Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awefully late to be seaching for a new HC. Spring practice is on our doorstep. Most of the quality coaches have been already employed and working to prepare for the upcoming season.

When looking at Cleveland, one thing I would ask myself: Is the expectation too high to allow a coach to do his job. Both Wilson and Brown before him went to the playoffs but that seems to not be enough at Cleveland. Maybe the loss to Walker Valley was more than the Cleveland alum could stomach.

Awefully late to be seaching for a new HC. Spring practice is on our doorstep. Most of the quality coaches have been already employed and working to prepare for the upcoming season.

When looking at Cleveland, one thing I would ask myself: Is the expectation too high to allow a coach to do his job. Both Wilson and Brown before him went to the playoffs but that seems to not be enough at Cleveland. Maybe the loss to Walker Valley was more than the Cleveland alum could stomach.

This was actually a personal decision according to Wilson, with no known pressure from the AD. And ya they both made the playoffs but only advanced past the first round maybe twice in 10 years, not to mention a lack of region championships.

I kind of seen this coming, but yes it is really late for Coach Wilson to step down. I think he should have stay on for one more season and then stepped down after the season. It will be interesting to see who Cleveland picks up as the new head coach.

As a Rhea County fan all I ask is that you (Cleveland) don't pursue our reigning region 4-4a offensive coordinator of the year Walt Cameron. We can't afford to lose that man especially this year.

Agreed. With the amount of offensive talent we graduated it's going to take some serious smoke and mirrors by Coach Cameron for us to be successful this season.

Rumor is that a certain former Fighting Irish coach has thrown his name in the hat. Heard this from a source at ND.

That would be a great choice! Imagine the offensive show that might be with all the athletes at Cleveland. The competetion at that level would be some different that at Norte Dame.

What about the D Coordinator at Red Bank? There is a South Pitt connection in the CHS administration, too!