South Greene vs Gibson County

dodgerdude

Everyone sees the world different, I guess. Puzzles me at times.

South Green wins this one. "Gibson's post running the floor?" No one must have watched the post of South Green run the floor. Yes, Gibson has a great little ball handler/shooter. South Green has 3. Gibson is a speed bump in South Green's road to gold this year. They'll feel a bump, but it won't stop em.

well well well look like that little ball handler-shooter killed sg

it was a speed bump alight one for sg one that they will never forget

but hey we hope to see u again next year GC!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. South Green can't and shouldn't say it. But I'm not part of South Green, nor even seen them til this week. But South Green got hosed the first half with some of the worse calling that I've seen in a while. And someone needs to inform the refs what is and what isn't back court. But to be fair, the calling evened out somewhat in the second half, but South Green had done got their heads down. Tough luck South Green.

I'm not going to be totally one sided so perhaps Gibson fans won't shout out TOO loud. Gibson has a good team. They have a good point, and good post and have players that don't hurt them filling in around these players. Gibson is able to beat any team here this week. I just wish we could have watched 5 on 5 instead of 5 on 8.

After speaking with some folks that have seen South Green more often this year, they seem to have games where they look like the best team in Tennessee, but once in a while have a game where they loose their head. Today could have just been one of those days. You have to bring your A game to the 'boro. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I have no favorites, just wanting to see a great game. AA is going to be the only game worth the price of admission, and that's with a tournament special seating. Make me glad I'm there ladies.

Well. South Green can't and shouldn't say it. But I'm not part of South Green, nor even seen them til this week. But South Green got hosed the first half with some of the worse calling that I've seen in a while. And someone needs to inform the refs what is and what isn't back court. But to be fair, the calling evened out somewhat in the second half, but South Green had done got their heads down. Tough luck South Green.

I'm not going to be totally one sided so perhaps Gibson fans won't shout out TOO loud. Gibson has a good team. They have a good point, and good post and have players that don't hurt them filling in around these players. Gibson is able to beat any team here this week. I just wish we could have watched 5 on 5 instead of 5 on 8.

After speaking with some folks that have seen South Green more often this year, they seem to have games where they look like the best team in Tennessee, but once in a while have a game where they loose their head. Today could have just been one of those days. You have to bring your A game to the 'boro. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I have no favorites, just wanting to see a great game. AA is going to be the only game worth the price of admission, and that's with a tournament special seating. Make me glad I'm there ladies.

sure, the refs caused them to make all of those turnovers and miss all of those shot. the refs also didn't shoot the ball for gc, it was never a close game for the refs to lose for them

So you think those 3 refs had something to do with South Greene's 26 turnovers?.....or was it Gibson Co.'s pressure defense? Did those 3 refs make a 20 point difference in the game?..... or was it that Gibson Co. team?(that didn't even shoot good as they did during the regular season)

Here's something for you people to think about... Gibson Co. only graduates 3 girls that play, #34 Brittney Garner, #10 Jeniqua Jennings, #33 Erica Schlesinger. We have 95% of our scoring returning next year!

Did the refs effect the game? Most definitely. To be down only 9 at half with the calls that they had, I thought that they could still manage to pull it out. If you look at what LA did, they got what they thought was some bad calls, was outshot at the free throw line, but still managed to pull out the win. South Green had a real shot at coming out in the second half and just focus on winning one section of the game at a time, but they had their heads down. By the mid third quarter South Green lost their head. Pressure had a role in that, but so did the weak fouls called against SG. To win here, you need skill, luck, and toughness. All I'm saying is SG had skill, but bad luck, and lacked some toughness. To make you feel better, Gibson has skill, got some luck, and showed some toughness.

I have seen South Greene plenty, as they play in our district. They beat people with pressure, quickness, physical play, and intimidation. They are a little thin inside and rely on runs generated by pressure, three point shots, and Dye's drives to the goal. Today they ran in to a very good team that neutralized all of their normal advantages. Gibson Co. was a little bigger and as quick or quicker than South Greene. Butler is the best guard that they have probably seen all year. Dye was called for charges on her torpedo drives, which are often called blocks at home. Their outside shots were rushed and not falling. Teams that press hate to be pressed and very few teams at home believe that they can press South Greene. Gibson Co. pressed them to death, creating frustration and a bucket load of turnovers. It was a great season for South Greene and they are rising back to their former level of tradition, but today Gibson Co. out South Greened South Greene.

I have seen South Greene plenty, as they play in our district. They beat people with pressure, quickness, physical play, and intimidation. They are a little thin inside and rely on runs generated by pressure, three point shots, and Dye's drives to the goal. Today they ran in to a very good team that neutralized all of their normal advantages. Gibson Co. was a little bigger and as quick or quicker than South Greene. Butler is the best guard that they have probably seen all year. Dye was called for charges on her torpedo drives, which are often called blocks at home. Their outside shots were rushed and not falling. Teams that press hate to be pressed and very few teams at home believe that they can press South Greene. Gibson Co. pressed them to death, creating frustration and a bucket load of turnovers. It was a great season for South Greene and they are rising back to their former level of tradition, but today Gibson Co. out South Greened South Greene.

Tough to get beaten by your own game