McKeethan

Oldcat

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that you Oak Ridge fans remember that this season is long and one game doesn't make the season. I also hope you remember that these are kids playing and to call one out like you have on this thread is totally wrong. Football is a team game and you win and lose as a team. McKeethan is one of the hardest workers on the football team and nobody wants to win more than he does. After watching the tape of Friday's game it was easy to throw blame on just about everybody. A quarterback has to have time to throw the ball and he didn't. The fade pass he was asked to throw wasn't there. They took away the flat and our field position was horrible because of the penalties and turnovers. It is very easy to look at the stats of a quarterback and point the blame but look at the entire reasons before you call him out. Please don't take cheap shots at kids. David Clary

[Edited by DCCATVOICE on 9-2-02 12:47P]

From what I heard he was slamming his helmet down and going off on the sideline. Good thing he didn't play for Stevens and the roadrunner Cofer # 2 would have been benched the rest of the game. He needs to support his teamates "TEAM" being the key word root. I know the kid was probably upset and doesn't know how to exert his frustraqtion, but if he loses his cool that quick then I wouldn't want him as my quarterback. I wasn't at the game but my boys told me about the game. They were there to scout, "they say", AC. Both Tillman and Graham agreed with me about the Cofer kid. They are the ones who made mention of it. I was watching MHS kill Alcoa. I heard the score on the radio and couldn't believe it.

Posted by Oldcat:

PASSING:

Oak Ridge -- McKeethan 3-18-1 90. Can we see Cody Cofer at QB soon. I am not no coach but I think we need to see a new QB. Mckeethan gave them a touchdown on the 10yardline by him self.

:confused:

Posted by Oldcat:

PASSING:

Oak Ridge -- McKeethan 3-18-1 90. Can we see Cody Cofer at QB soon. I am not no coach but I think we need to see a new QB. Mckeethan gave them a touchdown on the 10yardline by him self.

You are obviously not an English major either! Not only does your grammar show your ignorance, but so does your willingness to single out one player for a poor performance. :D

These are high school kids, not professionals. They are not paid to play and should not have to be called out in public for their performance.

McKeethan did not decide to start himself (note the correct spelling for your next post), nor did he call the plays. The coaching staff placed him in a position to fail, and he did. However, I am sure he gave all he had and will continue to do so. :(

Given your pathetic use of the English language, maybe you should be benched in favor of a second grader writing posts on this site! :)

I like McKeethan, but he did have a bad game. This post shouldn't have been posted. I seen Cofer throw his helment down also. I hope this post make McKeethan play better this Friday. When people say bad things about me and people show me the post I have great games. Go Wildcats and McKeethan.:confused:

Posted by Oldcat:

PASSING:

QUOTE> :D

I agree.... McKeethan was put in a bad situation but he also didn't help his cause by throwing the fade pass 10 yards to far and 5 yards out of bounds. He was very consistent with his passes out of bounds. He never gave the receivers a chance.

In a earlier thread, I had mention why hasn't Cody Cofer been given a chance to quarterback. I said he could make plays and help his team instead of McKeethan. Does anyone agree? The only answer I got was from Matt King. He said Cody couldn't remember the plays.

If that's the case, why was Cody quarterbacking when the game meant the most. To me, it looked like the coaches wanted Cody to make a play. They are going to need him to make a play the whole season.

Posted by rabidwildcatfan:
Posted by Oldcat:

PASSING:

You are obviously not an English major either! Not only does your grammar show your ignorance, but so does your willingness to single out one player for a poor performance. :D

These are high school kids, not professionals. They are not paid to play and should not have to be called out in public for their performance.

McKeethan did not decide to start himself (note the correct spelling for your next post), nor did he call the plays. The coaching staff placed him in a position to fail, and he did. However, I am sure he gave all he had and will continue to do so. :(

Given your pathetic use of the English language, maybe you should be benched in favor of a second grader writing posts on this site! :)

jedave, I don't want to single out a kid and say anything negative so I will just say this..Cofer is the better athlete..I don't think #62 knows what he is talking about. Cody could get the plays down if he got any reps, and lastly #3 should have stayed at receiver. He was a good one.

Daryll Davidson should get more carries. Plus I must wonder why #35 is in the backfield if he gets no carries...#32 is the fastest on the team and can make plays!

Did you think about maybe the coach ddn't put them in the right position to be successful. why do you throw the fade inot the boundary. You have to drop it right on the dime. Throw the fade on the wide side of the field. that way the WR will have space to run under it.

Posted by jedave30:

I agree.... McKeethan was put in a bad situation but he also didn't help his cause by throwing the fade pass 10 yards to far and 5 yards out of bounds. He was very consistent with his passes out of bounds. He never gave the receivers a chance.

In a earlier thread, I had mention why hasn't Cody Cofer been given a chance to quarterback. I said he could make plays and help his team instead of McKeethan. Does anyone agree? The only answer I got was from Matt King. He said Cody couldn't remember the plays.

If that's the case, why was Cody quarterbacking when the game meant the most. To me, it looked like the coaches wanted Cody to make a play. They are going to need him to make a play the whole season.

Posted by rabidwildcatfan:
Posted by Oldcat:

PASSING:

Guest OakRidgeCat10

Dave you are right about what you said,Isnt Kevin intitled to have one bad game?I know Kevin personally and he is a good friend of mine.Just because he has one game like he did doesnt mean you crack down on him,i mean come on,Mo is going to do alot better as this season goes.That game taught all of us that were are not invisible.We all have stepped it up this week in practice and we are looking to put Bradley in their place.But yea Mo is a good friend,isnt that right cuz.And dont come down on CB also,cuz just had mistakes that everyone will make.Let us go through the season before coming down on anyone before you make all the bad post.This just doesnt make alot of sense coming on here and jumping Mo liek that,also on another post jumping CB,we are going to get our heads up and suprise some people.But yea my food is done so I am bout to get some sizzurp and get my food and roll. Da Kru 10 32 13 and Rowan former #2.But I mean cuz im out.

Posted by DCCATVOICE:

I hope that you Oak Ridge fans remember that this season is long and one game doesn't make the season. I also hope you remember that these are kids playing and to call one out like you have on this thread is totally wrong. Football is a team game and you win and lose as a team. McKeethan is one of the hardest workers on the football team and nobody wants to win more than he does. After watching the tape of Friday's game it was easy to throw blame on just about everybody. A quarterback has to have time to throw the ball and he didn't. The fade pass he was asked to throw wasn't there. They took away the flat and our field position was horrible because of the penalties and turnovers. It is very easy to look at the stats of a quarterback and point the blame but look at the entire reasons before you call him out. Please don't take cheap shots at kids. David Clary

[Edited by DCCATVOICE on 9-2-02 12:47P]