WHO WLL WIN?

dreambig

Not only should the best player get this award, but the player who does the most for their team and after seeing both of them play in the last two years it has to be Christopher. GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again just an opinion...I have seen all three of these ladies play and how important "all three" are to their teams, which I think is a criteria for Miss Basketball....Hobson, who plays for McEwen is a very talented player, the same as Leonard is for her team, it would just seem to make sense that Christopher, would be the logical choice, being a Senior, helping to get her team to State (although being at State doesn't matter I don't think) anyway........all of these ladies are impressive on the floor......Congrats on the nomination!!!!

Christopher should be the Class A Miss Basketball. The only reason she might not is that some voters will remember Leonard and the play she made to win the Class A State Championship last year. Leonard should win it next year, hands down. Hobson is a very good player and was the main reason her team made it to sub-state. McEwen will miss her next year.

Christopher should be the Class A Miss Basketball. The only reason she might not is that some voters will remember Leonard and the play she made to win the Class A State Championship last year. Leonard should win it next year, hands down. Hobson is a very good player and was the main reason her team made it to sub-state. McEwen will miss her next year.

This should be given on what the player do this year. It should not matter if they are a freshmen, sophomore, junior or senior. As for next year, I think that you will have to look at Molly Heady. IMO best player in 7A this year.

UTC is not D1AA they are D1A

Sorry, when I played college ball in the Southern Conference UTC was a D1AA school. Funny how things change over the years. Dreambig (appropriate name) you need to remove your "rose colored" glasses and see things for what they are. Christopher wins this award hands down this year. She's the only player in Class A and one of very few in the state with D1 potential. She probably chose UTC because they have a great program and it's close to home. Additionally, she'll be able to see alot of playing time. In the entire country there are only a small percentage of players that will ever play at the D1 level. LL is a good solid player but her size will never allow her to play the post in D1 and post is all she can play. I sat with one of the coaches scouting the CR/JC game in Gainesboro and she said there wasn't anyone on the floor capable of playing D1 and she was 100% correct. That included both teams. How many players from 7A have signed to play at any D1 school. Go ahead and name them. The best of them will play small college ball which is great as they'll get their schooling paid for and might actually get to play. The only girl around this area that probably will play D1 is the girl from Smith County. She has the required size to do it and plays well around the basket. Other than that most of our better players are being looked at by small college coaches but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Sorry, when I played college ball in the Southern Conference UTC was a D1AA school. Funny how things change over the years. Dreambig (appropriate name) you need to remove your "rose colored" glasses and see things for what they are. Christopher wins this award hands down this year. She's the only player in Class A and one of very few in the state with D1 potential. She probably chose UTC because they have a great program and it's close to home. Additionally, she'll be able to see alot of playing time. In the entire country there are only a small percentage of players that will ever play at the D1 level. LL is a good solid player but her size will never allow her to play the post in D1 and post is all she can play. I sat with one of the coaches scouting the CR/JC game in Gainesboro and she said there wasn't anyone on the floor capable of playing D1 and she was 100% correct. That included both teams. How many players from 7A have signed to play at any D1 school. Go ahead and name them. The best of them will play small college ball which is great as they'll get their schooling paid for and might actually get to play. The only girl around this area that probably will play D1 is the girl from Smith County. She has the required size to do it and plays well around the basket. Other than that most of our better players are being looked at by small college coaches but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

kgm While i agree with you that Kayla should win the class a Miss Basketball its just not correct to say shes the only d1 prospect?.....shes not the only d1 prospect in east tn let alone the whole state.....Being a fan of Kayla is great bit lets not go off the deep end.

KGM you are mistaken my friend. I'm not sure you have a good grasp of how many D1 schools there are. Don't forget every team in the OVC and the SOCON are all D1 schools. I will guarantee you that Laken Leonard will play at the D1 level. Now I'll give you that it may not be an elite D1 school (Tennessee, Ucon, etc...), but she will play D1 ball. There are several mid major D1 schools in the state of Tennessee that would love to have her. I generally agree with your post, but you are out in left field on this one.

Sorry, I am obviously showing my age. When I played 100 years ago I played Div 1 AA and while these were Div 1 schools the AA classification signified one step below the D1 programs. These schools included all in the OVC and Southern Conference, etc. Div 1 was only the big schools like UT, Alabama, etc. These programs are the ones I am referring to now so forgive me for the misunderstanding. There are talented players in TN that will certainly play D1AA ball (TN Tech, ETSU, etc.) but you can count on one hand the ones that might end up playing in the SEC or other D1 programs of that size. This is what I am trying to say and Christopher is one I believe to possess SEC talent. She's certainly the only one in cosideration for this years Miss Basketball in Class A. And before the Gainsboro Mafia chimes in I have nothing against LL. She's a fine ball player and quality person but her size will never allow her to play post against girls that are bigger and as good or, in most cases, better. Additionally her lack of any kind of outside game will relegate her to the post so playing point or even 2 guard is not going to happen. That's not a knock on her but an honest evaluation of her skill set. CR doesn't have any D1 (again my definition) talent either as they simply are not big enough. This doesn't mean they aren't a great team with great players but big time college ball is another level completely. If Tasha Phillips, Molly Heady, and Leonard could all grow another four to five inches they'd be in the mix cause they certainly have the talent to play post just not the size.

