How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

Well I saw Coach Kidd at Cracker Barrel in Cleveland back in January and he told me he was helping. Sorry for the incorrect info.

I want to make a quick reply to the Temple guy. David Brainerd is an up and coming program. We will be here to stay, so I would encourage you to bring your son to D.B. Good luck this week to all District 5A schools. We gotta stick together to get respect in the county. Everyone knows Lookout Valley is the standard we are all trying to reach. I have known Coach Dinger for over 20 years and I respect him and his program.

Have a great weekend guys.

Well said, 'DBdad'! Coach Dinger has built a great baseball program at LV......the large monetary donation from some generous fan didn't hurt much either. Anyway, having a single A baseball team that does well year in and year out in our area only helps us all!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I saw Coach Kidd at Cracker Barrel in Cleveland back in January and he told me he was helping. Sorry for the incorrect info.

I want to make a quick reply to the Temple guy. David Brainerd is an up and coming program. We will be here to stay, so I would encourage you to bring your son to D.B. Good luck this week to all District 5A schools. We gotta stick together to get respect in the county. Everyone knows Lookout Valley is the standard we are all trying to reach. I have known Coach Dinger for over 20 years and I respect him and his program.

Have a great weekend guys.

From all the LV fans, Thanks!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From all the LV fans, Thanks!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No problem RCR! Coach Dinger is a class act and deserves the respect of the community. I am not on here like others to bash schools in the area. I like to state the facts. I'm a baseball fan and want everyone to know DB is not a pushover anymore. Good luck to LV and the rest of Chattanooga teams.

No problem RCR! Coach Dinger is a class act and deserves the respect of the community. I am not on here like others to bash schools in the area. I like to state the facts. I'm a baseball fan and want everyone to know DB is not a pushover anymore. Good luck to LV and the rest of Chattanooga teams.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DBdad09... I dont care for grace much at all or if any cause I dont like their attitudes and the cockiness but they are good at every sport they have. DB is a baseball school, thats it! Yall football team isnt good neither is basketball. I will hand it to you, the baseball is is legit. Coach Kidd last year pulled the impossible and made them winners.

You spoke the truth by saying we all want to be like LV. From one of my previous post when I stated the order 5a was going to be this year. I was wrong. Silverdale was awful this year and i thought they were going to be awesome considering everyone returned except one.. if im correct. Dont know what happened there but would love to know if anyone has an idea. DB was strong like I knew they would be. Grace surpirsed me with how well they are doing but the biggest surpirse of them all is Where in the world did copper basin come from. They popped out of no where and are competing for a number one or two seed.. Congrats to all the 5A teams and see ya in the tourney.

DBdad09... I dont care for grace much at all or if any cause I dont like their attitudes and the cockiness but they are good at every sport they have. DB is a baseball school, thats it! Yall football team isnt good neither is basketball. I will hand it to you, the baseball is is legit. Coach Kidd last year pulled the impossible and made them winners.

You spoke the truth by saying we all want to be like LV. From one of my previous post when I stated the order 5a was going to be this year. I was wrong. Silverdale was awful this year and i thought they were going to be awesome considering everyone returned except one.. if im correct. Dont know what happened there but would love to know if anyone has an idea. DB was strong like I knew they would be. Grace surpirsed me with how well they are doing but the biggest surpirse of them all is Where in the world did copper basin come from. They popped out of no where and are competing for a number one or two seed.. Congrats to all the 5A teams and see ya in the tourney.

I think the fact that Grace has more success in more of the sports makes it to where people focus on only the negative. I think you will find positive and negative people at all schools if you really focus on everyone. But the fact Grace has been dominant in more of the sports in 5a people just see them as cocky and don't see any positive. Yes, DB is much better at baseball and that is great (still want to know what they have coming up outside of Williams). But there are some basketball games in past few years where I know DB fans have been kicked out of because of their behavior. Not saying all people at Grace are perfect but please don't make Grace to be the school that is cocky and has no class. There are great people at DB, as well as Temple and SD, but Grace has some great people also and I would say the people in charge are nothing close to cocky. Good luck in your school move and even if your kid does go to DB best of luck to him there.

I think the fact that Grace has more success in more of the sports makes it to where people focus on only the negative. I think you will find positive and negative people at all schools if you really focus on everyone. But the fact Grace has been dominant in more of the sports in 5a people just see them as cocky and don't see any positive. Yes, DB is much better at baseball and that is great (still want to know what they have coming up outside of Williams). But there are some basketball games in past few years where I know DB fans have been kicked out of because of their behavior. Not saying all people at Grace are perfect but please don't make Grace to be the school that is cocky and has no class. There are great people at DB, as well as Temple and SD, but Grace has some great people also and I would say the people in charge are nothing close to cocky. Good luck in your school move and even if your kid does go to DB best of luck to him there.

