District 1A

ng_athlete

For what it's worth I thought Unaka was decent but I saw all of the teams and North Greene scrapped more than any of them. They out hussled everybody. They played the best team there HV a tight game and Unaka and the other ones, struggled with the other teams they played. Unaka had trouble with some team called Holstin. Unaka may be the best team but there is definitley a toss up for second.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth I thought Unaka was decent but I saw all of the teams and North Greene scrapped more than any of them. They out hussled everybody. They played the best team there HV a tight game and Unaka and the other ones, struggled with the other teams they played. Unaka had trouble with some team called Holstin. Unaka may be the best team but there is definitley a toss up for second.

Please don't tell me that was HV's best pitcher. Also, we were throwing a freshman. This is a jamboree. Nobody wants to show too much. I'll be honest now, I didn't have two seniors with me. Hopson and Peters.

I would still like to know how UH looked. I have not heard anything at all about them. I do know they are playing in some tournament this week in Chattanooga maybe. Did they open on Monday?

The second kid HV threw was Jake Hodge, he is their #2 behind Logan Bowling. UH is very young, they looked a little more polished than Hampton. After watching the Jamboree I think this is how it will shake out.

1. Unaka - looked big and slow, but was missing Colbaugh

2. North Greene- Athletic and scrappy missing Hopson and Peters

3. UH- Young and talented, could contend for the top two spots as the year goes on.

4. Hampton- Could compete for the 2 or 3 spot as the year goes on

5. Cloudland- Could sneak up on some people if over looked, had a pitcher that threw hard.

Anyone else want to take shot at a prediciton is more than welcome!

The second kid HV threw was Jake Hodge, he is their #2 behind Logan Bowling. UH is very young, they looked a little more polished than Hampton. After watching the Jamboree I think this is how it will shake out.

1. Unaka - looked big and slow, but was missing Colbaugh

2. North Greene- Athletic and scrappy missing Hopson and Peters

3. UH- Young and talented, could contend for the top two spots as the year goes on.

4. Hampton- Could compete for the 2 or 3 spot as the year goes on

5. Cloudland- Could sneak up on some people if over looked, had a pitcher that threw hard.

Anyone else want to take shot at a prediciton is more than welcome!

Thanks for the credit and the info. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out and it sounds like some exciting baseball. good look to all and be safe on the field

Anybody got the lowdown on the SG / Unaka game yesterday. I was surprised at the score? What happened?

SG scored all their runs in the first two innings, of Unaka's #3 or #4 pitcher. SG just hit it where Unaka wasn't, and Unaka hit the ball hard, but right at them. Unaka also left like 8 or 9 runners stranded, so that for sure didn't help thier cause.

SG scored all their runs in the first two innings, of Unaka's #3 or #4 pitcher. SG just hit it where Unaka wasn't, and Unaka hit the ball hard, but right at them. Unaka also left like 8 or 9 runners stranded, so that for sure didn't help thier cause.

North Greene 5 West Greene 3

IS THAT SCORE RIGHT???

Unaka threw their ace, and he allowed earned run, However, when you make 5 errors in the first two innings you arent gonna beat anybody that is any good. Unaka will be fine they just have to get going. They are playing tonight at Sullivan North at the Snowball classic and will play some tough teams in it, which should get them prepared for the conference.

Unaka threw their ace, and he allowed earned run, However, when you make 5 errors in the first two innings you arent gonna beat anybody that is any good. Unaka will be fine they just have to get going. They are playing tonight at Sullivan North at the Snowball classic and will play some tough teams in it, which should get them prepared for the conference.

I heard they scored 4 in the second inning alone on 1 walk 1 hit and 2 homers. Those 4 runs were enough to win. How could errors have changed the outcome when they only batted like 7 people that inning. For a team that can't hit, isn't a home run at NG a pretty good shot. It's like 310 or something in the corners.

Sounds to me like NG may not be as horrible as coach said.

This comment wasn't to put Unaka down. We all now where they'll be when the championship rolls around at the end of the season LOL. I just thought NG was horrible and now their 2-0 and beat a tough West Greene team they had never beaten. Did you see the game? Where did you hear the report? I talked to another player. He said the other run came in the 5th or 6th win bases loaded and no outs.

I heard they scored 4 in the second inning alone on 1 walk 1 hit and 2 homers. Those 4 runs were enough to win. How could errors have changed the outcome when they only batted like 7 people that inning. For a team that can't hit, isn't a home run at NG a pretty good shot. It's like 310 or something in the corners.

Sounds to me like NG may not be as horrible as coach said.

This comment wasn't to put Unaka down. We all now where they'll be when the championship rolls around at the end of the season LOL. I just thought NG was horrible and now their 2-0 and beat a tough West Greene team they had never beaten. Did you see the game? Where did you hear the report? I talked to another player. He said the other run came in the 5th or 6th win bases loaded and no outs.

LOL we got lucky!!! On both homeruns it was like a quick hurricane came...stunk in both balls.... carried them into the outfield and then dropped them behind the fence. Real freak thing I've never seen before.