Who is the best in East Tn.

VoLsFAn666

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What 5A team will be the best in East Tn this year?

Which for Clinton to make a run with a good senior class lead by Stone and Hazelhurst and transfer like Dee Shannon, Ryan Sharpe and with up coming super star freshman Camion Patrick will give Stone lots of weapons

Didnt South and Tn high lose alot?

South lost it's best Offense in the history of the school as far as being a true triple threat O. They return a brand new triple threat O (New QB, new RB, new primary WR) but with a different focus. They won't have the ultra deep air game that was a mainstay in '08. Their airforce will be much less explosive for '09 but consistant just the same. With arguably the best O line in school history for '09 they will have a power focus. Not a normal asset for South who usually has a speed oriented O. They will have a fast backfield but their line will be agile and powerful enough for any new set Stacy conjours up. Look for South's D to be full of vetran pre-season All Staters what with 2 270lb. DT's and 2 fast 225lb. LB's along with an experienced backfield. Weak point? Kicking game...as always.

Tn High looks to field it's best O since 2004. Bristol, who is known for lockdown D will be hard pressed to field anything close to it's signature D especially when compared to South. Shephard and Co. will be a powerload. Kicking game is always competitive.

South lost it's best Offense in the history of the school as far as being a true triple threat O. They return a brand new triple threat O (New QB, new RB, new primary WR) but with a different focus. They won't have the ultra deep air game that was a mainstay in '08. Their airforce will be much less explosive for '09 but consistant just the same. With arguably the best O line in school history for '09 they will have a power focus. Not a normal asset for South who usually has a speed oriented O. They will have a fast backfield but their line will be agile and powerful enough for any new set Stacy conjours up. Look for South's D to be full of vetran pre-season All Staters what with 2 270lb. DT's and 2 fast 225lb. LB's along with an experienced backfield. Weak point? Kicking game...as always.

Tn High looks to field it's best O since 2004. Bristol, who is known for lockdown D will be hard pressed to field anything close to it's signature D especially when compared to South. Shephard and Co. will be a powerload. Kicking game is always competitive.

I only got to see South play once last year, and that was against Mo East. They won the game, but should have lost it. There O line looked great that game, alot coming back? But there D line looked a little weak. any improvement there?

I only got to see South play once last year, and that was against Mo East. They won the game, but should have lost it. There O line looked great that game, alot coming back? But there D line looked a little weak. any improvement there?

The '08 South Seniors made the kiss of death mistake by looking to Maryville. After dominating Tennessee High in the MLC Championship game they convinced themselves they were invincible. Which ultimately sent them home.

Take nothing away from MoEast. They were ready to play. But so was Cherokee. When playoff time comes .500 teams can conjour up just the right motivation to do what has not been done in their regular season. The same way teams that run the table can take an opponent lightly and walk the tightrope. MoEast was not the better team but they sure should have won that game. Probably the best team we played all season...including Greeneville.

The O line will be better and more consistant. You can't replace a Hunter Beedle and a TJ Blanken but they will come very close. And yes...the D line and overall D was relatively weak in '08 but not due to personnel. You will see the same D but with predominately Seniors for '09 that have been starters for 3 years. The '09 Rebel D will rival the '06 D featuring JD, Paul Wingfield, Andrew Murray, Chris Collins and the like. South has it all...once again. What they do with it? To be seen.

Their airforce will be much less explosive for '09 but consistant just the same.

comp,

I repectfully disagree. Not sure where you get that. Last year's passing game was really just a game of 1 on 1 catch. Don't misunderstand, they did what they did well last year. The '09 airforce will be more explosive and there's a renewed excitement at South. It will start with maybe the smartest field general QB South has had. He may not be Curt speedwise, but noone else in East TN has been, but I'd venture to say he's brilliant in running the O. He's smart and sees the whole field well. He's accurate and QB1 will use all his receivers. QB1 believes in his WR corp and they believe in him. He will find the WR that is open. I'd look for him to also check to the mismatches and will air it out, or look to the open crossing route from the back side. The passing game will be harder to cover in '09. Also, overall, the WR corp loses nothing speedwise or in quickness. '09 WR1 and WR2 will be a wash or faster this year. It is TBD who the WR3 and WR4 will be, but I have heard several names that would be solid and fast. It will be fun again this year.

comp,

I repectfully disagree. Not sure where you get that. Last year's passing game was really just a game of 1 on 1 catch. Don't misunderstand, they did what they did well last year. The '09 airforce will be more explosive and there's a renewed excitement at South. It will start with maybe the smartest field general QB South has had. He may not be Curt speedwise, but noone else in East TN has been, but I'd venture to say he's brilliant in running the O. He's smart and sees the whole field well. He's accurate and QB1 will use all his receivers. QB1 believes in his WR corp and they believe in him. He will find the WR that is open. I'd look for him to also check to the mismatches and will air it out, or look to the open crossing route from the back side. The passing game will be harder to cover in '09. Also, overall, the WR corp loses nothing speedwise or in quickness. '09 WR1 and WR2 will be a wash or faster this year. It is TBD who the WR3 and WR4 will be, but I have heard several names that would be solid and fast. It will be fun again this year.

QB1=Browning

WR1=Van Dyne

all Farragut