Westview vs. Elizabethton

coachh17

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are a very good team that probably hasn't been playing their best ball lately. they have a really great scorer in rechis and two other very good role players in swaim and oulds. they have other players that step up from time to time but these three are pretty consistent. btw, rechis hit the 2000 point mark this year and she is only a junior!

Don't let that fool you too much. Westview is coached well and has very good players that can get hot at any second. I think this will wind up being a good game! Go Westview!

I think he was referring to how good they were. Only getting beat by one team other than the undefeated Gibson Co. team.

I think this should be a good game. I hope the Cyclones can keep their hot shooting up and keep playing defense like they have been. If Elizabethton plays like they did against South Greene last week then they will be hard to beat.

Good luck Ladies! Bring home that Gold Ball!!

Westview plays big in big games- Yes they've lost 5 times this season(4 times to undefeated Gibson Co. and the other loss to Obion Central) but to quality opponents from the always tough 13AA district.

Rechis definately makes the team go- and outstanding scorer who has changed from her Fr. season of just being a spot up and set shooter to now taking defenders off the dribble and creating shots for herself. GA Swaim is the blue collar worker of the team who can rebound, hit the mid-range J and drive to the basket. Olds is an interior player who can hit the outside shot(her 3-pointer with 1.5 seconds left in triple-OT defeated Mitchell in the sub-state) ..

Westview doesn't make many mistakes, are well coached and fundamentally sound..

Don't know much about Elizabethton, but if they are in the Elite 8 then they must be good.

Should be a fun opening round matchup /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You folks come on out and take a little time to enjoy "da View" /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Elizabethton has improved as the season has gone along. They had to replace four starters from last years Region 1 championship team. It took all the young starters time to mature and come together as a team. The team is anchored by 6'2" senior post Mariah Pietrowski. She averages 16 points and 10 rebounds per game, shoots with either hand, and has great interior footwork. 5'8" junior post Jasmine Jefferson compliments her well and averages 10 points and 7 rebounds per game. 5'1" sophomore point guard Kristen Powell is fun to watch and may be one of the quickest players in the Boro. She averages about 9 assists per game. Three Lady Cyclones rotate on the wings. 5'8" sophomore Chelsea Bowling, 5'6" junior Kamra Fritz, and 5'6" sophomore Erin Kiser can all defend, shoot the three ball, and handle the basketball. 5'10" senior Erin Anderson provides post depth and toughness off the bench. All seven of these young ladies have had several games in double digits throughout the year. On any given night, any of them can explode and have a big game. The team is well balanced and well-coached. They have gotten tougher and defended with more intensity as the season has progressed. It will be interesting to see how they play on the big stage. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

The Betsy-Gibbs game was one of the best games I have ever seen. I love Betsy. They play with a lot of heart. That being said, I expect Martin-Westview to destroy them. Upper East TN girls basketball cannot begin to compete with West TN. The girls are more athletic and better coached. You have to go back to 1992 to find a state champ from this area (Ricker's great South Greene teams).

I'm still for Betsy.