Who is the best in East Tn.

VoLsFAn666

But, until we beat D-B, I'm afraid we just have to hunker down and take it. ; It's been done allready,but it has been a while for South.I think my old school was the last local team to beat the Tribe. This year they are very young and don't have a lot of senior leaders at DB,so while a victory would be great for South,TH and SH fans.It would be a much more impressive thing to me for this young DB team to beat all of them.The Tribe will compete with SH for first place in most of the next many years.TH will have great teams because of the great athletes up in Bristol, and South will round out the top half .The kids that I know going to the other schools are in a tough spot however.I'd love to see Central get a coaching staff that could keep the fine feeder system together all the way up.I guess what I'm saying is,if teams can't beat the Tribe this year,it may be a while for most of them.So I would party on,nomatter how watered down this year might be.A win is a win !

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw it. Impressive if you can get past the whole Notre Dame feel! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> They were DII 3 or 4 years ago and moved to 3A. Now with whole new classification system, since they are a private school playing a public schedule, you multiply their enrollment numbers (~625) by a factor of 1.8 and thus they have to play at 5A level. Still not fair in my eyes since they are a private school and we all know that privates play by a different set of rules i.e. recruiting. But, you are correct, they will be a force!

Don't pull out the recruiting crap on Knox Catholic. Catholic offers no aid. If they play South it is even. Kinda like how in 98,2000, maybe 2002 DB did nto complain when in 5A DB used to have like 1,500 (now 300 more) and may have to play say Riverdale with 2,500.

Point is South would always yell DB had 500 more (which i know db has grown since) when they lost, but DB never complained when a scholl with 1,000 beat them in the playoffs.

Point is, DB played and beat MBA, the daddy of private schools that recruited. South can't complain about playing a 2nd cousin that does not recruit.

Sullivan South plays Knox West in week 0. I guess that will go a long way in determining whether South can get out of NET.

A long way? West really? One of the worst schools in the Knox area? Proves nada. Play Oak Ridge, Fulton, William Blount, Maryville, Farragut, etc. When South wins this game it will be two games won by South West of Mtown

A long way? West really? One of the worst schools in the Knox area? Proves nada. Play Oak Ridge, Fulton, William Blount, Maryville, Farragut, etc. When South wins this game it will be two games won by South West of Mtown

Go back and read ALL the posts Buddy instead of cherry picking the South posters' comments. Comp's statement was in response to another poster's analysis that the road out of 5A east TN could possibly go through Knox West. And to correct you AGAIN, it will be the FIRST game won by South west of Mtown actually. I'm assuming you are referring to the Knox Powell game won by South several years ago?? That game was played at South. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> So, your statement should have said VS. a team from west of Mtown. Now, get some sleep!

Monica you need to get back in the kitchen and bake some cookies. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Okay Jack, I'll bake you a cookie if you'll take my bet. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Just saw it. Impressive if you can get past the whole Notre Dame feel! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> They were DII 3 or 4 years ago and moved to 3A. Now with whole new classification system, since they are a private school playing a public schedule, you multiply their enrollment numbers (~625) by a factor of 1.8 and thus they have to play at 5A level. Still not fair in my eyes since they are a private school and we all know that privates play by a different set of rules i.e. recruiting. But, you are correct, they will be a force!

Oh Catholic recruits. No financial aid, but they recruit relative to the term "recruit." Recruit = Marketing. Same thing Fulton, Ausitn East, Alcoa, Maryville do. Fulton, and more recently, AE have done a good job. Anderson Co. has also done well in this area over the last few years. See the downturn at Central, Powell, Halls? Alcoa/Mville, and the Open Zone have helped for a long time. Catholic like Maryville has built a very, very strong feeder program, and have some good talent. Being partial to Fulton, I have no love for them, but do respect them. They are as physical as anyone Fulton has played over the last four years. MoWest got drilled by them the last few if I recall. They will struggle this year because they have no coach/staff, play a 6A schedule, have no depth compared to the teams they play, and, well just because I don't like them. Knox West is pretty tough. They usually don't play well until later in the year. Early game should give the edge.

ruse?

