LA vs Tyner for trip to the borro

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's state bound hog-eye .....LA took it to Tyner tonight 82 to 69. LA led at the half by 20 and was up by 18 starting the 4th. Tyner made a couple of runs but could never get no closer than 10. What usually turns out to be big are free throws and LA nailed the door shut time after time hitting a very high % of their FT.... the difference in the game. I don't know the exact # but we scored several from the line.

Tyner really crashed the boards the 2nd half and fought their way back in the game but couldn't close the gap on a Wildcat team that played with tons of heart . It was a very physical game. The refs really let them play tonight.

The Cat's are making their 2nd appearance in a row to the state. If I'm not forgetting this could be the only time in the school's history that this has happened.

35 of 43 from the free throw line there RC! Probably our best FT% game of the year. People will look at that and say the FT's were one sided but I would say half of them came in the last 5 minutes when Tyner was having to foul. Longest 4th quarter I believe I have ever sat through!

35 of 43 from the free throw line there RC! Probably our best FT% game of the year. People will look at that and say the FT's were one sided but I would say half of them came in the last 5 minutes when Tyner was having to foul. Longest 4th quarter I believe I have ever sat through!

That sure is a bunch of fouls considering there probably wasn't 12 the first half by both teams. Out of the 3 refs the head guy was terrible. He must have kids that go to Tyner or something. The other 2 were as good as you will see calling a game. They were very professional.

Chase set the tone early with the big start he had. I thought that was the biggest factor in the game besides the FT's. I know in games past and maybe even the Fulton game last year we might have been just a little intimidated, but tonight Chase let Tyner know that they were in for a game. I think we sort of intimidated them by building that 20 point lead at the half. But Tyner showed that they had a good team with the way they played the 2nd half.

Congrats Cats and coach Melton on reaching a major goal. I hope you guys reach the next one. It is there you just have to reach out and grab it. One at a time.

Scooter and RC....I am not so sure we shocked anybody...I agree that 7-0 start was huge but we only led by 3 at the end of one. The second quarter is were we flat out played them because we were the better team. We outscored them 26-9. It was because we beat them to all the loose balls, steals from tipped passes, out rebounded them on both ends of the floor. Our intensity seemed to diminish in third but we still outscored them by 3 for a 23 point lead. IMO, we kinda coasted along in the fourth and give Tyner all the credit, they believed they could stay in it and they outplayed us that fourth quarter and they cut it to 9 with 2:24 to go. Tyner played with a lot of heart but, call me a homer or whatever, LA was the better team. Congratulations to Tyner on a great season.

Congratulations to Coach Melton and the Wildcats...One more goal accomplished! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Scooter and RC....I am not so sure we shocked anybody...I agree that 7-0 start was huge but we only led by 3 at the end of one. The second quarter is were we flat out played them because we were the better team. We outscored them 26-9. It was because we beat them to all the loose balls, steals from tipped passes, out rebounded them on both ends of the floor. Our intensity seemed to diminish in third but we still outscored them by 3 for a 23 point lead. IMO, we kinda coasted along in the fourth and give Tyner all the credit, they believed they could stay in it and they outplayed us that fourth quarter and they cut it to 9 with 2:24 to go. Tyner played with a lot of heart but, call me a homer or whatever, LA was the better team. Congratulations to Tyner on a great season.

Congratulations to Coach Melton and the Wildcats...One more goal accomplished! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Hog-Eye!!

Here's to a hungry LA team. Let the big Cats eat! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

That being said...

Anyone have the stats from this game?

Go Hog-Eye!!

Here's to a hungry LA team. Let the big Cats eat! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

That being said...

Anyone have the stats from this game?

All five starters in double figures, with Chase being the leading scorer. Total of (I think) eight players scored. Great job by a great team........ On to the Boro---One game at a time.......................GO HOGEYE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well BigDaddy sad to say District 7A didn't fair to well against the Chattanooga boys tonight. Clarkrange got their eyes plucked out by the Grace Eagles 74-44 and my DAWGS came up short in the Dawg House as well 64-50.

Great to hear HOGEYE took care of business in their match-up. Looks like the Wildcat faithful will be occupying the 'BORO for the next couple of weeks!

Wishing the CATS and all the Overton County fans good luck in both tourneys!

Heck...Bring back 2 GOLD BALLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well BigDaddy sad to say District 7A didn't fair to well against the Chattanooga boys tonight. Clarkrange got their eyes plucked out by the Grace Eagles 74-44 and my DAWGS came up short in the Dawg House as well 64-50.

Great to hear HOGEYE took care of business in their match-up. Looks like the Wildcat faithful will be occupying the 'BORO for the next couple of weeks!

Heck...Bring back 2 GOLD BALLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TopDawg..Hated to hear the news for you and clarkrange. When I heard the halftime score of your game (at LA) I thought and hoped Clay Co. would pull off the win.

As for LA, we are excited about returning to the boro..This team is plenty capable of taking care of business. Girls too. Our boys played very well tonight and I know we all proud of them!

Thanks for your support...We need all we can get. I'd love to fill that gym up with a sea of blue and white!!!!

GO HOG-EYE!!!

We plan on it. Were playing for all the UC teams now. Hope to see yall there with us in the borro. Congrads to both LA teams on the sub state wins. Go Wildcats LEAVE NO DOUBT!!