Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You took the words from my mouth

Don't know why it was reposted, but it is in the local paper the Citizen Tribune that Wright has resigned and accepted the head basketball position at Murfreesboro Oakland.

He is probably the best young coach in east TN. He works hard, his teams are always well disciplined, and he has won with little talent. You guys made a great hire. He turned East around in only two years and this was a program that only had 2 district titles in the 40+ year history of the school. I don't know his exact record, but I know he won his 100th game sometime this year and he has only been a head coach for 5 years, so he has averaged about 20 wins a season. He will be missed. Good luck at Oakland Coach.

This is a sore spot for me. All these sports have more than one shot at a team. Once you find their weakness and see what works to defeat it, you get another crack at them to take them down. Take OHS this yr in bball.....we lose to Siegel and then got another shot at them. We took them down at the RIGHT time. In football, we have one try at them unless we face them in playoffs. Region games are so important b/c if you lose your chance at them in regular season, you might completely miss playoffs b/c of it. I hate the format in baseball and bball. You have a bad game and you get ANOTHER day. So not fair.

you must not follow basketball. siegel won the 1st game, oakland won the 2nd, then siegel beat oakland in the district championship. so when did you beat us at the right time???

Don't know why it was reposted, but it is in the local paper the Citizen Tribune that Wright has resigned and accepted the head basketball position at Murfreesboro Oakland.

He is probably the best young coach in east TN. He works hard, his teams are always well disciplined, and he has won with little talent. You guys made a great hire. He turned East around in only two years and this was a program that only had 2 district titles in the 40+ year history of the school. I don't know his exact record, but I know he won his 100th game sometime this year and he has only been a head coach for 5 years, so he has averaged about 20 wins a season. He will be missed. Good luck at Oakland Coach.

dont know much about the guy or morristown east. just by looking at their schedule it seems like the competition in that area was pretty weak. do you think he will be able to do as well in this region with siegel, shelbyville, etc(more talented teams than cherokee co., cocke co.)??

dont know much about the guy or morristown east. just by looking at their schedule it seems like the competition in that are was pretty weak. do you think he will be able to do as well in this region with siegel, shelbyville, etc(more talented teams than cherokee co., cocke co.)??

He will do fine. It is not like he was beating up on bad teams with a load of talent. It is obviously a week area of the state for talent, but he was coaching with teh same type of kids. So I think when he has more talent he will compete with the more talented teams. IF that makes any sense.

He will do fine. It is not like he was beating up on bad teams with a load of talent. It is obviously a week area of the state for talent, but he was coaching with teh same type of kids. So I think when he has more talent he will compete with the more talented teams. IF that makes any sense.

well he will have a true test of his coaching ability next year at oakland. he has hughes coming back and thats about it. i wish him the best of luck.

well he will have a true test of his coaching ability next year at oakland. he has hughes coming back and thats about it. i wish him the best of luck.

Also, speaks pretty big volumes of the teams improvement in just their 2nd year. Weak region or not, it takes a pretty extraordinary effort to make the sectionals in a coach's 2nd year at the helm. Oakland may not be as talented as other teams, but they will buy into what Coach Wright teaches, play hard and play smart, that combined with Coach Wright's apparent prowress equals good things for Oakland in the future. I commend the administration on this hire.