MISS BASKETBALL AA

ldyer

I find it odd none of the teams these girls play on made it to the state tournament, so this brings me to believe there are a few girls out there that should be on that list for Miss Basketball that are not. I think there are several good players especially out of the East that gets over-looked. Congrats to all the girls who made the list and good luck.

Why do you find that odd? One player can not carry a team to state. This is a team sport, win as a team and lose as a team. Do you find it odd that Station Camp boys team didn??™t even make it to the Regional finals? They have John Jenkins AA Mr. Basketball nominee who averages about 40 pts a game and has scored around 1600 this year. One player can not carry the complete load. There are great players all over the state but I??™m sure these 3 finalists stuck out in their own way. If I had my pick I would had definitely said Kendra Kilgore should have been a nominee but I know it doesn??™t work that way. I am Livingston Academy all the way but I have no problem telling anyone Lashey Davis is an outstanding player. We have seen her play plenty over the last few years & we played them 4 times this year and she hurt us every time. I agree with Big Daddy, I would like to see Davis win again.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all 3 girls nominated are well deserving of the award or they wouldn't be nominated. I would love to see Lashay bring home that award.It would be a great end to her outstanding high school career.But if one of the other deserving players win that will be ok.Just remember Lashay has already brought that one home once.No one could ever be disappointed with her accomplishments she has already earned.One more would be really nice though.Congrats to all nominees.Pulling for Lashay all the way!!

If she keeps shooting 50 times a game and missing 35 of the shots, she won't! A person that is voting on Ms. Basketball should most definately look at percentages too! Tell me this.... there is NO WAY you can say Chassidy has been better than Heather Butler in the post season. You've got to realize, if Butler wanted to put up 25-30 a game during the season, she could do it. However, Butler plays for Gibson Co. and has more weapons than just her and she realizes that. Fussell thinks she's the only one who can score on that team.

If she keeps shooting 50 times a game and missing 35 of the shots, she won't! A person that is voting on Ms. Basketball should most definately look at percentages too! Tell me this.... there is NO WAY you can say Chassidy has been better than Heather Butler in the post season. You've got to realize, if Butler wanted to put up 25-30 a game during the season, she could do it. However, Butler plays for Gibson Co. and has more weapons than just her and she realizes that. Fussell thinks she's the only one who can score on that team.

You are going to have find me a game where she shot 50 times....

Don't just throw out obscene numbers without proof....

She has never shot 50 times in a game...

I know some OC fans don't wanna hear it but if I'm Chassidy and I pass the ball to a wide open girl and she misses a lay-up or point blank shot at the goal or a wide open three on the wing or make a pass and hit a girl in the head or have the ball go through her hands, I stop passing and take the shot as well....Her teammates have to step up...Sorry mommies and daddies....

You have to realize that nominees are based on their entire body of work not just tournament games....Heather will get her looks next year and probably be nominated....But in the mean-time when alot of these other players are going to college and not playing ball or going to a NAIA school or low mid-major, they will be watching Chassidy play for someone in the SEC or another big-time conference....

I keep stats for OC while doing radio coverage, Chass never shot 50 times in a game, not even close. As for Butler, we all know she is a great player.

But she is not a finalist, Fussell is, and of the three that are up, she has the best stat line. All things considered, Fussell should win this, we will see.......

I am very familiar with Fussell's stats and I have seen her play several times over the past 2 seasons however I haven't seen any of the other 2 finalist's stats. Could someone enlighten me? I have a real hard time believing their numbers are going to be as good as Chassidy's. I also disagree with ripping a player just because you don't like her for one reason or another(GCP). I know how you feel about Heather but I guarantee you Butler would rather be where she is @ now with a chance to win a gold ball!

I keep stats for OC while doing radio coverage, Chass never shot 50 times in a game, not even close. As for Butler, we all know she is a great player.

But she is not a finalist, Fussell is, and of the three that are up, she has the best stat line. All things considered, Fussell should win this, we will see.......

And you know as well as I do, Fussell has to do this against every junk defense there is.....

I really look forward to seeing her next year after another off-season of weights, AAU ball all the other "on her own time" things she does...I wish every basketball player in the Rebel program, boy or girl, would take notice and follow what she does in the off-season to improve their games... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm glad you responded.....You and redbird can provide the truth on her stats seeing as how you guys see them all the time...

BTW..I don't know if you knew it or not VOREBS but two of the Lady Rebels' Kentucky opponents made it to The Sweet 16 state tourney up there....Marshall County and Henderson County....

And you know as well as I do, Fussell has to do this against every junk defense there is.....

I really look forward to seeing her next year after another off-season of weights, AAU ball all the other "on her own time" things she does...I wish every basketball player in the Rebel program, boy or girl, would take notice and follow what she does in the off-season to improve their games... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No offense, but pretty much every great scorer sees every junk defense there is... I am not trying to take away from Fussell. I would like to see her play. Just saying.

I love those kids that do the things "on her own time" along with the other things....Love for the game and the desire to be better can't be taught. Good luck to this young lady no matter the outcome of the voting. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />