Livingston vs Westview

Joe Quincy

Article about the 1996 AA Title Game

http://www.pressbox1.com/commentary09westviewtitlegame.html

That'll sure make a fellar sick...Wished I'd never brought that up. (they need a sick face!) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh well that was then this was now..We aint overlooking any one.

GO HOG-EYE!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that was the pay back for the year South Greene beat us after we blew an 11 point lead with 2 or 3 mins left in the 3rd. and lost by 15 or so. Can't remember the year but South Greene had a set of twins on that team and can't remember their names. But I think they beat us in a semi final game. I'm sure some LA or S. Greene fans can help me out just a little.

I know coach Looper was our coach. Coach Looper finished his career as a coach with 699 wins and he has been retired for at least 12 years or so maybe more. He could be coaching today if he wanted to. If he hadn't retired he would have been the all-time winningest coach in TN history. That's not only MY OPINION but a FACT.

Yeah, the twins were Jennifer and Jeanette Davis. LA and SG used to have some great games in the early 90's. Hopefully we can do it again on Saturday.

After watching both teams play, I'll have to say LA gets this one. I really don't think that Westview will be able to compete with LA across the board. LA should win this one big. Just make sure that the 'Post big-game bug" doesn't bite the LA young ladies. That thing "STINKS"!!!!!

It was a huge win for our girls vs. MC the other night. Our girls have played in more than one big game this year. Won some, lost some but no doubt battle tested. I could be wrong but I don't think that "bug" will determine the outcome of this game with Martin-Wesiview. But, outside of LA's players, coaches, and fans, some think we don't belong and the game must be played. I believe we do and our girls believe in themselves. Coach Smith has done an outstanding job this season and it has been nice watching this team grow as the season progressed through all the tough luck, adversity, injuries, scheduling and so forth to see them where they are today.

Good luck today Lady Wildcats! We are proud of you girls because "WE ARE? LA!"

It's a shame that some would take away from what these young ladies have done. They won the games that they needed to win, and those teams that were "expected" to win didn't, or they would still be at the 'boro. That being said, I do know what "they" might mean. I sat Wednesday and Thursday and watched teams play that were no better then some of those "weak" teams that we see back home, AA and especially AAA. But more then anything, it shows just how hard it is to make it to the 'boro'. The format of tournament play is win or go home. Teams that can turn it on when they need to make it, and teams that can't go home. That's what makes it so exciting. It also shows that not all teams travel to the 'boro by the same road. Not all teams have to play a 7AA to get there only to dray a 7AA team first round.

Tell the girls that they belong here. I'll be watching them play tomorrow (Sat)

I'll be the one cheering for South Green /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

it really amazes me how you give the west tn teams no chance, you say it takes a good team to get this far and there are two teams from 13aa in the final four of the state. they did what they had to do and they are now there wheree everyone wants to be at this time of the year. lets make it an all district 13aa state championship!!!!!!!!!!!