Sorry, I am obviously showing my age. When I played 100 years ago I played Div 1 AA and while these were Div 1 schools the AA classification signified one step below the D1 programs. These schools included all in the OVC and Southern Conference, etc. Div 1 was only the big schools like UT, Alabama, etc. These programs are the ones I am referring to now so forgive me for the misunderstanding. There are talented players in TN that will certainly play D1AA ball (TN Tech, ETSU, etc.) but you can count on one hand the ones that might end up playing in the SEC or other D1 programs of that size. This is what I am trying to say and Christopher is one I believe to possess SEC talent. She's certainly the only one in cosideration for this years Miss Basketball in Class A. And before the Gainsboro Mafia chimes in I have nothing against LL. She's a fine ball player and quality person but her size will never allow her to play post against girls that are bigger and as good or, in most cases, better. Additionally her lack of any kind of outside game will relegate her to the post so playing point or even 2 guard is not going to happen. That's not a knock on her but an honest evaluation of her skill set. CR doesn't have any D1 (again my definition) talent either as they simply are not big enough. This doesn't mean they aren't a great team with great players but big time college ball is another level completely. If Tasha Phillips, Molly Heady, and Leonard could all grow another four to five inches they'd be in the mix cause they certainly have the talent to play post just not the size.

I agree with you now. All of the big post are gobbled up by your SEC type teams, but even at the SEC level not every team is considered in that elite range. Leonard and Heady will both be hybrid type players at one of the upper mid D1 programs. They will play the 3 and the 4 position depending on what type of defender they are are facing. Heady is more suited to the 4 spot and Leonard is more suited to the 3 spot, but they are both pretty good at either one. To play post at one of the big dogs like a UT or UConn you have to have more than talent and the only person that can give you that size is the good Lord. However, a free education at a school like TN Tech, ETSU, WKU etc.... is not to shabby.

I agree with you now. All of the big post are gobbled up by your SEC type teams, but even at the SEC level not every team is considered in that elite range. Leonard and Heady will both be hybrid type players at one of the upper mid D1 programs. They will play the 3 and the 4 position depending on what type of defender they are are facing. Heady is more suited to the 4 spot and Leonard is more suited to the 3 spot, but they are both pretty good at either one. To play post at one of the big dogs like a UT or UConn you have to have more than talent and the only person that can give you that size is the good Lord. However, a free education at a school like TN Tech, ETSU, WKU etc.... is not to shabby.

I agree wholeheartedly. I also should have pointed out that my position on Christopher is based on her being a guard which is not size dependant. Her ability to handle the ball and shoot the lights out makes her a prospect at any level. The single A post players are just too small to play at big schools. Both Heady and Leonard are around 5' 9" which diminishes their potential at the next level. The best all around player in D7 (in my opinion) is Tasha Phillips and she's signed to play at Carson-Newman. She'll get her college paid for and actually get to play which is much better than going to a larger school and spending all your time on the bench. I wish them all well in Miss Basketball but Christopher is a lock for this one.

I agree wholeheartedly. I also should have pointed out that my position on Christopher is based on her being a guard which is not size dependant. Her ability to handle the ball and shoot the lights out makes her a prospect at any level. The single A post players are just too small to play at big schools. Both Heady and Leonard are around 5' 9" which diminishes their potential at the next level. The best all around player in D7 (in my opinion) is Tasha Phillips and she's signed to play at Carson-Newman. She'll get her college paid for and actually get to play which is much better than going to a larger school and spending all your time on the bench. I wish them all well in Miss Basketball but Christopher is a lock for this one.

I want to make a couple of things to ad to this inquiry. First Miss Christopher is a great athlete.

But just in case LL wins this might help ease your pain somewhat. You should not let your hate

for JC to cause you to make statements that are misleading and untrue.

First if you go by winning a state championship only LL has in this group. But as you should

know there are other uncontrolled things that enter into it. LL led RBS to the final four in the

8th grade. First and only time for RBS. Her freshmen year RBS won the district. Her 10th year

at JC they won the state tournament. They lost five great seniors this year, had to rebuild

and they beat Miss Christophers team both times. They beat Livingston twice, Livingston

is the AA winner and going to the state. JC beat Cookeville twice, they are the region AAA

winner and gong to the state. They won a strong tournament field in Florida. She has about

2300 career points at years end. In D1 she could play point guard or forward. Did it ever

occur to some of you that she has been trying to help this new team come along. It has

been a hard year. She scored about 650 points. They finished 24-8. She has interest from

Old miss,Fla.,Vanderbilt,Tenn.,MTSU, Tenn. Tech,Princeton, to name a few. She would make

an excellent point guard, she has a Peyton Manning view of the court. JC will be a better

team next year, they lost no starters. I congratulate Miss Hobson, and Miss Christopher,

It is a tremendous honor to be nominated. LL is in her third nomination, we who know her

are extremely proud of her. If the roles were reversed I am sure you would say the same

thing about Miss Christopher. There will be no losers in the Miss Basketball choices. They

are all winners.