AAA, District 11 rankings and discussion

CalledStrike

Indy-4

Crying Rebels- 3

Enough Said.

BRowe throws a one hitter. Franklin can't hit the baseball, the best thing they do is whine to the umpires. They are pathetic. Classy move by Franklin's coach last night.

How did Franklin score 3 runs on only 1 hit? Sounds like the Indy team did not play that well behind their pitcher. What was the classy move by the Franklin coach? It looks like WCS baseball is on the downslide when compared to other surrounding counties. Too bad Overton is leaving next year, they appear to be the best team in this district. Really suprised by Brentwoods lack of success this year, probably due the parents/coach/administration thing going on over there. I don't believe any WCS team is going to advance past the first round of playoffs this year. Overton may have a shot in this district, but they are a Davidson conty school.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give credit to Rowe, when he didn't walk the Franklin batters (he had quite a bit), he held them in check for most of the game. The Rebels just didn't hit the ball very well, it happens. It was a good, exciting high school baseball game, and Indy came out on top. Who knows what would have happened if they would have played when they were originally supposed to, but since the Indy field was "too wet" I guess they had to move it. Maybe.

So here's the story on the "classless" coach. After the game, the Franklin coaches and Independence coaches shook hands near home plate while Coach Moore was with the Indy players going through the line with the Franklin players. So, Moore and Franklin Coach Brown didn't shake hands, no big deal because they just weren't in the same area, and Franklin started to go back to the dugout. Moore came over to the Franklin dugout and asked why Brown didn't shake hands with him, and Brown said it was because Moore was with his players, so he shook hands with the assistant coaches. Then Moore said to the Franklin players who were standing there, "Look how much class your coach has boys," or something very similar to that. Sounds to me like it was Indy Coach Moore who didn't show very much class. I don't care what happens, a coach should NEVER say anything bad about a team's coach right in front of the whole team.

Franklin not hitting the baseball is nothing new. That's been the story all season long. Now Franklin has to sweep Overton and Ravenwood to win the regular season championship. It's possible, but not likely. Independence on the other hand has clawed there way back and are only one game behind the Rebels. If they can keep it rolling they just might make some noise come playoff time.

Franklin not hitting the baseball is nothing new. That's been the story all season long. Now Franklin has to sweep Overton and Ravenwood to win the regular season championship. It's possible, but not likely. Independence on the other hand has clawed there way back and are only one game behind the Rebels. If they can keep it rolling they just might make some noise come playoff time.

Word has it that Franklin saved their top 2 pitchers for the 2 Overton games today and tomorrow. Overton has a sophomore (3-0, though) going today and their #1 tomorrow.

Is there some history between Indy/Franklin coaches that most of us are unaware of?

I will give credit to Rowe, when he didn't walk the Franklin batters (he had quite a bit), he held them in check for most of the game. The Rebels just didn't hit the ball very well, it happens. It was a good, exciting high school baseball game, and Indy came out on top. Who knows what would have happened if they would have played when they were originally supposed to, but since the Indy field was "too wet" I guess they had to move it. Maybe.

So here's the story on the "classless" coach. After the game, the Franklin coaches and Independence coaches shook hands near home plate while Coach Moore was with the Indy players going through the line with the Franklin players. So, Moore and Franklin Coach Brown didn't shake hands, no big deal because they just weren't in the same area, and Franklin started to go back to the dugout. Moore came over to the Franklin dugout and asked why Brown didn't shake hands with him, and Brown said it was because Moore was with his players, so he shook hands with the assistant coaches. Then Moore said to the Franklin players who were standing there, "Look how much class your coach has boys," or something very similar to that. Sounds to me like it was Indy Coach Moore who didn't show very much class. I don't care what happens, a coach should NEVER say anything bad about a team's coach right in front of the whole team.

A different story emerged form the other side of the field and it cast the Franklin coach in a bad light. Seems the Franklin coach and team were still harping about the original game being moved. Things went down from there.....

