Upperman @ McMinn Central

charger05

I met the Davis family at Memories before the game. They were a great bunch and very supportive of Lashay and the rest of the players. I hope they enjoyed their brief visit to the Etowah/Englewood area.

I appreciate that very much. One of the best games I have ever seen. You have a great team. GO ALL THE WAY, CAN'T BE US. HOSPITALLY WAS GREAT. We enjoyed it very much, and I am very proud of upperman especially LASHAY . Since I talked to you, u know why. GO CHARGERETTES

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that very much. One of the best games I have ever seen. You have a great team. GO ALL THE WAY, CAN'T BE US. HOSPITALLY WAS GREAT. We enjoyed it very much, and I am very proud of upperman especially LASHAY . Since I talked to you, u know why. GO CHARGERETTES

Your fans were very loud to be so few in number. That was just a tremendous atmosphere. District 7AA travels very well. We've hosted Livingston twice, York, and Upperman in the last four seasons. Each of these programs have great support.

I know you spoke to several of the Chargerette fans that were at Memories (most of us were either coaches or parents of players). My family was seated at the table of four beside you all. My son is the one who said your logo looked like Georgia Tech's logo.

"92Charger, you said this game wouldn??™t have been as close if Gaby had been in the whole game? That would be like me saying If 3 of the Upperman starters weren??™t fighting this virus bug that closed down Putnam Co. schools Friday that this game would have turned out different, I wouldn??™t even try to say that. I have read a lot about Central and I??™m sure it hurt not having her but that is just crazy to say stuff like that so lets not go there."

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Upperman. If you look at my posts, you'll see that I've given them all the credit in the world. I was very impressed with their team speed and ball handling. I was only trying to make a point that we lost one of our best players with 4 minutes left in the first. She is a huge part of our team. She's an excellent rebounder and one of the best defenders. I'm not saying it would have been a blow out or anything like that. Maybe a differential of 5 more points or so. To say losing her makes no difference would be like us saying that it would mean nothing if you lost Davis. Again, be sure to pass on our thanks and sentiments to your players. I'm sorry if my previous comment sounded cocky or arrogant. It wasn't my intention. I was just trying to express how good a player Jordan is.

I understand your point because she is a great player but I didn't want to lessen the effort by both teams by the what if's. This was a match up of two great teams, plain and simple. I hate that they met in Sub State instead of the final game. Good luck to the Central. Watch out for LA they are a tough team.

What was the score of the game before the Upperman girl got the technical foul and how much time was left?

Upperman had a four point lead with four minutes to go. The technical ocurred earlier than that. I'm not sure what the score was, but I think Upperman had a four point lead. The girl threw the ball when the foul was called, and it hit a Central player. She was also a little too demonstrative in her disdain, and was mouthing off a bit when she got the T.

Upperman had a four point lead with four minutes to go. The technical ocurred earlier than that. I'm not sure what the score was, but I think Upperman had a four point lead. The girl threw the ball when the foul was called, and it hit a Central player. She was also a little too demonstrative in her disdain, and was mouthing off a bit when she got the T.

I just found it. Upperman was up 46-45 in the third quarter when the technical was assessed.

Your fans were very loud to be so few in number. That was just a tremendous atmosphere. District 7AA travels very well. We've hosted Livingston twice, York, and Upperman in the last four seasons. Each of these programs have great support.

I know you spoke to several of the Chargerette fans that were at Memories (most of us were either coaches or parents of players). My family was seated at the table of four beside you all. My son is the one who said your logo looked like Georgia Tech's logo.

We enjoyed the game and also our visit to Memories. Our family has supported Lashay since she started playing at about 5 years old. Our family that was there eating consisted of great grandparents that are in their late 80's,grandmother,two aunts,uncle,two cousins,great aunt and family friends. I am one of the aunts on the Davis side.We have followed bball with Lashay always at Upperman and AAU.It has been such a great experince seeing her grow as a player and to a great young lady.Can't wait to see her play at Western Kentucky.We have a grand daughter starting to play she is 5 who knows we may be there again some day.McMinn Central has a very good team and I think they will bring home that gold ball.Really appreciate how nice everyone was everywhere we went while there.It was great to be in an atmosphere like that after going to the region games the past week and seeing how some of the visiting crowds acted.We are like everybody else and would have liked to win but at least it was to a very good team with a respectable crowd.Hope u go all the way Chargerettes.Will b watching 2 c how u do.May be down for the championship game if u r in it.Lashay is nominated for MS.Basketball again so we may go and support her.We went last year and it was pretty cool when she won.Who knows but if your girls get that far(which I'm sure they will) we will cheer them on if we r there!!Tell your son it does look like Georga Tech,we lived in the Georgia area for awhile so he knows his bball.

So sorry to hear the Lady Bees are out of this. I could not make it to the game on Saturday, and I could not get the radio to come in strong enough to know what happened, but I know that the Lady Bees gave it all they have, because that is the only way they know how to play.

I became a big fan of the Davis and Maynard kids when I moved here back in 06. They are what Upperman Basketball is about to me. I will miss their passion. I will miss their effort. And I will miss the smiles on their faces as the completely shut down an opponent with the stifling Lady Bees press.

I have enjoyed watching all of these kids play since I got into town. Taylor, Simmons, Watson, some very good kids have left in the past couple years, but there is just something special about the Davis and Maynard kids and it just wont be the same without them.

That being said, I have said this to a few people already this year, I think the Randolph kid will come in and do very well. Infact, I think she will win every personal accolade available before she graduates (aside from Miss Basketball). And I know the Hammock kid will step up and deliver bigtime. But it still will take a while to get used to it all.

I guess I will be spending time in Bowling Green the next few years. I wish I could have talked LaShay into going a few hundred miles farther north for college, but I know she made a great choice for her and her family. She will do well.

Good luck to LaShay and Jennifer in their future endeavors, where ever that may lead them. Thanks for the years of entertainment and class.

I have watched that kid walk away from lots of abusive situations, with no calls, all year.

There must have been somthing there, not observered and/or called.

I think throwing the ball and hitting a Central player (I don't it was intentional, just frustration) after the call, then saying a naughty word loud enough for the ref to hear got her the "T".