Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

As a graduate of Oakland, its been hard seeing Coach King knowing this is his last year. I'm really happy for the success that he has given Oakland High throughout the years he has created some big time players and developed a very hard spot to fill in for him. The Junior class soon to become Seniors all had plenty of playing time and will be a contender for that number 1 spot with Siegel. Jamal Hughes is Oaklands leading scorer and hoped to get that 1k mark next season.

With the talk above Green seems to be a big name for someone for Oakland to hire although there is plenty of offers. I believe last heard there was 30 or more offers......

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a graduate of Oakland, its been hard seeing Coach King knowing this is his last year. I'm really happy for the success that he has given Oakland High throughout the years he has created some big time players and developed a very hard spot to fill in for him. The Junior class soon to become Seniors all had plenty of playing time and will be a contender for that number 1 spot with Siegel. Jamal Hughes is Oaklands leading scorer and hoped to get that 1k mark next season.

With the talk above Green seems to be a big name for someone for Oakland to hire although there is plenty of offers. I believe last heard there was 30 or more offers......

Is it a fact that Green is interested in the job? or is that just a rumor? Seems like a reach to me. Not that Oakland isn't a great job because I truly believe that it is. Everyone keeps saying that he is the favorite and I'm just not sure that he has even submitted a resume. Thoughts?

Is it a fact that Green is interested in the job? or is that just a rumor? Seems like a reach to me. Not that Oakland isn't a great job because I truly believe that it is. Everyone keeps saying that he is the favorite and I'm just not sure that he has even submitted a resume. Thoughts?

Aaron Green has indeed applied for the position.

Although I am a Riverdale fan I would agree. As for the target thing, wasn't Vaughn the principal there for two years?

Yes he was, but I think but did so much more to help get moving forward as opposed to previous principals at Oakland, even in his short time there.

Aaron Green has indeed applied for the position.

Yes he was, but I think but did so much more to help get moving forward as opposed to previous principals at Oakland, even in his short time there.

There will be no shortage of the best Coaches in Tennessee looking at this job. Some of them have been watching this situation for about the last 5 years. Some College/University coaches have wanted to get connections placed in the school for the exposure. King ran his own ship and developed his own way and I'm not sure the immediate success of someone else. This one is going to have to know exactly how Randy King operated and what made his program work. Likely no one will immulate his methods nor could come in with the relationships he has had. No one could. Even to come in with the same discipline will be difficult so this coach AND whover is the assistant, as all have expressed, can not be a newbe and with a College/university background would get some attention but it will be tough with the teaching background also and of course, financially. The pressure is on the Principal and how he handles it. You can bet he is talking to every other Principal in the BORO.

There will be no shortage of the best Coaches in Tennessee looking at this job. Some of them have been watching this situation for about the last 5 years. Some College/University coaches have wanted to get connections placed in the school for the exposure. King ran his own ship and developed his own way and I'm not sure the immediate success of someone else. This one is going to have to know exactly how Randy King operated and what made his program work. Likely no one will immulate his methods nor could come in with the relationships he has had. No one could. Even to come in with the same discipline will be difficult so this coach AND whover is the assistant, as all have expressed, can not be a newbe and with a College/university background would get some attention but it will be tough with the teaching background also and of course, financially. The pressure is on the Principal and how he handles it. You can bet he is talking to every other Principal in the BORO.

Thank you Capt. Obvious! So, Randy King's clone won't get the job. It won't be a college coach who can't teach nor someone with no experience. And the principal will likely need to make a good hire. Man, maybe they should let you do the hiring. It sounds like you already have it figured out. Profound insight, sir.

I disagree with this statement if you are saying what I think you are saying. Im gathering that you are saying the next coaching needs to run the program they Randy King ran it(correct me if Im wrong). I disagree the next coach needs to run the program the way he wants to run the program if anyone comes in trying to be Randy King then he will fail. hopefully he is good at doing it his way this is going to be an interesting next couple of weeks in Rutherford County.....

I disagree with this statement if you are saying what I think you are saying. Im gathering that you are saying the next coaching needs to run the program they Randy King ran it(correct me if Im wrong). I disagree the next coach needs to run the program the way he wants to run the program if anyone comes in trying to be Randy King then he will fail. hopefully he is good at doing it his way this is going to be an interesting next couple of weeks in Rutherford County.....

I agree with you and he will have to run it his way. He couldn't run it the way RK ran it. Nobody could.

I agree with you and he will have to run it his way. He couldn't run it the way RK ran it. Nobody could.

Heard from a friend who works at Oakand that Aaron Green was at the school today. They said that Bruce Pearl has called giving him a ringing endorsement.

Just a few names to ponder:

Troy Allen- Mt. Juliet

Troy Bond- Wilson Central

Kevin Thomas- Shelbyville

Chad Hibdon- Blackman

Bobby Luna- Gallatin

Kevin Woodson

Jay Johnson- Franklin

Darrin Joines- Beech

Al Cooper- Clarksville NE

Doug Bontrager- Father Ryan

Eric Mitchell- White Co.

Kent Smith- Bradley Central

Joey Reed- Eagleville

I am sure there are some other names that will require intrigue, but for the most part, any one of these guys would be my ideal head coach at Oakland.

What about Wesley Jones from Oak Ridge?

In all fairness, I tried to keep the list down to coaches from middle tn. I dont think Oakland is a good enough job where coaches from east or west tn are going to be so interested that they will apply.

My friend from Oakland called me again today. He said that there must have been 10 coaches being interviewed today. Does anyone know if Brandon Burks applied?