Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend from Oakland called me again today. He said that there must have been 10 coaches being interviewed today. Does anyone know if Brandon Burks applied?

has burkes applied??? wow what a joke!!! burkes is lucky to still have a job at riverdale muchless be hired at a school with the basketball history as oakland.

I just wonder why he would want to jump to middle tn all of a sudden? Oakland is a good job but it is not an elite job. Being a G.A. would be a good career move if it indeed advances his career, but if hes just moving back to high school, I dont think it served its purpose. With that said, we dont even know if Aaron Green is a serious candidate for this job.

Its decent-good, nothing spectacular, but a strong foundation is there. The feeder program is a work in progress as Oakland draws kids from a myriad of middle schools. The county commissioners are voting on funding for schools right now, one of which would be a middle school right across from Oakland, so that will be key in the long run. Oakland will still have a good team next year regardless who is coach.

i almost feel sorry for whoever takes the job. i am not hating on oakland or anything of that nature but lets look at something real quick...

king found a way to get the most out of every kid on the court and somehow win 20+ games with them. he has done that the last 20 or so years. now lets look at the future....

oaklands freshmen team went 0-14 this season and their jv team was terrible. they do return a GREAT player in hughes but i believe that is the extent of good players that return and produced on last years team. here is my fear...

the new coach will be expected to continue to win the way king did and with what is coming back, i dont think it will happen. i overheard king himself say that this was the worst underclassmen he had ever had. again i am not bashing oakland in any way, i just believe that the new coach will be expected to win the way king did and with what is coming back, i just dont see that happening.

i almost feel sorry for whoever takes the job. i am not hating on oakland or anything of that nature but lets look at something real quick...

king found a way to get the most out of every kid on the court and somehow win 20+ games with them. he has done that the last 20 or so years. now lets look at the future....

oaklands freshmen team went 0-14 this season and their jv team was terrible. they do return a GREAT player in hughes but i believe that is the extent of good players that return and produced on last years team. here is my fear...

the new coach will be expected to continue to win the way king did and with what is coming back, i dont think it will happen. i overheard king himself say that this was the worst underclassmen he had ever had. again i am not bashing oakland in any way, i just believe that the new coach will be expected to win the way king did and with what is coming back, i just dont see that happening.

All good things must come to an end. If Oakland struggles to be relevant for awhile, so be it. I think whomever is hired will be given ample time to their own thing.

I heard Kevin Thomas from Shelbyville has interviewed.......why leave Shelbyville, is he in trouble over there??

Because a move to Oakland and Rutherford Co. is hard to ignore. That and the lure of replacing Randy has to have some stock, him and KT were pretty good friends. I think at Oakland, KT would have a chance to build a power whereas you have to wonder how much farther he can take Shelbyville, he has done so much in such a short time there. As far as im concerned, he needs to be the top priority. I have heard sources from both sides of the fence say it would be tough for him to leave Shelbyville, but an offer from Oakland would be equally hard to turn down. You can bank that Shelbyville will do everything possible to get KT to stay.

Because a move to Oakland and Rutherford Co. is hard to ignore. That and the lure of replacing Randy has to have some stock, him and KT were pretty good friends. I think at Oakland, KT would have a chance to build a power whereas you have to wonder how much farther he can take Shelbyville, he has done so much in such a short time there. As far as im concerned, he needs to be the top priority. I have heard sources from both sides of the fence say it would be tough for him to leave Shelbyville, but an offer from Oakland would be equally hard to turn down. You can bank that Shelbyville will do everything possible to get KT to stay.

Friend told me that it is down to 4 people. My guess is that the announcement will take place next week. Did hear the crazy rumor about Burks applying, but he is not one of the finalists.

Friend told me that it is down to 4 people. My guess is that the announcement will take place next week. Did hear the crazy rumor about Burks applying, but he is not one of the finalists.

Have heard 3 names mentioned prettu frequently, but havent really heard a 4th. I dont think Brandon is going to be able to get looks from other programs until he gets Riverdale to a point where they are legit contenders every year.