District 1A

ng_athlete

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka threw their ace, and he allowed earned run, However, when you make 5 errors in the first two innings you arent gonna beat anybody that is any good. Unaka will be fine they just have to get going. They are playing tonight at Sullivan North at the Snowball classic and will play some tough teams in it, which should get them prepared for the conference.

If Peirce is their ace and is actually better than Chambers, Peters, and Peterson, Unaka might be in for a world of hurt.

I heard they scored 4 in the second inning alone on 1 walk 1 hit and 2 homers. Those 4 runs were enough to win. How could errors have changed the outcome when they only batted like 7 people that inning. For a team that can't hit, isn't a home run at NG a pretty good shot. It's like 310 or something in the corners.

Sounds to me like NG may not be as horrible as coach said.

This comment wasn't to put Unaka down. We all now where they'll be when the championship rolls around at the end of the season LOL. I just thought NG was horrible and now their 2-0 and beat a tough West Greene team they had never beaten. Did you see the game? Where did you hear the report? I talked to another player. He said the other run came in the 5th or 6th win bases loaded and no outs.

Are you referring to the Unaka game or the North Greene game?

If Peirce is their ace and is actually better than Chambers, Peters, and Peterson, Unaka might be in for a world of hurt.

To answer your reply, Chambers folded like a cheap suit in the region and struggled in the district, Peters battled arm trouble, and Peterson was a freshman. Pearce is the ace based on his success against the conference, and he is the most consistent. There isn't a team in the conference that has as much pitching depth as Unaka, if you were at the Jamboree you saw Hampton struggle with 2 kids that haven't pitched.

To answer your reply, Chambers folded like a cheap suit in the region and struggled in the district, Peters battled arm trouble, and Peterson was a freshman. Pearce is the ace based on his success against the conference, and he is the most consistent. There isn't a team in the conference that has as much pitching depth as Unaka, if you were at the Jamboree you saw Hampton struggle with 2 kids that haven't pitched.

unless your coach ensor i dont think you get to call who the ace is there captain! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

unless your coach ensor i dont think you get to call who the ace is there captain! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I have watched them for a little bit, and I can say that when healthy, Unaka has 4 good pitchers that can win a game at any time. But I would like to know how you can say that any of those three you named are better than Pierce, he has been a dependable, and solid pitcher since he was a freshman.

I have watched them for a little bit, and I can say that when healthy, Unaka has 4 good pitchers that can win a game at any time. But I would like to know how you can say that any of those three you named are better than Pierce, he has been a dependable, and solid pitcher since he was a freshman.

I don't think their is much of an argument here. LOL who's the ace. Who's the best? Be glad you've been on top and are predicted to be their again. LOL it could be like Coach Shelton's team who can't hit off tees and on has a fair pitcher.

Judging by watching most of the games this year it's honestly hard to tell who Unaka's ace is. Hitting is probably our main focus right now and pitching is the least of our worries. We have 4 pitchers that can go toe to toe with all 4 conference teams. We also have 4 pitchers who are very hittable when playing good out of conference teams.

Peters,Chambers,Pierce,Peterson are not going to blow it by teams like Daniel Boone and Tennesse High and many other non conference opponents. We are just trying to build up some depth on the mound for later on down the road.

But like I said previously hitting is our main focus at the moment. when you got games where your only getting 2 to 3 hits your not going to beat little bo peeps pawn shop "bad news bears" but this is a young team who has got the tools and talent to be tough once they start producing at the plate and in the field.

Coach RC