Deonta Twilley ejected tonight

falconfan94

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must have just been one technical on him because the Lawrence County player only shot two free throws. Not sure why there was not a second technical called before he ejected him. Guess he felt that Twilley was going for the fight and needed to keep the situation under control. Remember the Lawrence County foul just previous to the technical foul put Shelbyville in the one and one and should have shot free throws there as well, but alas there was a lot of bad call (see charge on Lawrence COunty #11 that was not a charge or the always changing out of bounds calls.)

What a shame. The ref that threw Twilley out of the game was the lead official during the Shelbyville --- Coffee Co. game several weeks ago. Officials let that game get totally out of hand. I'm sure he got his rear end reamed out by his supervisor and this is how he corrects his inability to officiate a ballgame. I don't know your name but you should feel real good about yourself on this Sunday afternoon.

Anyone have any idea if Ronnie Carter knows how darned sorry officials are in the middle Tenn. area? What I also wonder is this---Twilley is ejected from game and is held accountable for his actions with a two game suspension. Do the officials have any accountability to anyone for their butchering of a game. Are they also suspended or fined? If not, should be.

What a shame. The ref that threw Twilley out of the game was the lead official during the Shelbyville --- Coffee Co. game several weeks ago. Officials let that game get totally out of hand. I'm sure he got his rear end reamed out by his supervisor and this is how he corrects his inability to officiate a ballgame. I don't know your name but you should feel real good about yourself on this Sunday afternoon.

Anyone have any idea if Ronnie Carter knows how darned sorry officials are in the middle Tenn. area? What I also wonder is this---Twilley is ejected from game and is held accountable for his actions with a two game suspension. Do the officials have any accountability to anyone for their butchering of a game. Are they also suspended or fined? If not, should be.

Good Points BBALLROCKS! It was obvious that the official who threw Twilley out made a knee jerk reaction with the ejection. It was an obvious foul on both players and a technical on Twilley but there were no grounds for the ejection. There is no doubt that the Shelbyville-Coffee Co. game several weeks ago was on this Official's mind as he wanted to get retribution for being turned in to the Supervisor of Officials for calling what is probably the worst game i have ever seen an Official call.

As for the other Official who got into in with Coach Thomas as he was sitting on the bench before halftime. If you must talk to fans while working a game you need to quit. There is no excuse for talking to fans. If you feel that they are too aggressive have security throw them out of the gym. If not, shut up and call the game!!!

It is an unfortunate incident. Shelbyville is without a very good point guard for two games. Lawrence County has a player that could have a concussion. AND... now we are blaming the officials! Where does it end? I will be the first to agree that the officiating in 8AAA has not been the best, but... show me a district who says they have had the best officiating this year!

Yes, there was a foul committed by the Lawrence County player. Yes, Twilly reacted. Yes, the officials made their call. Find the game film and watch it yourself. It is truly interesting.

It is an unfortunate incident. Shelbyville is without a very good point guard for two games. Lawrence County has a player that could have a concussion. AND... now we are blaming the officials! Where does it end? I will be the first to agree that the officiating in 8AAA has not been the best, but... show me a district who says they have had the best officiating this year!

Yes, there was a foul committed by the Lawrence County player. Yes, Twilly reacted. Yes, the officials made their call. Find the game film and watch it yourself. It is truly interesting.

Not real sure where it ends. Good question but I do know where it started--my opinion is in Coffee Co. I have seen that game film and the officials were absolutely horrible. As I stated before the one who actually threw Twilley out of game got reamed for his lack of whisle blowing several weeks ago by his supervisor.

I hope the kid does not have a concussion as I hope that Twilley does not have any back strain as the kid was mugging him. I'm not making any excuses but the officials act as though they are untouchable. In these hard economic times if they are taking any money at all ---that in itself should be considered robbery.

I guess Deonta should have offered free piggy back rides!! It is ridiculous that it was all blamed on him , but that is the way it goes I guess.....I think it is a crying shame that Deonta is going to miss two games. He has worked so hard! He is without a doubt one of the most phenomenal players that Shelbyville has ever seen /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> We are going to miss this young man next year! Eagles your gonna have to work a little harder! But I KNOW you have it in you so all I can say is GO.... FIGHT and WIN!!

You know, a lot of those guys work very hard. Good job, both teams. You have played with all your hearts and have given fans a great season. Bball is a huge tradition for both schools. Both school, students, and fans are die-hard and let's face it - it is very entertaining or we would not go back.

I was there - it was a poorly called game on BOTH sides. Watch the film - I bet there are several dozen calls both ways that need to be changed. What do you do?

I have seen the game film. I did not find it to be that interesting. My point is that like BBALL, this whole thing started at Coffee Co a few weeks back. It is nothing but a way for the Official ( i use that term loosely) to get back at Shelbyville for calling him out on doing a terrible job that night.

I have seen the game film. I did not find it to be that interesting. My point is that like BBALL, this whole thing started at Coffee Co a few weeks back. It is nothing but a way for the Official ( i use that term loosely) to get back at Shelbyville for calling him out on doing a terrible job that night.

I know that Shelbyville is going to appeal the suspension. Do they ever overturn the appeal? I guess they will look at the tapes.