Class A Top 5

goosevol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Clarkrange, there are a few teams who could beat each other on any given night. My other 4 teams, in no particular order, would be Hampton, Oliver Springs, Madison, and Forrest. You have to go with the teams in the semis and Forrest was the best team that wasn't in the Final 4. It's too hard to really rank 2-5...

After watching the state tournament this is just my opinion but here would be my feeling about the best teams in the state regardless of who made it to Murfreesboro. Clark Range is head and shoulders above all the teams. I would love to see a Clark Range/Gibson County match right now.

1.Clark Range

2. tie Jackson County

2. tie Bradford

4. Forrest

5. Oliver Springs

6. Lake County

7. Madison

8. Hampton

9. Cornersville

10. Pickett County

After watching the state tournament this is just my opinion but here would be my feeling about the best teams in the state regardless of who made it to Murfreesboro. Clark Range is head and shoulders above all the teams. I would love to see a Clark Range/Gibson County match right now.

1.Clark Range

2. tie Jackson County

2. tie Bradford

4. Forrest

5. Oliver Springs

6. Lake County

7. Madison

8. Hampton

9. Cornersville

10. Pickett County

It was nice meeting you at the tournament and I would love to see that game also. Would be a pretty good one! This list is pretty close. I am not sure on Bradford because I didn't get to see them play, but I now understand why they were so mad about the refs when they played Madison. After a pass they would run up underneath your passer and flop and usually they got the call. Coach Rogers made the officials aware of that before the game and they watched the passer a second longer so they weren't deceived. They got the benefit of every call the first 2 games and then the officials caught on.

options,

It was nice to meet you as well. I really think Bradford would play Clark Range closer than anybody in the state this year if the refs let them play physical. I dont think Bradford would win but I think it would be a closer game than any state tournament game than CR played. Bradford is the most physical team that I saw this year and they got away with playing physical until their final game in substate. New refs who havent seen them plus the fact that Madison knew how to draw fouls or flop whichever you want to call it. If you call it close then Bradford is not nearly the team that they are playing rough.

Its all beside the point, this was Clark Range's year. Congratulation Buffalos!

After Clarkrange, there are a few teams who could beat each other on any given night. My other 4 teams, in no particular order, would be Hampton, Oliver Springs, Madison, and Forrest. You have to go with the teams in the semis and Forrest was the best team that wasn't in the Final 4. It's too hard to really rank 2-5...

Clarkrange was the best team by far this year no one close. However no way Hampton or Madison is even in the discussion of a top 5 team. Forrest, Jackson Co. and Bradford would be the next 3 in line and then maybe OS. Didn't get to watch the championship game but listened to it on the radio and Madison was never close except at the tipoff. JC beat OS twice and had should have been playing C'range for the Cshp but it wouldn't have mattered, Crange was a team of destiny this year! next year it will be more of the same only it will be JC hoisting the Gold as we didn't lose any starters and C'range loses alot! but they have Reid and Heady back so i see them right back in the state again next year and they are my pick to bring home the silver!

........ next year it will be more of the same only it will be JC hoisting the Gold as we didn't lose any starters and C'range loses alot! but they have Reid and Heady back so i see them right back in the state again next year and they are my pick to bring home the silver!

You may be surprised but we'll keep it under the rader.

...........but you may be right as well because you never know what new players may shift teams in 7A.

Clarkrange was the best team by far this year no one close. However no way Hampton or Madison is even in the discussion of a top 5 team. Forrest, Jackson Co. and Bradford would be the next 3 in line and then maybe OS. Didn't get to watch the championship game but listened to it on the radio and Madison was never close except at the tipoff. JC beat OS twice and had should have been playing C'range for the Cshp but it wouldn't have mattered, Crange was a team of destiny this year! next year it will be more of the same only it will be JC hoisting the Gold as we didn't lose any starters and C'range loses alot! but they have Reid and Heady back so i see them right back in the state again next year and they are my pick to bring home the silver!

Don't belittle Hampton and Madison because they made the tournament. If a team was truly a top ten caliber they would have made it to the show. Give these teams credit because they did it the hard way and you still give them no credit. If these other teams were as good as you say they shouldn't have had any trouble getting there. The best teams at the beginning or middle of the season are not necessarily the best ones at the end.

Don't belittle Hampton and Madison because they made the tournament. If a team was truly a top ten caliber they would have made it to the show. Give these teams credit because they did it the hard way and you still give them no credit. If these other teams were as good as you say they shouldn't have had any trouble getting there. The best teams at the beginning or middle of the season are not necessarily the best ones at the end.

I would count Madison and Hampton in the top 5 since Madison finished 2nd in the state and Hampton finished tied for 3rd in the state. But I guess it makes too much sense to use the tournaments as a way to judge the teams...