THS VIKINGS 09

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doea anyone know the overall reocrd for THS-EAST. I know East has never won, but how many wins has we had

I,m gonna say 40 wins.. that is close, but.. 04 or CAP could be more exact though.

I know they played in 1969. I'm not sure if they played before that because I think East didn't open until 1968. So that would 40 wins and 0 losses. The last couple of games have been nailbiters. :ph34r:

I heard something crazy and wanted to know if it was true. Did close to 20 players quit the team last week? Probably just a rumor but just wondering.

I haven't heard anything about it. If 26 players quit I highly doubt we would've had around the 40-45 players that Bigdaddy thought Tennessee had at the scrimmage. It is possible that Tennessee was perceived as having a low number because Mo West always has so many players. In my opinion it wouldn't be logical for that many to just suddenly quit. Why waste your entire summer doing workouts, practice, 7 on 7, two-a-days, and then just decide to quit when the fun stuff begins?

There was a similar rumor on CoachT last year. Someone posted and said that he heard 16 Daniel Boone players just decided to quit one day. I immediately thought that was fishy because that was almost half of Daniel Boone's team.

Have not heard any results on the scrimmage. How did the Vikings do? Was the spread offense that

THS was suppose to initiate effective? Just curious and wanted to get some reviews.

Bigdaddy posted a recap at http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/boards/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=198699. It appeared as if Tennessee High struggled. I didn't go so I'm really sure how well they did. I imagine though the questions on defense are partly attributed to their performance against West and Mo'West.

From BHC:

Tennessee High punter and kicker Tyler Graham recently competed in the National Kicking and Punting Competition presented by Kohl's in Whitewater, Michigan.

The camp featured coaches and players from both the NFL and major NCAA programs. Competing at the camp were some of the top prospects in the nation including commitments to Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Flroida, and Michigan, according to Graham's father.

Graham qualified for the camp by winning a regional competition in Atlanta and by averaging more than 37 yards per punt for the Vikings in 2008.

Graham finished 27th out of 200 in field goal accuracy at the event, and 34th overall. He also won his individual group for both kick-off distance and hang time, as well as punting distance and hang time.

Have not heard any results on the scrimmage. How did the Vikings do? Was the spread offense that

THS was suppose to initiate effective? Just curious and wanted to get some reviews.

I was at the scrimmage last Friday and although what's been detailed on here is accurate THS fans should not be overly concerned IMO. As someone stated earlier these preseason scrimmages are more about trying personnel at different positions & testing new formations rather than they are about getting the ball in the hands of your playmakers like an actual game would be.

QB Harmon looked good had some receivers drop the ball (not unusual for a preseason scrimmage) but he seemed to be in command of the offense and made a lot of nice looking throws. One of the best offensive plays for THS came on a bad shotgun snap from center that Harmon was able to corral and then avoid the rush to deliver a strike while rolling to his left to WR Simmons who had gotten behind the defense approx 30 yards downfield that resulted in a TD. RB Sheperd was a bit nicked up (nothing serious) and only carried the ball about 4-6 times. I do believe this offense has the potential to be the most effective THS has seen in the last few years if we can keep everyone healthy and utilize Harmon's passing ability to take some pressure off of Shepherd and the running game.

THS did use the shotgun 3 wide formation rather frequently. Simmons, Howard, Pendleton, Ellis-Davis & Bishop were some of the guys I noticed being used at WR. THS seemed to be trying out a number of different personnel combinations on the OL and DL as those guys were being swapped in and out frequently.

Just some things I remember from the scrimmage for THS fans that were wanting some more info...

I dont have a time, but August 7, @ MO WEST. August 11 at 530 Home vs Unicoi County and August 13 Jamboree vs Suliivan South 2nd Quarter 6pm at South and Agust 14 Powell Valley Scrimage(no time or place yet)

So what the date and time of the Unicoi County scrimmage

I heard the Vikings had a scrimmage yesterday. Anybody go?? :D