TSSAA Class A State Championship Game

MrTSSAA

Monasses will no doubt close the door on Temple early. Temple does not have any other players to help Sexton. They have no real presence inside and that will be the biggest difference in this game. This Temple team is nothing like the one they had a couple of years ago with Sexton, Skogen and Smith. Buckner will probably dominate Montgomery and Johnson under the basket. In order for Temple to win Johnson has to be more physical under the basket, box out, rebound and score. This is the championship game. No time to relax, play with intensity and a lot of heart. Brandon Andrews and Kemp also need to step up their game in order to win the gold ball. Free throws will also be a crucial thing in this game. Temple needs to make their foul shots if they want to get the W.

As far as for the Mr. Basketball Award. It will probably go the a West Tennessee player again. Just like Skogen got the shaft a couple of years ago -- Sexton will too.

These thoughts are just my personal opinions and in no way am I intentionally trying to belittle anyone.

My hope is that this game will be a good game and injury free. Good luck to both teams and congrats to both to making it to the championship game.

Good point about the free throws. Temple is horrible in that department. That's gonna have to change tommorrow.

Since probably none of us have seen both Sexton and Buckner play more than a handful of games, we can't be objective in our judgement of which player is better. IMO, the player with the better scholarship offer is usually the better player, and in this case it's Buckner. I love my boy Sexton to death, but he's not quite in Buckner's league. Not yet anyway.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will it go if Manassas plays like they did against Grace????????????

Not well for the Crusaders! Ha their guard composure will prob be a little better than Grace's was, rusulting in less turnovers, but they have no one to match up against Buckner. Johnson is going to have to step up defensively, and Kemp is going to have to make shots...ALOT of shots. But basically, if sexton is hitting, i think Temple has at least a chance of keeping it 'close' but if he's off, then o well...

Who takes home the GOLD ball from the Glass palace in Murfreesboro Saturday... Does Temple continue their dynasty or does Manassas redeem themselves from last years championship loss to UC...

Let's hear it... how many, why, factors, etc....

WEST VS. EAST TO BE CROWNED KING OF 1A BALL FOR 2009...

I predict Temple will add another ball to their case. A silver ball. Don't worry, I'm sure them or Grace will get to add more next year, because one if not both, should make it to State. Like was said earlier, the championship was played on Wednesday morning. It just makes it more entertaining, if they play those things on Saturday afternoon though.

This was decided Wednesday morning at 10 A.M.

Wow... GCP did you gather this postulation all by yourself... Probably true... but you never know Temple has always had that "it" factor...

I remember back in 01-02' they beat an Ezell team that was way more talented than them...

Ezell was better than this years Manassas team

but, that temple teams was better than this years team...

To the point... Temple can make this a close game, and even win...

Also, whoever put that Seth Skogen got robbed from the Mr. Basketball that year is crazy... At the time, I personally thought D. Puckett got robbed... but after watching N. Doaks play a couple of games... he was definetly the Mr. Basketball that year... D. Puckett was probably second, and Skogen 3rd... Saw all 3 on multiple occasions...

Man this should be interesting. Manassas has one of the worst draws for this game in the refs. The short guy will call every single touch thing so that might need to be very careful....

Man this should be interesting. Manassas has one of the worst draws for this game in the refs. The short guy will call every single touch thing so that might need to be very careful....