Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

yeah its a little easier to win state championships when the sport is divided into 5 classes. in football, the top 4 teams in the region make the playoffs. once in the playoffs, i believe you have to win 4 or 5 games to win state. in basketball you have 3 rounds in the district, 3 in the region, 1 substate, and 3 in the state tourney.

im not taking anything away from football, but it is easier ti win a championship in football than in basketball.

and by the way siegel hasnt recruited ANY player that is on their roster. not 1!!

I will agree with you on this. Much easier to win state in football than in basketball, some of the best coaches in the state may not ever win a gold ball, much in part because of our neighbors to the west.

However, lets stay on topic: Names that could possibly be in play?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with you on this. Much easier to win state in football than in basketball, some of the best coaches in the state may not ever win a gold ball, much in part because of our neighbors to the west.

What about John Wild....former Franklin County girl's coach and also has head coaching experience in college. I think he just resigned at FC.

I'm sure he could make the transition to the boy's game!

What about John Wild....former Franklin County girl's coach and also has head coaching experience in college. I think he just resigned at FC.

I'm sure he could make the transition to the boy's game!

Never was really sold on the Wild's. His history of bouncing around would worry me a little bit as well. At this point it would seem most of the high level head coaches are going to steer clear of this position, so I am going to endorse Michael Couey, which would give Oakland a head coach for another 20-25 years, if things go right.

Once again, rumors have it that the job has been offered to a young head coach in East TN. If it is true, he is quality adn a GREAT hire. I know his school will hate to lose him, even though they had to know he wouldn't be there long. This info comes from pretty legit sources. I don't want to give a name, because I don't think he would want it out there.

You don't have to worry about Michael Couey applying for the job at Oakland. LaVergne has a good nucleus returning and some good players that were not eligible last year. They have a much better chance of winning games there the next couple of years than at Oakland with no consistant feeder program.

I dont doubt it. Michael did a good job with his boys form start to finish and played Oakland very tough. Funny you should mention the feeder program as the county commissioners just past spending for a series of new schools, one of which would be a middle school right across from Oakland. Oakland has always had to pick up kids from various middle schools, but pretty soon it will have one of its own.

Once again, rumors have it that the job has been offered to a young head coach in East TN. If it is true, he is quality adn a GREAT hire. I know his school will hate to lose him, even though they had to know he wouldn't be there long. This info comes from pretty legit sources. I don't want to give a name, because I don't think he would want it out there.

A, AA, or AAA?