Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

Just who do you think you are calling dummy? Siegel better worry about beating teams when it counts, and let everything else take care of itself. When you guys actually win a championship in a major sport, you can brag. Try getting out of the Regional.

well since we are all talking about thomas and how he will eventually be as good as king....

siegel has been around for 6 years as compared to oakland and riverdale who have been around for 30 or so.

riverdale won some rings in football back in the rainken era when they had to announce which hometown their players came from. funny what happens when the recruits quit pooring in. so that would be 1 legit championship in girls basketball for riverdale. if they had a coach that knew what they were doing the girls team could have possibly had another one this year. riverdale might be the biggest recruiting school in the county. Burkes does a good job with all the kids he recruits from central to come to riverdale as freshmen. they go 19-0 as freshmen then go 6-23 at the varsity level. that is if he doesnt run them off and they dont end up at siegel /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> he tells them they can go to siegel (which is where they are zoned for) and sit on the bench behind kerry, levon, and gooch (where they could actually win some hardware) or they can goto riverdale and start right away (where they can go 6-21). if it were up to me, i would rather be part of a winning program and practice against better players everday and EARN my playing time as a junior and senior. i would also have a legit shot a playing college ball by going to siegel. kevin smith made it to the next level because he was simply that good, not because the great recruiter burkes did anything to help him.

as for oakland, my hat is off to their football team. they had a great season and earned everything they won. as for basketball...the future doesnt look so bright. just my opinion.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well since we are all talking about thomas and how he will eventually be as good as king....

siegel has been around for 6 years as compared to oakland and riverdale who have been around for 30 or so.

riverdale won some rings in football back in the rainken era when they had to announce which hometown their players came from. funny what happens when the recruits quit pooring in. so that would be 1 legit championship in girls basketball for riverdale. if they had a coach that knew what they were doing the girls team could have possibly had another one this year. riverdale might be the biggest recruiting school in the county. Burkes does a good job with all the kids he recruits from central to come to riverdale as freshmen. they go 19-0 as freshmen then go 6-23 at the varsity level. that is if he doesnt run them off and they dont end up at siegel /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> he tells them they can go to siegel (which is where they are zoned for) and sit on the bench behind kerry, levon, and gooch (where they could actually win some hardware) or they can goto riverdale and start right away (where they can go 6-21). if it were up to me, i would rather be part of a winning program and practice against better players everday and EARN my playing time as a junior and senior. i would also have a legit shot a playing college ball by going to siegel. kevin smith made it to the next level because he was simply that good, not because the great recruiter burkes did anything to help him.

as for oakland, my hat is off to their football team. they had a great season and earned everything they won. as for basketball...the future doesnt look so bright. just my opinion.

Once again you do make some valid points, but the thing with "Rankin" is absurd. I would agree with your assessment of the Lady Warriors Basketball team, but you could say the same thing about Siegal's Boys basketball team. I try not to be too critical of coaches. Okay....except coach Aydelott. Good luck Oakland in your search.

Once again you do make some valid points, but the thing with "Rankin" is absurd. I would agree with your assessment of the Lady Warriors Basketball team, but you could say the same thing about Siegal's Boys basketball team. I try not to be too critical of coaches. Okay....except coach Aydelott. Good luck Oakland in your search.

what could you say about siegel's boys team? and what is absurd about rankin?

The immediate future may not be bright, but programs like Oakland seldom stay down for long.

what could you say about siegel's boys team? and what is absurd about rankin?

and just a thought cause i could be way off here.... has any one thought that woodson may just be a talent chaser? he did well at blackman with Price and nathan stephens (r.i.p.) then left when all the talent did. so he goes back to oakland. then the well looks dry at oakland and he turns down the head job. again maybe im way off but thats kind of ironic.

and just a thought cause i could be way off here.... has any one thought that woodson may just be a talent chaser? he did well at blackman with Price and nathan stephens (r.i.p.) then left when all the talent did. so he goes back to oakland. then the well looks dry at oakland and he turns down the head job. again maybe im way off but thats kind of ironic.

Im not saying your wrong, but back then, Kevin put up with much more from the parents than most folks would have. Yeah, the talent was a little down, but I think the spending more time with the family was a cover from getting away from overzealous Blackman folks.

I do not know Thomas, and all that you say mabe true. I was simply stating that what good is it to tell the paper that you turned a job down. It sounded to me that he allowed his ego to get the best of him. You will notice that I did not use the words stupid, immature, or anything that would be considered malicious. I apologize for upsetting you. Perhaps you have a man crush on Thomas.

It sounds like you have a "man crush" on yourself....

Perhaps word travels through small communities like Shelbyville pretty fast and he wanted to stop rumors about him maybe leaving or not.

Once the decision was made he shared his decision with fans and supporters.

Is there something wrong with that?

Rankin won because he was a great coach, and had good talent. Siegel's boys team had the talent to make a run in the state. Enough said.

Rankin won because he was a great coach, and had good talent. Siegel's boys team had the talent to make a run in the state. Enough said.

i never said he wast a good coach. i simply made the point that there was a lot of recruiting going on there. everyone knows that. if you try to deny it, you are a liar...or just blind.

It sounds like you have a "man crush" on yourself....

Perhaps word travels through small communities like Shelbyville pretty fast and he wanted to stop rumors about him maybe leaving or not.

Once the decision was made he shared his decision with fans and supporters.

Is there something wrong with that?

All I am saying is that it sounded self serving. Hey, like I said, I have no dog in this hunt. I do believe that King is a legend in high school like Bear Bryant was to college football.

i never said he wast a good coach. i simply made the point that there was a lot of recruiting going on there. everyone knows that. if you try to deny it, you are a liar...or just blind.

Well since I am neither. I will tell you that the program sold itself to those who wanted to play high school football. The only difference in Riverdale Football under Rankin, and Siegel Boys Basketball, is STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Well since I am neither. I will tell you that the program sold itself to those who wanted to play high school football. The only difference in Riverdale Football under Rankin, and Siegel Boys Basketball, is STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

yeah its a little easier to win state championships when the sport is divided into 5 classes. in football, the top 4 teams in the region make the playoffs. once in the playoffs, i believe you have to win 4 or 5 games to win state. in basketball you have 3 rounds in the district, 3 in the region, 1 substate, and 3 in the state tourney.

im not taking anything away from football, but it is easier ti win a championship in football than in basketball.

and by the way siegel hasnt recruited ANY player that is on their roster. not 1!!