Supreme Court

PHargis

To the contrary, sir. As a graduate of a very small, very conservative private Christian school, I say we need to be in public schools more now than ever...in history. Jesus 'hung out' with the unsaved. It's the Great Commission and we need to do the same...and let our Light shine. Not for self-gratification. For HIS glory!

I Peter 3:15

You've got a point, but I would argue that Jesus was perfect, and would not be influenced by the unsaved. My kids are far from perfect, and need shelter from all the garbage that the public school system pushes on them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have many great posts on this topic and I am proud of every Christian that has posted on here.. Folks we need prayer in our lives, we need to pray for one another, and we really need to pray for those who mock, scoff and turn their back on God that may come to know Him through His Son Jesus!

Paul said "Pray without ceasing." 1Thessalonians 5:17.

We need to show that Christ is love, but the voices of one or two should not be louder than ours!

Just another reason to yank our children out of public schools as quickly as possible.

I have taught in the same public school for almost 31 years. Luckily there are no private schools in the area. If there were I and the school would be missing out on a lot of very good kids...and they would be missing a great opportunity to see all sides of life, both good and bad.

I have taught in the same public school for almost 31 years. Luckily there are no private schools in the area. If there were I and the school would be missing out on a lot of very good kids...and they would be missing a great opportunity to see all sides of life, both good and bad.

Lack of competition from better schools hurts everyone, except those who want to maintain the status quo. As a parent I would probaby leave a town whose only education is what our screwed up government handed me.

Lack of competition from better schools hurts everyone, except those who want to maintain the status quo. As a parent I would probaby leave a town whose only education is what our screwed up government handed me.

I didn't say the schools would be better, just private. The main problems society has are in every private school, also. But, we are getting off-topic here.

True since we have 1155 students. But that also means we have more of the good stuff, too.

DadofFour, you've got some good points. To get this closer back on topic, and a lot will likely agree with you especially with four kids, what part of the education the screwed up government has handed you bugs you enough to not only pay taxes to support public schools but possibly need to pay tuition to a private school and have your kids been enrolled in a public school before? Your answer likely will get us back on track.

DadofFour, you've got some good points. To get this closer back on topic, and a lot will likely agree with you especially with four kids, what part of the education the screwed up government has handed you bugs you enough to not only pay taxes to support public schools but possibly need to pay tuition to a private school and have your kids been enrolled in a public school before? Your answer likely will get us back on track.

The same kind of nonsense that is the subject of this thread...telling a coach he can't pray with his team. When my kids were in elementary they were in a respectable public school. A majority of the faculty were Christians, and cared more about teaching the children the 3 r's, and less about political correctness, etc. A lot of parents aren't as fortunate with their kids' schools, and that's a shame.

The same kind of nonsense that is the subject of this thread...telling a coach he can't pray with his team. When my kids were in elementary they were in a respectable public school. A majority of the faculty were Christians, and cared more about teaching the children the 3 r's, and less about political correctness, etc. A lot of parents aren't as fortunate with their kids' schools, and that's a shame.

I thought that was what you were getting at but except of GVT interference, there are many towns in the state still the same way you remember but they are getting fewer. But the difference is Good Parents are Involved with the Good Teachers and that makes a school and knowing the area CoachT lives in, they are fortunate to have that condition exist also. Like has been posted here, its extremely encouraging to read most of these posts and the feelings of what is going on and the actions that concerned people think should be taken. I hope more will take the time and post to give more viewpoints..

YOU CAN THANK LIBERALS FOR THIS.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I love the state of Tennessee and the ramblings of the joke that is Faux Noose /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />