Class A Top 5

goosevol

After watching the state tournament this is just my opinion but here would be my feeling about the best teams in the state regardless of who made it to Murfreesboro. Clark Range is head and shoulders above all the teams. I would love to see a Clark Range/Gibson County match right now.

1.Clark Range

2. tie Jackson County

2. tie Bradford

4. Forrest

5. Oliver Springs

6. Lake County

7. Madison

8. Hampton

9. Cornersville

10. Pickett County

How do you have not PC at least # 3?they have the 3 G's back(garner,garrett,and gibson)They will easily be ranked in the top 3 next year,well if they will play as a team.And Madison at #7?hahahah!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't belittle Hampton and Madison because they made the tournament. If a team was truly a top ten caliber they would have made it to the show. Give these teams credit because they did it the hard way and you still give them no credit. If these other teams were as good as you say they shouldn't have had any trouble getting there. The best teams at the beginning or middle of the season are not necessarily the best ones at the end.

finally some sense..

all this talk of Bradford being in a tie for two!? and madison at 7 and 8!?

madison beat Bradford for substate, and then made it to the state championship.

of course Clarkrange is 1 but all the hate on madison just makes no sense

How do you have not PC at least # 3?they have the 3 G's back(garner,garrett,and gibson)They will easily be ranked in the top 3 next year,well if they will play as a team.And Madison at #7?hahahah!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

maybe you misunderstood the topic... the subject is this years best teams even after the state tourny..

not next year's

1.Clarkrange

2.Forrest

3.Madison

4.Oliver Springs

5. Bradford

6.JC

finally some sense..

all this talk of Bradford being in a tie for two!? and madison at 7 and 8!?

madison beat Bradford for substate, and then made it to the state championship.

of course Clarkrange is 1 but all the hate on madison just makes no sense

maybe you misunderstood the topic... the subject is this years best teams even after the state tourny..

not next year's

1.Clarkrange

2.Forrest

3.Madison

4.Oliver Springs

5. Bradford

6.Lake County

7.Hampton

8.Cornersville

9.Pickett county

10. JC

madisonmaniac, were you the dude on the jumbo tron from Madison that was painted up going crazy and winning the fan of the game award?

hahahaha yessir

your right, and Cloudland is probably not the only team that like that. However, that is what the state tournament is for. to rank the best teams

It's not to rank the best teams, it is to decide who the best team is. I am not taking away from any team there, they all earned that right to be there. The blind draw just changed who was going to get the silver. I believe that it takes just one bad game and a few bad calls to help determine the state line-up. There were several teams that could have challenged on the other side of the bracket from CR that was left out. But that is the excitment of the tournaments. Everyone gets their shot, but not everyone gets to move on. All the teams that made it deserved it. In my opinion, JC would still be ranked #2 for sure. The reason a team like PC could beat them is the fact they have seen them several times and it is hard to beat good teams over and over again. JC was exposed by the way CR played them, PC put that strategy to work several times and finally caught their guards on an off night. The teams outside our district wouldn't have any ideal about that strategy or how to execute it. We executed plays in state that we could never get by with against our top district opponents, they know us too well. I think both JC and Celina could of challenged that side of the bracket easily. If not for the 10-12 offensive fouls called against PC, they would of been playing against CR in the finals. But all that is mute, MAM got the silver and they had to win all their games to get there. But I still can't rank them any higher than 7 or 8. Congrats to them on the hardware, enjoy it.

not next year's

1.Clarkrange

2.Forrest

3.Madison

4.Oliver Springs

5. Bradford

6.JC

Clarkrange first but second should be madison and tie for third between hampton and oliver springs. forrest didnt make it to the semis.so they should be seventh not second. why is bradford even on the list they didnt make it to state