Chattanooga GRACE vs the other grace

gomocs1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both should play in Division II Class A...half the schools in the tournament are private, even though public scjhools outnumber them 4 to 1. It's the same thing every year with the recruiting schools getting to play public schools and keep the public schools out of the tournament. All private schools should at least be in AA. I don't care how upset the private schools get over this, it will NEVER be fair until they are in the private school division by themselves or everybody gets to recruit! Go...Humboldt, Manassas, Cloudland and Summertown!

OK, lets talk about schedule strength. Fresh off of the coacht website.

-Grace Christian Academy-

(Schedule Strength)

12. Grace Christian 54.3%

(Strength + Success)

4. Grace Christian 1.361

-Grace Baptist Academy-

(Schedule Strength)

84. Grace Baptist Academy 42.4%

(Strength + Success)

9. Grace Baptist Academy 1.262

So, as you can see,our schedule strength is 12th hardest in the state in class A and 4th in the strength + success rankings. Big difference between the Grace's if you ask me. Get your facts straight before you make incorrect posts.

Go Rams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for clearing that up!! Let's go RAMS!!!!!

Both should play in Division II Class A...half the schools in the tournament are private, even though public scjhools outnumber them 4 to 1. It's the same thing every year with the recruiting schools getting to play public schools and keep the public schools out of the tournament. All private schools should at least be in AA. I don't care how upset the private schools get over this, it will NEVER be fair until they are in the private school division by themselves or everybody gets to recruit! Go...Humboldt, Manassas, Cloudland and Summertown!

bitter much?

I usually appreciate dadoffour's comments but I don't think I agree with him on this one.

Obviously anything can happen in the State Tournament (i.e. Grace beating CPA in '04 and Humboldt in '06).

I just don't see Grace Baptist coming out flat. I know what you are saying about playing well in a rivalry game, but what about how well they played against C'Range in the sub state game? Grace came out with lots of defensive intensity to start both halves and that was the key. They could have said "We've beat these guys by 16 twice already. We can cruise into the state now." But they didn't. I think Grace Baptist has grown up a lot since that loss to SilverDale.

There is no doubt Knox Grace is a quality team and that Cleveland stat is impressive...

All I am saying is that I doubt any team can't find the fire within to get ready for a State Tourney showdown

GO GRACE BAPTIST GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!size]

I have never seen the level of bitterness as I have in Tennessee over the private school issue. I was involved with the GHSA for years, and I can assure you public schools recruit just as much. Kids use PO boxes so they can "live" in a certain district, and in some cases, families purchased a piece of land and put a mailbox and a cabin on it to claim residency in a certain area. I have seen cases of people being given favorable real estate deals in order to have a particular player live in a certain area. I have no dog in this hunt, but the public school folks need to get down off of their white horse and realize that public schools cheat and recruit just like private ones.

chatt grace should roll by 20 but if they play bad knox grace may make it closer. i know knox grace has a 6'4 point gaurd but i dont see how that makes them any better. considering we have shaugnessy and herman, two d1 players, and the rest arent shabby either. chatt grace has so many scorers who will u try to stop? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

now Grace does not have a 6'4 point gaurd,thier point gaurd is basically point gaurd by committee,pridemore is a sub 6'0 shooting/point gaurd best player on team,very good shooter,Amos is another gaurd not much of a shooter but hard nosed, gets trash points comes to the boards hard but gets a lot of charges called against him.Slusher is the 6'5 shooting gaurd,very good shooter will drive to basket does not finish great around basket for a tall kid,much better on perimeter,loses his cool easily puts the team in bad situations at times,gets alot of technicals cause he likes to talk trash,could be a very good ball player if not for attitude,pridgeon #55, 6'0-6'1 is best defender on team will shoot the three and shoots it well tough kid.The rest are role players post game is nill to none,bench is about 2 deep,but if they start hitting outside, and they will at some point, are tough to defend,saying this chatt Grace will win this game because they have the inside out game,for gca to win they have to out rebound chatt grace, will not happen,will be hard for gca to win this game without a good inside game.I dont think it will be 20 point win though maybe 10-14.

I'm picking an upset in this one, with Grace Knox. winning. They put up 82 in Chattanooga against a nomally stingy Cleveland defense. They've got state experience, and some hungry seniors who know this is their last chance.

Grace Baptist has the tools to win state, IMO, but I'm not sure they've got the mental fortitude. They played great in the district and region championships, but it was against a rival team that they not only hated, but had figured out how to play. I think they'll come out flat, and go home early.

dadoffour

That's quite a change from your March 11 post in the Temple Dynasty thread, where you picked GB to win the state. Why the change of heart?

I have never seen the level of bitterness as I have in Tennessee over the private school issue. I was involved with the GHSA for years, and I can assure you public schools recruit just as much. Kids use PO boxes so they can "live" in a certain district, and in some cases, families purchased a piece of land and put a mailbox and a cabin on it to claim residency in a certain area. I have seen cases of people being given favorable real estate deals in order to have a particular player live in a certain area. I have no dog in this hunt, but the public school folks need to get down off of their white horse and realize that public schools cheat and recruit just like private ones.

LOL...very good post. I agree with some of this post by oldschool54. The main difference is only that the TSSAA requires a 1 year sit out usually, so basically it isn't sanctioned. I'm all for the private schools recruiting, I don't really see anything wrong with it. One of my best friend's son was offered a "scholarship" to come and play baseball and it would have saved his family several thousand dollars. It is amazing how putting the word Academy behind something can change funding and sport rules. I don't have a problem with it, if the kid is that good---let his family choose.

dadoffour

That's quite a change from your March 11 post in the Temple Dynasty thread, where you picked GB to win the state. Why the change of heart?

Maybe the change of heart came on March 14 when the brackets were determined.He thinks Temple has a good chance at making the final game so he is probably praying for any team to beat Grace Baptist. As a Temple fan, he would rather play any other team in the championship game than Grace. He knows that Grace has Temple's number due to the fact that Grace has beat them the last three games they have played.