Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

lol u know i thought the same thing myself... come to find out that simply is not true! oh well that is neither here nor there... i'm goin to bed. i love all them baconators out there and i'll see u tomorrow night /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> lookin forward to it! good luck to both teams!

Yall have a good night. Maybe we can meet up at the game tomorrow and talk for a min before or after the game. Talk to yall in the moring.And Remember its HOGEYE not Bacon!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two great teams match up with LA vs GC, but I think GC is the better of the two. Guard play, post play, great coaching, GC has been on another level since the District tournament started. Unless GC has a melt down, which they will not, GC will win it's first State Championship today.

Good luck GC!!

I can tell you this, from a Clarkrange fan it sure has been fun watching LA in this tournament. A lot of people had given them up for dead, but they have come alive. They have had to go through some good teams to get to this point and they believe it is their year. I remember a couple of years ago their football team was 5 and 5 in the regular season and ended up winning the state championship. A true team of destiny. This girls basketball team sure seams to be headed down that same path. LA will have to slay another giant to get the gold ball, but anything is possible! Good luck today LA, I will be hanging around to shout a few HOG EYE HOG EYE TNT's.

i'll agree that they played with alot more intensity than in the regional champ. as i think westview came in thinking they had no chance. i'll give ya that. we played one of the best games all year when we beat them in district tourney( i will say if we play like that i see nobody beating us) but that being said we are all just fans supporting our team with hopefully no hard feelings and the girls will be the one to settle it. la is very capable of beating gc but i just feel this is the year for us bc we are putting teams away when we need too

thanks for the reply...WV gave a valiant effort yesterday or so I thought.. Well I hope you dont play like you did in the district tourney...No hard feelings here..I like this back and forth banter and we proven it can be done with out negatives..15 pages over night..you kidding me.

Thru all the fun and games...I hope you Pilgrims choke on all this bacon we fixin to bring!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HOG-EYE!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!

I can tell you this, from a Clarkrange fan it sure has been fun watching LA in this tournament. A lot of people had given them up for dead, but they have come alive. They have had to go through some good teams to get to this point and they believe it is their year. I remember a couple of years ago their football team was 5 and 5 in the regular season and ended up winning the state championship. A true team of destiny. This girls basketball team sure seams to be headed down that same path. LA will have to slay another giant to get the gold ball, but anything is possible! Good luck today LA, I will be hanging around to shout a few HOG EYE HOG EYE TNT's.

Thanks MamaKin! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> We are pulling for Clarkrange as well!

GO LA!

Oh I see. Now we know who wears the pants around Gibson Co. All the guys are momma's boys. SIZZLE SIZZLE

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go LA - WIN! Bring back that GOLD BALL TO THE 7AA!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wished we could be playing ya'll in the championship, but since we DID NOT STEP UP! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

GO BIG BLUE!!! Make the Upper Cumberland proud!!

Look out GC - you better be ready!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ill Speak WHEN AND WHERE I WANT TO and Id love to see you try and stop me!! McMinn was a good team we had the better night. You play the schedual that we did and id love to see your record still have a zero on the end of it.

i would love to see the lady Ps play your schedule too.. i bet they would come out with no more than 1 loss... i like how people on here are sayin GC hasnt played the schedule LA has.. who cares.. they beat the best that they played at the time and beat the heck out of em at that... ill be heading to the boro after while and ill be there to see this so called LA team you are saying is that much better than westview that they only beat em by 4...unless you are computer illiterate LA_Wildcats, you shouold check out GCs page on here and see what the average score was that GC beat westview by... LAs schedule doesnt impress me at all... two teams on that schedule would maybe give GC a run for their money..MAYBE!!!!! but we shall see who the best is today...

good luck pioneers..

[SUEY

I'd like to relate a true story about a State Championship game which occured a fews years back. The 2 teams involved both had outstanding records coming into the finals. However, one team was a huge favorite to capture the gold. This team had only lost twice (once to the nation's top ranked team according to USA Today), had 2 All American players, and had pretty much breezed thru the season. On the morning of the finals, I was sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Murfreesboro when the coach of the underdog team sat down at the next table to do an interview with a radio station from his area. As I recall, this coach said "Very few people in the State of Tennessee give us a chance against XXXXXX in today's game. They may be right. But we've been successfull doing what we do this season. We won't change today. If we get beaten as bad as everyone predicts, then so be it."

The year was 1996. The heavy favorite was Livingston Academy. The LA All Americans were Sunday Watson and Tiffany Krantz. The huge underdog was Martin Westview.

Martin Westview was , for one hour, the best team on the floor that day and the STATE CHAMPION!!!!

This just might be the year when LIVINGSTON ACADEMY wins another as the underdog!!!!!

Remember also that in 1999, LA was a big underdog in the finals to a Jackson County team which had beaten LA 4 consecutive times prior to the finals. Guess what? LA WON THE GOLD !!!!!

GO HOGEYE IT AIN'T OVER TILL YOU SAY IT'S OVER

I'd like to relate a true story about a State Championship game which occured a fews years back. The 2 teams involved both had outstanding records coming into the finals. However, one team was a huge favorite to capture the gold. This team had only lost twice (once to the nation's top ranked team according to USA Today), had 2 All American players, and had pretty much breezed thru the season. On the morning of the finals, I was sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Murfreesboro when the coach of the underdog team sat down at the next table to do an interview with a radio station from his area. As I recall, this coach said "Very few people in the State of Tennessee give us a chance against XXXXXX in today's game. They may be right. But we've been successfull doing what we do this season. We won't change today. If we get beaten as bad as everyone predicts, then so be it."

The year was 1996. The heavy favorite was Livingston Academy. The LA All Americans were Sunday Watson and Tiffany Krantz. The huge underdog was Martin Westview.

Martin Westview was , for one hour, the best team on the floor that day and the STATE CHAMPION!!!!

This just might be the year when LIVINGSTON ACADEMY wins another as the underdog!!!!!

Remember also that in 1999, LA was a big underdog in the finals to a Jackson County team which had beaten LA 4 consecutive times prior to the finals. Guess what? LA WON THE GOLD !!!!!

GO HOGEYE IT AIN'T OVER TILL YOU SAY IT'S OVER

Great post Hondac.

Coach Smith has been here several times as a player and a coach. And I have all the confidence in the world that she will have our girls ready to play. Our girls need to play smart and protect the ball. Play hard on defense and let the chips fall where they may. And we just might slay another big giant on the way to a State Title.