Games this week

akula21

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field conditions were fine. By our count, Maryville outshot SD 17-3, and we had 13 corners as well. In the Notre Dame game, Gallatin game, and SD game we have had a total of 41 corners...that is not an exaggeration...and we have had an EXTREMELY difficult time putting the ball away. It is frustrating not to score, but I guess you have to be happy with the win since SD has the potential to upset people. I would not count SD out at all, but I think their youth will make them hot and cold all year long. Look for them to upset people this year and be a great team next year.

It seems to me that Maryville is very close to putting things together. They got a nice early goal off a Corner against SD and just seemd to relax a little. If they had gotten a second goal either in first half or early in second I think it would have been a 4-0 type game similar to Seymour game earlier in year. However, when you let a underdog team that has talent hang around their confidence builds more and more as the game goes along and the favorite team starts to rush and get anxious. This young Maryville team will continue to get better and be somebody to make some noise later this year and come playoff time.

was the ccs tournament cancelled

Yes, all the games were cancelled due to the weather but CCS and Goodpasture went ahead and played and when I left with 20 minutes left in the game it was CCS 6 to 0 and a total mismatch. I don't think Goodpasture had a shot.