You know I live in Middle TN now. Private schools are a hot topic here. Private schools have been made more of a hot topic in East TN now with these changes, and mid TN has had these issues for some time. Don't get me wrong at all, I am a public school kid (Dobyns Bennett and feeder schools) from K-12 and went to UTK. But the thing that is thrown up in my face all the time here in middle TN when I complain about private schools recruiting is prove it! So I ask you, not because I do not agree with you (cause I do), but prove it! How will you prove Knox Catholic recruits? They must play by the 1.8 multiplier rule and they give up bodies on that rule. But how can you say they recruit? And if they do, why not turn them in? See, what you people in East TN are going to learn is that you can't prove anything. Oh, you might have a story about star QB John Doe that went to X school, that got an offer to such and such private school. But you have no proof. If you have proof report it or shutup. So get used to it. Shutup and play some ball and try to win. The excuses and crying about recruiting are only lies unless you can prove it so don't bring that crap. I already smell it in ruse in his above comment. I don't care if you know recruiting actually is going on, it does no good unless you prove it so don't cry and just play ball. So, like they say here in Nashville, prove there is recruiting going on that breaks the rules and show it to the TSSAA, or quit bit__in! Again I am a DB public school fan. But the next target of the TSSAA will be DB and Maryville. These two teams can take students from outside their area for tuition money and it is probably not fair to other schools that can't do the same. In other words, Maryville and DB can get kids from outside their area to help, just like a private school can So, you heard it here first, that will be stopped within 4 years, and it will hurt both schools. Think about it, DB and Maryville, can have any athlete in the world pay a bit extra to play there. You think that is an even playing field? No! Hate to say it, but TSSAA will end it all.

You know I live in Middle TN now. Private schools are a hot topic here. Private schools have been made more of a hot topic in East TN now with these changes, and mid TN has had these issues for some time. Don't get me wrong at all, I am a public school kid (Dobyns Bennett and feeder schools) from K-12 and went to UTK. But the thing that is thrown up in my face all the time here in middle TN when I complain about private schools recruiting is prove it! So I ask you, not because I do not agree with you (cause I do), but prove it! How will you prove Knox Catholic recruits? They must play by the 1.8 multiplier rule and they give up bodies on that rule. But how can you say they recruit? And if they do, why not turn them in? See, what you people in East TN are going to learn is that you can't prove anything. Oh, you might have a story about star QB John Doe that went to X school, that got an offer to such and such private school. But you have no proof. If you have proof report it or shutup. So get used to it. Shutup and play some ball and try to win. The excuses and crying about recruiting are only lies unless you can prove it so don't bring that crap. I already smell it in ruse in his above comment. I don't care if you know recruiting actually is going on, it does no good unless you prove it so don't cry and just play ball. So, like they say here in Nashville, prove there is recruiting going on that breaks the rules and show it to the TSSAA, or quit bit__in! Again I am a DB public school fan. But the next target of the TSSAA will be DB and Maryville. These two teams can take students from outside their area for tuition money and it is probably not fair to other schools that can't do the same. In other words, Maryville and DB can get kids from outside their area to help, just like a private school can So, you heard it here first, that will be stopped within 4 years, and it will hurt both schools. Think about it, DB and Maryville, can have any athlete in the world pay a bit extra to play there. You think that is an even playing field? No! Hate to say it, but TSSAA will end it all.

So, you are telling everyone else to shut up about the same thing you are crying about?!?! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And, Bud, don't ever speak of Maryville and D-B in the same sentence please. That's called apples and oranges. The reason people gripe about Maryville getting students from outside their area is because they are a state power. People could care less if D-B does because they are not a state power. Get all the North, South, and Volunteer rejects you want, you still are losing that first round playoff game! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Bud...Dude...are you partying solo again. Jeckl and Hyde I say. Issues only come out after a couple of days of whiskers. But I know how you think...call it like it is or go home. Volman will always get my back so don't jump back at him. He's got credentials so when he speaks it has substance.

