & GRACE info is interesting and all, but I can't wait till basketball is over so I don't have to read or hear about those "baby patriots" again! We get it, they are young.... or at least in a "young" class!!! They ought to be just awesome when they GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the game last night, I thought that both teams battled extremly hard last night for a game that didn't realy have much on the line except bragging rights. Herman and Church hit some big three early and another kid came off the bench who I hadn't noticed before came in and provided some cluch points. Congrats to Grace. They have alot of weapons and they are definately a state calibur team. I think that at this point in the season, Grace, Temple, & CSAS are all just a few breaks either way from going to the state. Good luck to all three in their district tourny games.

Wow! that was truly classless. Unless you know Taydizle is Coach Dragoo and can prove it (which I highly doubt) you need to keep quiet! There is no doubt that the rivalry between Grace, Temple, and CSAS is high but I don't think it has ever stooped this low. It has been great watching these three teams battle it out the last couple of years but its been fun because not only do these teams compete fiercly on the court, they always had a healthy respect for one another. What is your real identity dadoffour? since you seem to think its time for everyone to go by their real names. Are you Coach Marcum???

Alex, all I did was call one guy out, after he slandered my entire school. I probably shouldn't have exposed him like that, but maybe he'll learn.

I'm done with this though fellows. It's much more fun discussing sports.

Alex, all I did was call one guy out, after he slandered my entire school. I probably shouldn't have exposed him like that, but maybe he'll learn.

I'm done with this though fellows. It's much more fun discussing sports.

I don't think Taydizzle is Coach Dragoo. However, I don't think Taydizzle has said anything that was not public knowledge about the situation with Temple's violations occured. If it truly were Dragoo, I think he could spill a lot more beans about Temple than Taydizzle has. It takes the fun out of getting on here when people assume who people are.

Wow! that was truly classless. Unless you know Taydizle is Coach Dragoo and can prove it (which I highly doubt) you need to keep quiet! There is no doubt that the rivalry between Grace, Temple, and CSAS is high but I don't think it has ever stooped this low. It has been great watching these three teams battle it out the last couple of years but its been fun because not only do these teams compete fiercly on the court, they always had a healthy respect for one another. What is your real identity dadoffour? since you seem to think its time for everyone to go by their real names. Are you Coach Marcum???

Dad of 4 we all need to remember that both of these coaches are under paid by less than people working at McDees so lets give the coaches a break. When I first got on this web site I was the same way until I realize someone I disagreed with was a long time friend of mine. Marcum as grown up a great deal this year and we will see good things out of him,no matter if he at Temple or not and for Dragoo he as put his life to helping kids become great man, yes sometime some kids get by and some don't get the playing time they deserve but it a jugdement call, right or wrong he has to make that call. As far as Temple recuiting, they was never found to be doing this, it was a EIGHT GRADER which his dad wasn't a full time coach took 4 snap of the ball when he was behind on his school bill and that is when Temple was ahead by 20 or more at a kneel down at the end of the game. But again ever school recuits either threw parent or friends period. S.Pitts threw Jackson, Grace threw YMCA, Temple threw AAU,Red Bank AAU and this is not the coaches or staff just friend saying you need to come here and play with my son. And they are many more. You show me a school that don't do this and they do not have a sport program. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THERE RECUITING CLASS THIS YEAR.

Dad of 4 we all need to remember that both of these coaches are under paid by less than people working at McDees so lets give the coaches a break. When I first got on this web site I was the same way until I realize someone I disagreed with was a long time friend of mine. Marcum as grown up a great deal this year and we will see good things out of him,no matter if he at Temple or not and for Dragoo he as put his life to helping kids become great man, yes sometime some kids get by and some don't get the playing time they deserve but it a jugdement call, right or wrong he has to make that call. As far as Temple recuiting, they was never found to be doing this, it was a EIGHT GRADER which his dad wasn't a full time coach took 4 snap of the ball when he was behind on his school bill and that is when Temple was ahead by 20 or more at a kneel down at the end of the game. But again ever school recuits either threw parent or friends period. S.Pitts threw Jackson, Grace threw YMCA, Temple threw AAU,Red Bank AAU and this is not the coaches or staff just friend saying you need to come here and play with my son. And they are many more. You show me a school that don't do this and they do not have a sport program. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THERE RECUITING CLASS THIS YEAR.

Huh? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Had a hard time following you! Hope it's your lack of typing skills and not your schooling.

"But again ever school recuits either threw parent or friends period. S.Pitts threw Jackson, Grace threw YMCA, Temple threw AAU,Red Bank AAU and this is not the coaches or staff just friend saying you need to come here and play with my son. And they are many more. You show me a school that don't do this and they do not have a sport program. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THERE RECUITING CLASS THIS YEAR."

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Give us a break on the whole recruiting thing. Temple may very well have been guilty of recruiting but they were never charged with that crime. Whatever crimes they were charged with they have paid their dues and as far as I know, none of the people involved with the problem are at the school. Those of us who are left had nothing to do with it and, I for one, am getting weary of immature people who have run out of intelligent things to say continuing to throw out ignorant charges in the middle of an excellent discussion about basketball.

The rivalry between CSAS and Temple has been for a long time, very classy and respectful. It would be nice to keep it that way. I could not say the same thing about the Grace and Temple rivalry until this year. This is the first year in some time that the rivalry seemed at least cival. I am grateful for that.

There is some very exciting basketball ahead for our region. Does anyone have butterflies, yet?

Temple, CSAS and Grace all have their strengths and weaknesses but as so many have said previously it depends on two major factors. One who "comes to play" and very sadly the referees who PUNISH players who work their tails off to defend as much as to score. Case in point is the CSAS and Grace game where the refs fouled out Grace's Center. He was run into 3 times with his feet planted on the ground and his arms totally stretched overhead. The HOME crowd was shaking their heads and complaining about this regarding a RIVAL player having his game stolen from him. This demonstrates that good teams and fans want to beat eachother fair and square..my best team vrs yours and do not want the refs incompetence or bias to impact the game. So I am looking forward to the playoffs hoping that the teams "come to play" and the refs allow the players to compete fully otherwise we could do away with the game and the just go unto a 3 pt shooting contest.

This CSAS, TEMPLE & GRACE info is interesting and all, but I can't wait till basketball is over so I don't have to read or hear about those "baby patriots" again! We get it, they are young.... or at least in a "young" class!!! They ought to be just awesome when they GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding! Unless I'm mistaken, two or three of those starting "babies" are seniors. What are they going to be next year? embryonic patriots?