The field was border line at best for the original date. Independence had just received a field tarp, but was not set up to hold it down in other than calm conditions. and it blew up in heavy winds and rains.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...........baseball is great, every play has the ability to effect the outcome of the game. Bottom line, Indy wins 4 to 3

It was a fun game to watch !

A different story emerged form the other side of the field and it cast the Franklin coach in a bad light. Seems the Franklin coach and team were still harping about the original game being moved. Things went down from there.....

The field was border line at best for the original date. Independence had just received a field tarp, but was not set up to hold it down in other than calm conditions. and it blew up in heavy winds and rains.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...........baseball is great, every play has the ability to effect the outcome of the game. Bottom line, Indy wins 4 to 3

It was a fun game to watch !

Franklin has had a tough string of games going into the Overton series. They will be ok. Indy was real rested and had their ace fully rested for that game. The district tournament should be interesting.

Franklin has had a tough string of games going into the Overton series. They will be ok. Indy was real rested and had their ace fully rested for that game. The district tournament should be interesting.

Yes, but it doesn't really matter for the district winner for the season as they'll move on regardless.

Franklin will likely have the pitching edge tonight so we'll see what happens. Overton will score at least 4-5 runs.

Franklin came back and won after being down 6-1 in the second inning. I think they scored at least one run in every inning. Final score of 11-7, Falletta struggled early but Bein came in and did very well for four innings. Tyler Harris worked out of a no-out bases loaded jam in the sixth inning to keep the score at 7-7, then Franklin scored 4 in the bottom of the sixth and Harris came back in the seventh and shut the door. Great win for the Rebels. Sounds like it will be a tough game tomorrow, as Harton is pitching for the Bobcats.

(This is for IndyEagle09 also) Hitting for average: Franklin-3 players in top 10

Indy-0

Triples: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

Doubles: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

RBI's Franklin-2 players in top 15

Indy-0

Runs Scored Franklin-1 player in top 10

Indy-0

Stolen Bases Franklin-2 players in the top 5

Indy-0

ERA Franklin-2 pitchers in top 10

Indy-0

Strikeout leaders Franklin-1 pitcher in top 7

Indy-0

Scared to play originally scheduled game Franklin-0

Indy-1

County stats from Wmson AM 4-21-09 Stats don't lie! Does Indy have any players that are any good?

Franklin is not only a better hitting team than Indy they're better all the way around including the coaching.

District standings-Franklin in 1st place, Indy looking up.. I think you get the picture. No shot to win District and very little chance they will do anything in the tourny.

(This is for IndyEagle09 also) Hitting for average: Franklin-3 players in top 10

Indy-0

Triples: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

Doubles: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

RBI's Franklin-2 players in top 15

Indy-0

Runs Scored Franklin-1 player in top 10

Indy-0

Stolen Bases Franklin-2 players in the top 5

Indy-0

ERA Franklin-2 pitchers in top 10

Indy-0

Strikeout leaders Franklin-1 pitcher in top 7

Indy-0

Scared to play originally scheduled game Franklin-0

Indy-1

County stats from Wmson AM 4-21-09 Stats don't lie! Does Indy have any players that are any good?

Franklin is not only a better hitting team than Indy they're better all the way around including the coaching.

District standings-Franklin in 1st place, Indy looking up.. I think you get the picture. No shot to win District and very little chance they will do anything in the tourny.

Oh wow stats dont lie. Your so right, 4-3 doesnt lie. A win is a win.

Good players, well i guess Rowe i dont know. Signed a letter of intent to play with Lipscome in the beginning of the year, oh and this guy Josh Lee yea he is ok i guess, if you sign to play baseball with Vanderbilt your junior year. Come on really? That had to be the stupidest comment i have read yet.

not to sound like I am busting anyones chops here, but i would check my info before posting. a player cannot sign their junior year to play a college sport, it is against NCAA rules. a player can orally commit as a junior, but can't sign until theyu are a senior. it is the same in every sport.

maybe more people would be willing to accept your opinions if you actually knew what you were talking about.