OK...so West is .500. So if South loses then we will know that they are permantely fixiated to NET. And if they win...well then they are .500. At least you will let them play the game then right? As far as the rest of your heavyweights...it ain't gonna happen. South is on the drafting board to be butchered. When they get done with it it might be 2A. Sullivan County is bankrupt and Kingsport City is Rollin' on the River. You see if you remember when you were in school (especially Middle) the Heights' always had the athletes. Take it back as far as you want. Go back to the early 60's. Ask Volman...he went there in '68. They've always been very successful. A look into their trophy cabinets will allude to the decades of supremacy in all sports. It has always been a hotbed of talent. Always. And the middle school always had the coach that was out to prove he was the next great coach...so they had guidance also. Problem is that now that South is on the chopping block they have a coach that will hit .850 his whole career...something they never had until now. They have now what they always needed. Se' live'! I know you are critical of Stacy in a few instances and rightfully so. MoWest 05', DB '05, DB '06, Maryville '07, Greenville '08. I know you think he will always choke on the big one. But he is an Offensive mind...stubborn as Hades' but just the same... And like Waco and especially Cap says, "With the likes of #10, #15, #72, #4, & #1 South should have been in Murfreesboro every year since '05. This will be his 6th year. The record is pretty impressive. Yes, '08 should have been the year but we choked. And I know you are saying that the writing is on the wall. The difference is he coaches for principle. The championship coaches (like GQ) coach to win. The difference is fate. Do you believe you control your destiny? I'm sure you believe...yes. I'm sure you understand my analagy.

Nice Bud.....good way to keep a thread hot using the maryville "recruiting" topic. You might want to check out the number of "out of zone" tuition kids playing at Maryville. Currently I am aware of none but there may be a couple. Here is why. Maryville accepts tuition students based on class numbers. If a certain class is full or beyond they will not accept a tuition student. Also, tuition at Maryville at last check was $2,200 per year and $500 at Alcoa, though I expect Alcao to increase. I'm not aware of a tuition student getting into the Maryville system at a higher grade level in a while. Most of the tuition students don't participate in athletics. Maryville school systems are full, particularly at the highschool level. That will change in the future as they build additions and basically rebuild the school based on projected enrollment.

Basically it is this way currently....if you want your child to participate in Maryville athletics and attend this outstanding academic school you must live in the city of Maryville. That is what has and is happening as families opt to move into the city of Maryville for their children to attend Maryville.

Point is, DB played and beat MBA, the daddy of private schools that recruited.

Uh, pardon me, you put an extraneous "M" on the "daddy of private schools that recruited". "Proof" aside, the school widely considered to be the "daddy" of private school recruitment is the one affiliated with a long-standing suit with the TSSAA.

Put my biases aside and yours married into (if memory serves) and that is still the case.

Nice Bud.....good way to keep a thread hot using the maryville "recruiting" topic. You might want to check out the number of "out of zone" tuition kids playing at Maryville. Currently I am aware of none but there may be a couple. Here is why. Maryville accepts tuition students based on class numbers. If a certain class is full or beyond they will not accept a tuition student. Also, tuition at Maryville at last check was $2,200 per year and $500 at Alcoa, though I expect Alcao to increase. I'm not aware of a tuition student getting into the Maryville system at a higher grade level in a while. Most of the tuition students don't participate in athletics. Maryville school systems are full, particularly at the highschool level. That will change in the future as they build additions and basically rebuild the school based on projected enrollment.

Basically it is this way currently....if you want your child to participate in Maryville athletics and attend this outstanding academic school you must live in the city of Maryville. That is what has and is happening as families opt to move into the city of Maryville for their children to attend Maryville.

MLREB.....eye'm lookin fer a way two keep thiz topick hot and moove moore players uhh students, intwo Mairvul az eye tipe....