can mc minn central win it all?

mccharger

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, your obsession and jealousy of Central cracks us all up. But what really cracked us up was when you got bi_ch slapped by Central's Strength & Conditioning Coach. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But don't let all of that keep you from continuing to make a fol out of yourself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"make a fol out of yourself"..... thats funny considering you can't spell fool. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Raider2,

Educate us. Who in your view are the teams left in the tourney that are better than McMinn Central? Marshall County is gone but that could happen to anybody at this level. Are there any teams from upper ET that are a threat to win it all? Who are the teams from middle and west Tennessee that can win it? How good is Upperman?

Look forward to some intelligent diologue.

I shoud probably stay out of this....as there is no doubt in my mind Central can win it all. But if you think Upperman, Gibson County (which both teams like Central returned everyone and then some), plus I'm hearing South Greene are not capable of winning the gold, you are mistaken. Hey, don't take this the wrong way as I like Central's chances, but I know Upperman will give them a handfull.

I respectfully disagree:

1) They've had several teams in the past that had good leadership & play well together

2) Strength program? I am very close to the program and have never known them to strength train

3) They have been 8-10 deep in the past....depth at the state tournament is over-rated anyway

4) Post presence- Julie Alderhold was an inside out player but did post up alot and her team didn't win it

5) They've had plenty of experience at the guard position in the past

6) I REALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS ONE & FEEL STRONGLY THAT THIS IS THE ONE OF THE REASON THE ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT! They can pressure full court, man to man, in your face, borderline nasty DEFENSE, every night.....against the teams they play during the regular season, but that gambling out of control style gives up lay-ups, fouls, open 3's, middle penetration, etc against the GOOD TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the better teams at the State Tournament play well against that style.

raider2. With your knowledge of basketball, and Central in particular, you remind me of someone...... OH!!! I GOT IT. Coach Quirk. Is this you Coach Quirk???

Well since you brought it up.....Yes, jewell at Meigs took several talented teams to the state tournament, and if I'm not mistaken they have a couple of state championship trophies in their trophy case to show for it. I also think Coach Davis at Polk has a state championship under his belt as well (1981 maybe?). Sweetwater had a couple of girls teams in the mid 80's that made it to the state tournament. Anything else you want to Know?

Yes, Morgan has won a lot of games, but they have won in this area because they have more talent than everyone else. And yes, Meigs in the 90's out talented teams in this area but also beat great teams at the state tournament and brought home the gold ball....there is a difference.

Again, the thread is about whether or not the chargerettes can win the state.... and the answer in my opinion is no and I've given my reasons why. Why don't you people stop getting mad and give me some good reasons for why you think I am wrong!!!!!!!

I'm talking about the last twenty years, do the math. Davis won the title while playing 6 on 6, he has'nt had much state success since. If Central can get there they have a chance. They have tremendous balance and are unselfish to a fault. Morgan does a nice job creating togetherness and teamwork. Getting to the state is the hard part, once you get there anything can happen. Hey raider2 you would'nt happen to be one of those Polk boys at Roane St Raiders?

I'm talking about the last twenty years, do the math. Davis won the title while playing 6 on 6, he has'nt had much state success since. If Central can get there they have a chance. They have tremendous balance and are unselfish to a fault. Morgan does a nice job creating togetherness and teamwork. Getting to the state is the hard part, once you get there anything can happen. Hey raider2 you would'nt happen to be one of those Polk boys at Roane St Raiders?

Actually the year Polk won its State, 1981, they played 5-on-5. They also made regular visits to the State tournament from 1979-84. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was 20+ yrs ago. But.... they did win one.

As for Coach Morgan, he is a very good coach. I think he is in his 29th year and has won over 700 games. His teams are always talented and well coached. If Polk can't win it this yr, I would hope that Central will.

I hope Raider2 isn't one of those clowns starting crap on here again. I am a die hard Polk fan, but these idiots are clueless....