Why Does TSSAA do a Blind Draw?

hooptroop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The system allows region winners to host sectionals. I'd rather have a blind draw than computer rankings which could hurt teams that can't help if their district schedule is relatively weak (that would probably hurt McMinn Central even though they should be one of the favorites).

Why do we pull names out of a hat to determine the schedule for the STATE Tournament?

Most states do it by sections....with the top 4 meeting in State...

I am guessing they do it so the same teams are not facing each other every year. Most years 4 or 5 of the same teams make it. It creates different match ups in the first round. Imagine if CR and OS sections had to face each other every year in the first round. They would be putting each other out early every year. They have both made it almost every year for the last however many years. Just my opinion, not worth much.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If your good enough to win it what difference does it make who you play. Blind draw may cost someone a silver ball but this is the fairest way.

Well said! The best team well be left standing. Doesn't matter where you start but how you finish. To be the best you have to beat the best.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If your good enough to win it what difference does it make who you play. Blind draw may cost someone a silver ball but this is the fairest way.

i completely agree.. the best team is going to win it no matter who they play but with the blind draw it matches up different teams in a fair ways. they only thing it could cost you is the silver ball

The one thing I would like to see, is seperate the East teams from the west teams on the 1st round. Still draw the 1st round out of the hat, but it would be East vs West. That is what we all want to see anyway , right? Then if it ends up all west or all east in the final rounds, so be it. Of course it would have to be set , so that teams from the same district or region would not meet until the finals.

The one thing I would like to see, is seperate the East teams from the west teams on the 1st round. Still draw the 1st round out of the hat, but it would be East vs West. That is what we all want to see anyway , right? Then if it ends up all west or all east in the final rounds, so be it. Of course it would have to be set , so that teams from the same district or region would not meet until the finals.

I would like to see a 3rd and 4th place game. Any thoughts on this?

Personally, I thinks it's bull. All of these team are ranked so 1 should play 8, etc. That's how a tourney is supposed to be. It's supposed to reward the best teams for all they did in the regular season. Can you imagine last year if in the women's NCAAs Tennessee had played UCONN in the first game of the tournament or Stanford had played LSU. How silly and wrong is that. I realize that there's only eight teams here but again, they come in ranked so top ranked plays lowest ranked and so on. The two top ranked teams should always be in opposite brackets. Of course the current system does allow the underdog a shot.

Personally, I thinks it's bull. All of these team are ranked so 1 should play 8, etc. That's how a tourney is supposed to be. It's supposed to reward the best teams for all they did in the regular season. Can you imagine last year if in the women's NCAAs Tennessee had played UCONN in the first game of the tournament or Stanford had played LSU. How silly and wrong is that. I realize that there's only eight teams here but again, they come in ranked so top ranked plays lowest ranked and so on. The two top ranked teams should always be in opposite brackets. Of course the current system does allow the underdog a shot.

all of the teams are not ranked where did you get that from?