The crowd was terrible this year (Is it just me?)

nebuntyn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with the format. The simple fact is that the large cities like Memphis and Knoxville don't travel well and small town teams do. If Bolivar had of played in the championship saturday half the gym would have been covered in green. It is all about the team not the format. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's stupid to have the state finals the same days as the NCAA tournament. Basketball fans in general would rather stay tuned to the tv and check their bracket than to go to a high school game unless their teams are represented. Just a fact. I would venture to guess that if they'd finished up a couple of weeks earlier before college conference tournaments and all that, they might be surprised how many basketball fans would have shown up.

The format is entirely the problem.

I thought the crowds for AA and AAA game were very small. Games felt like a game played in the middle of December not the STATE CHAMIONSHIPS. Dont know the answer, but if that is any indication of how the State tournament finals are being presented to the general public of the state of Tn. then the system does need a turn with the wrench. That was broke in more ways than one. Attendance numbers were way down from years past. The girls tournament brought in more people for the weekend.

There is nothing wrong with the format. The simple fact is that the large cities like Memphis and Knoxville don't travel well and small town teams do. If Bolivar had of played in the championship saturday half the gym would have been covered in green. It is all about the team not the format. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well I guess the bright people from TSSAA have really messed up now........because they have changed the routing of the tournament next year. West Tn teams go west instead of east......so that will eliminate rural West Tn, they will not make it out of Memphis. Liberty is only chance in West Tn and maybe Humboldt. Poor Dyer County they are now in AAA.

i was really disapointed in the way the kids played, i didnt thinkl they played with alot of fire at all, the team that played the hardest was by far summertown, i enjoyed watching them play. am itr seems like single A schools all ways bring the best crowds. i played for cosby and we always brung alot of people to the boro.

Well I guess the bright people from TSSAA have really messed up now........because they have changed the routing of the tournament next year. West Tn teams go west instead of east......so that will eliminate rural West Tn, they will not make it out of Memphis. Liberty is only chance in West Tn and maybe Humboldt. Poor Dyer County they are now in AAA.

Give DC a few years in AAA.....got some real good ones coming up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I will say this....DC fans can pack a gym.

In the championship games you had 4 Memphis Teams, three of which, Manassas, BTW, and RE are inner city schools. For some of these families, transportation is a problem. It is a four hour drive from Memphis to the Boro, one way!! I made the trip three times last week, however not all people are like me and on spring break. If you charter three buses and if they are filled that is only approx 150 people. On the way to the Boro, there was a twenty car caravan from BTW which looks like a lot but when you put those people in the area it??™s a very small crowd. If you want a better crowd for the State, allow the sites to be determined based on the participants. I promise you if the finals where held in Memphis this year, at FedEx F it would have been a record crowd. For the last three years there have been at least three Memphis teams in the finals, like this year there was four last year as well.

When Bartlett used to play in the state tournament, they brought a crowd. Science Hill and Dobyns Bennet and the schools from the Tri-Cities area always bring crowds. Don't blame the distance.

Bartlett is a suburb and everybody from the city can't travel like the suburban residents do. Basketball is king in Memphis, yet we don't travel as well. There's a reason for that. You think we just don't care? THINK, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!