gibbs vs elizabethton predictions

ramrowdy005

Amazing ball game from both ends. Gibbs has a couple girls that could play at the next level. #25 and #20 are solid ball players that play the game the right way.

Congratulations Lady Cyclones!! They counted you all out at the beginning. Said you weren't as good as recent years. But you kept plugging away and got better each game. I am proud of each and every one of you! Good job Ladies.

It was even at 16 after one quarter. Gibbs led 32-29 at the half. Gibbs had two great shooters, #25 Taylor Mills and #20. They were hitting long bombs beyond the distance our girls thought they needed to guard them. They probably hit ten between them in the game. Gibbs came out hot in the third and caught the Cyclones off guard with a press and spurted to a nine point lead, just like South Greene did in the Regional championship. Coach Dugger got a timeout and the Cyclones regrouped, methodically cutting down the lead. Kamra Fritz hit some huge threes in the fourth and Elizabethton went up 5 with less than two minutes left. The Lady Cyclones missed a few free throws and committed a late foul to make it interesting, but they held on for the huge win. Gibbs missed a 40 footer at the buzzer.

If Pat Summit had girls hitting the long bomb as consistently as #20 and #25 did last night she would have a much better record this year. They were tough to stop - actually we didn't.

But Congrats to the Lady Cyclones for being the better team!!! It was a thrilling game and I'm proud of the way each and every one of them played. They all came up big at some point during the course of the game.

On to the 'Boro!!

I didn't realize until I read the paper this morning that Fritz had 5 three's. I know the last one she hit with under a minute left and the Cyclones down one was a huge shot. I guess the Gibbs fans were wondering why they were letting her shoot it just like I was wondering why we kept letting @20 and #25 have those open looks!! Great job by all.

Does anyone have shooting percentages from last night? It felt like every shot went in there for awhile.

Great Job Lady Cyclones!!

Good news travels fast. I heard the yells 2000 miles away. Yea Mon. No problem.

I bet ole 'Write Stuff' is walking about four feet off the ground today!!!

So happy for the seniors, Mariah and Arin. Enjoy the experience.

EHS vs SG in the final. I be back for that one!

After watching the Lady Cyclones lose the last two home Sub-State games, we opted to hit the road this year and were rewarded with one of the guttiest-ever performances... by both teams. Cloudland's loss to Oliver Springs was classic stuff. The Lady Highlanders were so close, fought back after being down by nine - 22-13 (Cloudland scored three, second quarter points) - at the half. The Lady Cats hit six Threes in the first half; four in the second quarter.

This one belongs in the best-ever category. And, obviously, so does the Gibbs-at-Elizabethton thriller.

Congratulations to Elizabethton.

Looks like the Fritz sisters have this wonderful knack for hitting Big shots in Huge games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />