Austin East losing a Big Time Player

Turtle

Brandon Lopez has been accepted to Christ School in North Carolina. I feel as though this is a major blow to the Roadrunner program. However, I feel as though it will benefit Lopez. He's a heck of a player and I know for sure he'll be playing D1 and in the NBA within the next 7 years. I feel as though any player who has a chance to go to a Prep School should go. Brandon will not only be playing for a National rank prep school but he'll gain the experience of playing in a college type atmosphere night in and night out. Some advice for you players; Get your head in your books and you to could be just like Brandon and getting recognize from teams all over. Its not all about playing sports its about academics too. Brandon had the grades to get this chance to be accepting to a program like this. I gotta make sure I get his autograph before he leaves, I know its going to be worth some money in the long run /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now its time to hear what all the haters are going to say. I've already heard this one "Mitchell is really going to show how he can't coach now he loses his best player for next year!" Well, with that said, it takes a team to win a championship. Yes, Brandon played a major role in the Roadrunner program however, he didn't score all the points in every game. Therefore, I say AE and Coach Mitchell will be ok.. Others will just have to step up to make up for this major lost.

Now what are your thoughts on this exciting news for Brandon but sad news for AE/Coach Mitchell?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! well i guess ae is going to have a "rebuilding" yr next yr huh? first they're losing twins, lundy, now lopez n as much trouble as pryor stays in he probably wont be around much longer either...oh n u cant say that the bench will step up b/c i saw them play multiple times this yr n the bench is NOT going to get it done...sad day for the roadrunner faithfuls... but if steele ends up going to Oak Hill like the rumors are saying then it will be pretty even matched for the rivalry next yr

Brandon Lopez has been accepted to Christ School in North Carolina. I feel as though this is a major blow to the Roadrunner program. However, I feel as though it will benefit Lopez. He's a heck of a player and I know for sure he'll be playing D1 and in the NBA within the next 7 years. I feel as though any player who has a chance to go to a Prep School should go. Brandon will not only be playing for a National rank prep school but he'll gain the experience of playing in a college type atmosphere night in and night out. Some advice for you players; Get your head in your books and you to could be just like Brandon and getting recognize from teams all over. Its not all about playing sports its about academics too. Brandon had the grades to get this chance to be accepting to a program like this. I gotta make sure I get his autograph before he leaves, I know its going to be worth some money in the long run /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now its time to hear what all the haters are going to say. I've already heard this one "Mitchell is really going to show how he can't coach now he loses his best player for next year!" Well, with that said, it takes a team to win a championship. Yes, Brandon played a major role in the Roadrunner program however, he didn't score all the points in every game. Therefore, I say AE and Coach Mitchell will be ok.. Others will just have to step up to make up for this major lost.

Now what are your thoughts on this exciting news for Brandon but sad news for AE/Coach Mitchell?

I guess he won't have the chance to try and beat Bearden again /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrats to Lopez on his acceptance, and it would be awesome if Steele could go to Oak Hill. It's good to see players from East TN getting the respect they deserve and having opportunities to improve their game and capitalize on their talent and God-given abilities. Wilson from Carter may get the opportunity in a year or so. It's awesome for Fulton and A-E to get this recognition, good job Coaches Mitchell and Wright. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Grades or the lack of a test score are generally the reason these kids leave to go to these prep schools.

Oak Hill thrives because they get the great players that may not qualify at the next level eligible. College coaches encourage these kids to go there to get "magic grades" and become eligible.

AE lost a great player. I agree 100%. Lopez is a future D1 player. I'm not sure about the NBA thing , though. I like Lopez alot. Major upside.

I would be shocked if Steele ends up at Oak Hill. I just don't see that happening. I could be wrong though.

Well that kid from franklin(kevin???) who isnt nearly as good as steele went to Oakl Hill this year... but he doesnt play at all. And yea, im not sure about that NBA thing either too.

Play at your school if youre good enough they'll find you.I'm pretty sure that was Bruce Pearl that I saw up at the Grainger vs Carter game in the little town of Rutledge.These kids at these prep schools are putting too much of their life on a basketball game a very few can make a living playing basketball.So no Turtle I don't think congrats are in order here.Wow I didn't know we were destroying a program when we upset AE hey if we done this everytime AE beat us we wouldn't even still have a program.Gotta go.Getting packed for the Boro.GO HORNETS!!!!!

Play at your school if youre good enough they'll find you.I'm pretty sure that was Bruce Pearl that I saw up at the Grainger vs Carter game in the little town of Rutledge.These kids at these prep schools are putting too much of their life on a basketball game a very few can make a living playing basketball.So no Turtle I don't think congrats are in order here.Wow I didn't know we were destroying a program when we upset AE hey if we done this everytime AE beat us we wouldn't even still have a program.Gotta go.Getting packed for the Boro.GO HORNETS!!!!!

I for 1 think it is great Lopez has the chance for more exposure, and i dont believe Carter beating AE for once will destroy AE basketball, if i was a Hornet fan i would be more worried that i could get embarrased by BTW at STATE than reliving the AE win over and over, by the way qbsdad dont pack to heavy, could be a short stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!