I have to agree with you because when you have success people are going to find something to criticize you about. Like last year when we won the regular season title, everyone complained that the news came and did a story on the team. It made no sense to me that people I've known from church for over a decade were complaining to me saying we didn't deserve it. I was so happy for Coach Kidd and the boys. They did deserve the attention. I know technically it was a tie for first, but DB won the tie breaker. So it was incredible for a team that nobody picked above 4th in the district to finish 1st.

With all that said, I will get back to my original point that when you are on top (like Grace has been for a long time) you will be criticized for the smallest things. Congratulations to Grace for coming back and winning the district tournament last year. Afterall, that is where the real trophy is given (as a co-worker of mine has reminded me a few times, hehe). I think it may be a different story this year.

I have been to a few games where the Temple fans and coaches were downright rude. It was very sad. One time the coach should have been tossed, but the umpires seemed intimidated or something. Also, I've been to SD football and basketball games where I didn't see Christians representing the school very well. Anyway, it is easy for people to get on a message board and bash other teams. I pray that we will unite and cheer on our kids win or lose. I have taught my kids to win with humility and lose with humility. And to me it starts with the coaches and parents!

Any thoughts?

DBdad09... I dont care for grace much at all or if any cause dont like their attitudes and the cockiness ]but they are good at every sport they have. DB is a baseball school, thats it! Yall football team isnt good neither is basketball. I will hand it to you, the baseball is is legit. Coach Kidd last year pulled the impossible and made them winners.

Did you really think that comment through? Why are you so down on Grace? If someone from our school has been rude to you I would like to personally apologize for their behavior. I know you don't actually think that everyone at GBA is cocky with bad attitudes. Our players take pride in thier sports and should always be representing our school with Godly attitudes. I'm sure their are those from Grace who have acted inappropriately, but you will find people like that in every school on God's green earth! If you want to point out those who behaved in that way then name them and stop accusing all people at Grace as being cocky! As a Grace fan I love to watch all our players and have fun cheering them all on to victory......... GO GRACE!

I have to agree with you because when you have success people are going to find something to criticize you about. Like last year when we won the regular season title, everyone complained that the news came and did a story on the team. It made no sense to me that people I've known from church for over a decade were complaining to me saying we didn't deserve it. I was so happy for Coach Kidd and the boys. They did deserve the attention. I know technically it was a tie for first, but DB won the tie breaker. So it was incredible for a team that nobody picked above 4th in the district to finish 1st.

With all that said, I will get back to my original point that when you are on top (like Grace has been for a long time) you will be criticized for the smallest things. Congratulations to Grace for coming back and winning the district tournament last year. Afterall, that is where the real trophy is given (as a co-worker of mine has reminded me a few times, hehe). I think it may be a different story this year.

I have been to a few games where the Temple fans and coaches were downright rude. It was very sad. One time the coach should have been tossed, but the umpires seemed intimidated or something. Also, I've been to SD football and basketball games where I didn't see Christians representing the school very well. Anyway, it is easy for people to get on a message board and bash other teams. I pray that we will unite and cheer on our kids win or lose. I have taught my kids to win with humility and lose with humility. And to me it starts with the coaches and parents!

Any thoughts?

Well, that is just plain crazy! That was obviously a big accomplishment for DB players. They definitely deserved to win the regular season last year and should be proud. Now just build on that. Grace has a young team this year and are still working out the kinks, but I honestly believe they have the ability to win district again this year and even go further. It will be exciting to see how it all turns out. Good luck to all the teams in 5A!

SBA did have a lot coming back, but their starting catcher (who was their best player by far) quit a couple of days before the season started b/c he is transferring to McCallie. A short time before that their head coach was fired, and that situation caused some issues on the team (which is understandable). The current coaches were probably not prepared for what was going to be thrown at them and have struggled to find someone who can catch a high school game consistently. Just in the last couple of weeks though they have started putting it together. They beat an ok CSAS team last week, and last night had Copper beat but blew it in the last inning 9-8. Pitching consistency has been an issue as they still have a good number of young arms and no one on staff who really knows how to work with a pitcher. However, they have been hitting pretty well and could pull some upsets in the tournaments. It should be interesting to see what happens as it appears they are peaking at the right time.

You just can't help yourself, can you. Football and basketball are both over now. Let's compare Temple and DB next year in both those sports.