Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

why are so many people turning down this job???? maybe people see why King left, this program has fallen in trouble I think??? King saw that there was no talent in the cup board and left and the canidates see the same.....just an observation!!

you are exactly right. whoever comes will be expected to win like king did. only problem is that there is no talent left. at least not enought talent to win 22 games.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't that happen? If he's planning on being there for the long haul and his program continues on the level it has over the last six or seven years, why wouldn't his resume be comparable to King's? Your argument is short-sided because of his age and head coaching experience compared to King's. This just in, there is a fairly big age gap and experience gap, one that Thomas can do nothing about. His resume speaks for itself since coming to Shelbyville and he's well on his way to leaving a lasting legacy just like King did. Unlike you, I think that could very well happen.

you think it could happen???? no one can go 340-28 over the course of 15-20 seasons. i dont care who you are!!! terrible observation by you.

you think it could happen???? no one can go 340-28 over the course of 15-20 seasons. i dont care who you are!!! terrible observation by you.

Dude. Seriously. Get over yourself. He's building a very comparable program, one in which probably looked very similar some eight years into King's head coaching career. I don't know what Thomas' overall record will be 12 years down the road and you don't either, but he's well on his way to winning bunches and bunches of games and losing very little. I don't care who you are, that is a simple and easy observation to make.

Also, people bring up that Randy's success may hinder a guy from applying or accepting, but I think this scenario is only the case at places that have a successful fan base. As good as Oakland has been over time, the support has been mediocre at best. Those who are truly basketball fans at Oakland know that its going to take some time to do his own thing, as it took Randy some time to do his.

Why can't that happen? If he's planning on being there for the long haul and his program continues on the level it has over the last six or seven years, why wouldn't his resume be comparable to King's? Your argument is short-sided because of his age and head coaching experience compared to King's. This just in, there is a fairly big age gap and experience gap, one that Thomas can do nothing about. His resume speaks for itself since coming to Shelbyville and he's well on his way to leaving a lasting legacy just like King did. Unlike you, I think that could very well happen.

Someone very close to the situation told me that Thomas was not officially offered the job. Sounds like to me that Thomas has the case of "look at me."

Also, people bring up that Randy's success may hinder a guy from applying or accepting, but I think this scenario is only the case at places that have a successful fan base. As good as Oakland has been over time, the support has been mediocre at best. Those who are truly basketball fans at Oakland know that its going to take some time to do his own thing, as it took Randy some time to do his.

I agree with this post. I think that Oakland will find someone who will fit their profile. There is only one Randy King. The thing that makes the job challenging, is unlike Siegel, Oakland has a deep basketball history. This dates back to Dickie Thomas.

Did Green withdraw his name because Thomas was offered the job first?

I know from someone thats close to Aaron that he withdrew his name when they called to request a 2nd interview. That was early Monday afternoon. Thomas said he turned down the job on Tuesday. Timeline suggests that Thomas was offered the job (if he even was offered) after Green withdrew his name. That would make sense considering it was down to those two guys.

Someone very close to the situation told me that Thomas was not officially offered the job. Sounds like to me that Thomas has the case of "look at me."

He was just about to "officially" get offered the job when he called to take his name out. He had gotten word from many that it was his if he wanted it.

Your "look at me" reference is immature, stupid, and ridiculous. Ask anyone involved. Oakland, through many, many channels, pursued Thomas from Day 1 because they respected his friendship with King and his continual success at Shelbyville. It's as simple as that. Don't flatter yourself and as a result try to read too much into it.

Knowing Thomas as a rival, he's not the sort. I would find some different sources given some of the information you have posted as of late, no slam on you, Im just saying.

He was just about to "officially" get offered the job when he called to take his name out. He had gotten word from many that it was his if he wanted it.

Your "look at me" reference is immature, stupid, and ridiculous. Ask anyone involved. Oakland, through many, many channels, pursued Thomas from Day 1 because they respected his friendship with King and his continual success at Shelbyville. It's as simple as that. Don't flatter yourself and as a result try to read too much into it.

I would first like to respond by saying your referring to me as stupid only confirms your lack of knowledge. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in person if this would help you with your assessment of my character. Now for this pursuing accusation, I was told by an inside source that it was in fact Thomas who did the pursuing. Keep in mind it was Thomas who coach King sent home after the Regional Finals. Now I don't have a dog in the hunt, and I could care less who gets the job, but please refrain from character assisination comments.

I would first like to respond by saying your referring to me as stupid only confirms your lack of knowledge. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in person if this would help you with your assessment of my character. Now for this pursuing accusation, I was told by an inside source that it was in fact Thomas who did the pursuing. Keep in mind it was Thomas who coach King sent home after the Regional Finals. Now I don't have a dog in the hunt, and I could care less who gets the job, but please refrain from character assisination comments.

Thomas may have been persuing Oakland, but I can guarantee that the feeling is mutual. He plays a style that the kids love to play in and he's every bit as good of a coach as Randy is. Certainly dissapointed that Thomas turned the job down, he was very high on my list and Oakland would have had their coach for the next 10-15 years at least.