Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to Coach Couey, just stating facts-his overall record when he was with us was 4-42 in two years. I just don't see him as the fit at a program like Oakland has right now, maybe later though.

i dont think Coach Coueys record could be 4-42 when they won 10 games his second year after graduating 6-7 seniors the year before he got there and another 5 after his first year - cchs is a death trap for football and basketball-look at the football program!

I hear Aaron Green may be interested. For those of you who don't know, he won a state championship as a player at Sweetwater H.S., played at Tennessee, coached for about 7 years at Cleveland (2 substates and 1 state tournament appearance and I think, 20 wins every year) and has been back at Tennessee as a graduate assistant for the last 2 years under Coach Pearl.

In regards to which Seniors are going to go where, I am going to pass that one along to someone in the know.

I hear Aaron Green may be interested. For those of you who don't know, he won a state championship as a player at Sweetwater H.S., played at Tennessee, coached for about 7 years at Cleveland (2 substates and 1 state tournament appearance and I think, 20 wins every year) and has been back at Tennessee as a graduate assistant for the last 2 years under Coach Pearl.

When Oakland makes the hire, I would like to see someone here for the long haul. Coach Green doesnt strike me as a guy that can stay in 1 place for too long. Has he ever left East Tennessee?

Any news on possible candidates, is their anyone with the inside track to this job. Very quiet for such a big job. Is there a time frame in mind.

Indeed. It looks like the administration is going to take a similar approach in terms of leaking any information to the media.

In regards to which Seniors are going to go where, I am going to pass that one along to someone in the know.

When Oakland makes the hire, I would like to see someone here for the long haul. Coach Green doesnt strike me as a guy that can stay in 1 place for too long. Has he ever left East Tennessee?

Indeed. It looks like the administration is going to take a similar approach in terms of leaking any information to the media.

There is nothing in Aaron Green's background that would suggest that he's looking to jump from job to job. He was at Cleveland for 7 years (his entire h.s. coaching career), then he went to Tennessee (where he played) as a graduate assistant. G.A.'s are only there for 2 years, then their time is up. Aaron just completed his 2nd year. Maybe he is more comfortable in high school. Leaving high school to go to the University of Tennessee is a pretty good career move.

In fact I bet he is the only serious candidate for the Oakland job who has coached his entire career at one high school.